Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Ultraman, Lionel, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Ultraman, Lionel, etc.

So, I just happened to view Justice League - Crisis on Two Earths last night and it got me thinking about how THIS episode didn't make any sense.

Clark was Ultraman... but WHY wasn't Oliver bad too, or Lionel good?

In the cartoon - Clark, Oliver, Canary, etc. were bad... they were part of the "Crime Syndicate" rather than being the Heros of the Justice League AND Lex was good

That MAKES SENSE, to me, for a mirror universe, where things are opposite. In Scion, even Lionel's finger prints were the OPPOSITE -

1. So, why wasn't Lex... or in this case, Lionel, a Hero???

2. Why was Clark the ONLY one changed?

3. Was the point of Luthor, really just to say that BEING RAISED BY LIONEL LUTHOR MAKES YOU EVIL??? -- Which is essentially, what Clark told Tess in the end of this episode; that it wasn't Luthor blood, "but the man himself" i.e. Lionel that made Clark Luthor evil and Lex, in the real world, evil as well

4. So, if Clark Kent was raised by Lionel Luthor then he would be just as evil as Ultraman

This doesn't add up, to me - can anyone explain the AU in Smallville?

Right on, love Crisis On Two Earths so much :-) . If you want, check out the book JLA:Earth2. It is one of several CrimeSyndicate stories that helped to inspired the movie.

1. In the prime Smallville Universe Lionel had more or less reformed and was trying to help Clark in his own way. So mirror universe Lionel being evil to a great degree made sense. When it comes to Lex, they didn't give any details beyond; Lionel was disappointed in him and Clark killed him. They don't say how or why. In my mind, Lex rebeled and Clark took him down.
    2. This is a good question, the other characters were different but mostly only slightly. Ollie wasn't a hero, he was with Lois. Chloe and the heroes we know weren't really mentioned. I suspect we may find out more in 'Kent' if it is indeed a return to the alternate universe, I hope it is.
    3. I think part of it is about Lionel, and his corrupted ambitions and drive for his children. The idea of nature versus nurture. Like many alternate-reality stories it comes down to what could have been.
    4. Its very possible. But than again, this world seems to have a few more heroes than the AU. I say 50/50.

The AU in Smallville is a take off of the classic mirror universe concept, specifically DC's CrimeSyndicate ruled universe, sometimes called Earth-3. Admittedly it may not be exact to what we know, but the prime Smallville universe isn't the exact DCU we know either.

It may be that Oliver in the AU starts out as someone who wants to be a hero but maybe something happens to drive him evil. It may be that AU Lex has faked his death and will return leading a JusticeLeague of AU versions of villians we know to fight Clark Luthor. It may be that as Clark Luthor begins to take control of that Earth he comes into contact, and forms rough alliances with, a billionaire crime boss with high tech toys and a super woman who will throw him for a loop. Again, we've only seen a fraction of that universe for a small period of time. Anything is possible.

Hoping 'Kent' is a return so we can see more.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianRogue
      Right on, love Crisis On Two Earths so much :-) . If you want, check out the book JLA:Earth2. It is one of several CrimeSyndicate stories that helped to inspired the movie.

1. In the prime Smallville Universe Lionel had more or less reformed and was trying to help Clark in his own way. So mirror universe Lionel being evil to a great degree made sense. When it comes to Lex, they didn't give any details beyond; Lionel was disappointed in him and Clark killed him. They don't say how or why. In my mind, Lex rebeled and Clark took him down.
      2. This is a good question, the other characters were different but mostly only slightly. Ollie wasn't a hero, he was with Lois. Chloe and the heroes we know weren't really mentioned. I suspect we may find out more in 'Kent' if it is indeed a return to the alternate universe, I hope it is.
      3. I think part of it is about Lionel, and his corrupted ambitions and drive for his children. The idea of nature versus nurture. Like many alternate-reality stories it comes down to what could have been.
      4. Its very possible. But than again, this world seems to have a few more heroes than the AU. I say 50/50.

The AU in Smallville is a take off of the classic mirror universe concept, specifically DC's CrimeSyndicate ruled universe, sometimes called Earth-3. Admittedly it may not be exact to what we know, but the prime Smallville universe isn't the exact DCU we know either.

It may be that Oliver in the AU starts out as someone who wants to be a hero but maybe something happens to drive him evil. It may be that AU Lex has faked his death and will return leading a JusticeLeague of AU versions of villians we know to fight Clark Luthor. It may be that as Clark Luthor begins to take control of that Earth he comes into contact, and forms rough alliances with, a billionaire crime boss with high tech toys and a super woman who will throw him for a loop. Again, we've only seen a fraction of that universe for a small period of time. Anything is possible.

Hoping 'Kent' is a return so we can see more.
      Sorry I can't figure out how to post my own comment. I was wondering how Clark got cut in "Luthor" when Lionel tossed a sword to him and he caught it by the blade. He was shown using superspeed a moment after that so he still had his powers. If anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary.coffelt.9
        Sorry I can't figure out how to post my own comment. I was wondering how Clark got cut in "Luthor" when Lionel tossed a sword to him and he caught it by the blade. He was shown using superspeed a moment after that so he still had his powers. If anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.
        The foil/sword has a blue kryptonite tip. Clark looks at the tip after he is cut.

Comment

Here's a link to a screencap of Clark looking at the tip of the foil after he cuts his hand on the blade. The blue K allows Lionel to duel with Clark without his powers.

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/smallv..._display_media

Comment

Originally posted by skully
            Here's a link to a screencap of Clark looking at the tip of the foil after he cuts his hand on the blade. The blue K allows Lionel to duel with Clark without his powers.

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/smallv..._display_media
            Ahh, thanks y'all

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎