No announcement yet.

'The Crime Syndicate'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Crime Syndicate'

Ok, one of my hopes going into the episode is that we'd see a hint or wink to the existance of a Syndicate on Smallville's 'Earth-2'. We didn't get that as the episode was appropriately focused on more important things. But we may or may not see a hint or wink of something resembeling the Syndicate existing in 'Kent' when the episode airs after hiatus. I love mirror universes, and my love for them goes all the way back to StarTrek . But as a DC fan the Syndicate has always captured my imagination. For those curious the Syndicate has expanded in recent years revealing the names and origins of other members outside the core.
    Here's a list of the known Syndicate members from the comics, & while some of their good counterparts have been revised occasionally i've included them as well, for those interested;
    Ultraman - Superman
    Owlman - Batman
    Superwoman - WonderWoman
    Power Ring - The human GreenLanterns of earth
    Johnny Quick - The Flash's
    Doctor Noon - Doctor Mid-Nite
    White Cat - Black Canary
    Spaceman - Starman
    White Martian - Martian Manhunter
    Barracuda - Aquaman
    Blood Eagle - Hawkman
    Transmuto - Metamorpho
    Red Archer - Green Arrow

Besides the Syndicate this Earth also has two more crime groups;
    The Crime Lodge - The Justice Society
    The Young Offenders - The Teen Titans/Young Justice

Heroes
    Alexander Luthor Sr. - Lex Luthor
    Lois Lane-Luthor - Lois Lane
    Alexander Luthor Jr.
    Quizmaster - Riddler
    Sir Solomon Grundy - Solomon Grundy
    General Grodd - Gorilla Grodd
    Q Ranger - Major Force
    Lady Sonar - Sonar
    Star Sapphire - Star Sapphire

There were also a group of Qwardians that once showed up featuring AU, evil, versions of several heroes involved with the than JusticeLeagueInternational;
    Scarab - Blue Beetle
    Slipstream - Flash
    Fiero - Fire
    Frostbite - Ice
    Deadeye - Green Arrow
    Elasti-Man - Elongated Man
    Element Man - Metamorpho

And than theres the CrimeSociety, another version of the Syndicate on a world labeled Earth-3; a mirror universe of a golden age Earth-2. This is one of the most recent renditions seen in the comics. Again the core members of the Syndicate remain but than there are more alternate versions of other heroes and the villians who oppose them;

Villians
    Ultraman - Superman
    Owlman - Batman
    Talon - Robin
    Superwoman - Wonder Woman
    Power Ring - Green Lantern
    Johnny Quick - Flash
    Annataz Arataz - Zatanna
    White Canary - Black Canary
    There are Crime Society versions of; Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, BoosterGold, Hawkwoman, Wildcat, Supergirl, TheSpectre, Stargirl, and Wondergirl but they have so far gone unnamed.

Heroes
    Jokester - Joker
    Three Face - Two Face
    Duela Dent - Daughter of Jokester/Three Face
    The Riddler - The Riddler

And than there is the animated feature JusticeLeague:CrisisOnTwoEarths, the two parter of Batman:TheBraveAndTheBold and any number of many animated appearances. The two part 'Justice League' episode 'A Better World' was originally planed to be a Syndicate story. The idea was changed because the story was becoming something that was distinctly not the Syndicate, thus the JusticeLords were created. The Syndicate was than going to be seen in a direct-to-dvd movie meant to bridge JusticeLeague and JusticeLeagueUnlimited. But it was put on hold and later became CrisisOnTwoEarths. They were even talking about doing an Owlman story in the comic based on the series 'TheBatman'.
    Last edited by MartianRogue; 04-01-2011, 12:27 AM.

Originally posted by MartianRogue
    And than theres the CrimeSociety, another version of the Syndicate once on a world labeled Earth-3 a mirror universe of a golden age Earth-2. Again the core members of the Syndicate remain but than there are more alternate versions of other heroes and the villians who oppose them;
    Ultraman - Superman
    Owlman - Batman
    Talon - Robin
    Superwoman - Wonder Woman
    Power Ring - Green Lantern
    Johnny Quick - Flash
    Red Archer - Green Arrow
    Annataz Arataz - Zatanna
    The Jokester - Joker
    Alexander Luthor Sr. - Lex Luthor
    Lois Lane-Luthor - Lois Lane
    Quizmaster - Riddler
    Three Face - Two Face

And than there is the animated feature JusticeLeague:CrisisOnTwoEarths, the two parter of Batman:TheBraveAndTheBold and any number of many animated appearances...
    I just saw this cartoon Was the Joker's name the Jester, though???

Anyhoo, I love that Lex and the other baddies were the heros... like the Joker and whatnot.

I'm not sure why SV went the route of ONLY having Clark be Ultraman... kinda lame that they didn't have the Red Archer I would have LOVED that

Probably, no chance in Kent either, since Justin Hartley isn't in that Epiosode I wish would could have seen LEX as a hero

Comment

It would be cool if they had the Kara from Clark Luthor's world come into ours and become Powergirl.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
      Was the Joker's name the Jester, though???
      Yep, they changed it from the comic continuity in that aspect, which I didn't mind. They also used his alias of Red Hood as his Earth-3 counterpart in Batman the Brave and the Bold.

I don't blame them for tweaking it in either case, as Countdown (the series in which he appeared) was horrible.

Here are all 3 for comparison.

[IMG]http://images.*****.com/marvel_dc/images/c/ca/Jokester_e03.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by tnr105; 03-18-2011, 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^^^ Okay, thanks!

Comment

I LOVE CrisisOnTwoEarths, and the BraveAndTheBold two-parter was fun as always.

I would love it if DC did some kind of CrimeSyndicate focused story outside of the Earth2 book and the guest spots. I'd like to see maybe a maxi-series; TalesOfTheCrimeSyndicate maybe. Where that world was expanded on and shown in a more complete way. They don't have to show origins or anything. But I just would like to visit that world in a more complete way.

Comment

Kara may still be on Earth-2. Still sitting at the bottom of the lake in her spaceship.

Comment

Thats very true. A lot of whats happened in the main Smallville universe may not of happened or will most certaintly be reversed.

Comment

did more research, and revised my lists.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎