Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did Hobbes go?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's edited out for time why Hobbs split?

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      Who was Sarah to Hobbes again? Were we told? Sister, wife? I doubt it was romantic, otherwise he wouldn't be so into Erica. I mean why fight so hard to protect someone you don't care enough about to be loyal to? Unless he's sleeping with Erica/getting romantically connected for ulterior reasons.
      Sarah was supposed to be the love of his life, which is just one of the many reasons why I can't take Hobbes, Hobbes/Sarah or Hobbes/Erica seriously anymore.
      Last edited by shadow08; 03-17-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        Who was Sarah to Hobbes again? Were we told? Sister, wife? I doubt it was romantic, otherwise he wouldn't be so into Erica.
        Scott Rosenbaum said in an interview that Sarah was the love of Hobbes' life and her disappearance sent him down his dark path.

Comment

Maybe Hobbes saw the ashamed look on Erica's face when they arrived at the bunker and that's why he bailed.

Comment

I have a feeling its more likely he was kidnapped and he didnt choose to leave. Maybe they just set it up to make it look like he left on his own so nobody goes looking for him.

Originally posted by shadow08
            Maybe Hobbes saw the ashamed look on Erica's face when they arrived at the bunker and that's why he bailed.
            Well she did look over at Hobbes in her bed and mumble "What am I doing?" then he woke up. I would love it if he heard that!

Comment

Sarah was supposed to be the love of his life, which is just one of the many reasons why I can't take Hobbes, Hobbes/Sarah or Hobbes/Erica seriously anymore.
              Yup, unless his relationship with Erica is an act or a ploy to accomplish some end (connected to saving Sarah)? His disappearance could support that I suppose. As afterall, he doesn't really love Erica, it's Sarah he'll do anything for. Including sleeping with Erica. He's just taking one for the team...the man's a saint.

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
              Scott Rosenbaum said in an interview that Sarah was the love of Hobbes' life and her disappearance sent him down his dark path.
              Quote from the article: “[That] gives him a personal stake in the fight against the Vs, and we will see him at his most ruthless as he’s driven to take down the Visitors and reunite with Sarah.”

^^I guess sleeping with Erica is Hobbes at his most ruthless and driven....he's driven all right....driven to cheat.
              Last edited by Xanderman; 03-17-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lexrules
                I'm really concerned as to where he went. I dont' think he'd abandon Erica, I believe he's a good guy at heart. So.......what happened to him?
                I think he’s a good guy at heart too. He’s becoming really dedicated to stopping the Vs, he doesn’t care about money anymore, he’s putting his life at risk. And he’s very concerned, caring, supportive, protective when it comes to Erica. I don’t think he’d abandon her, especially now that they’re starting a relationship. But even ignoring those things, which I guess is convenient for a few people, it still wouldn’t make sense for Hobbes to willingly leave now, if he hasn’t done it before.

Hobbes was SAS, and then a mercenary for hire. If he was a coward, he would have picked less dangerous professions. He’s experienced enough to know exactly the risks of a war against a technologically advanced alien species, and if he wasn’t willing to take them, he wouldn’t have joined the Fifth Column in the first place.

He also doesn’t believe in giving up after a defeat. “ Which do you want to be? The guy who gets knocked down or the guy who gets back up?” And they’ve had a lot of set back before, so he didn’t just give up.

After episode 5, Hobbes believed Ryan had turned full traitor. And Ryan knew that he was Fifth Column and where he lived. Yet Hobbes didn’t run. So it wouldn’t make sense for him to run now even though he believed Lisa might sell them out.

I don’t think he got another mission or went after Sarah either. He didn’t just leave. His equipment, furniture, clothes were also gone. That probably took a lot of time and effort. And he only had a few hours at most to do it, between the moment he left Lisa and the moment Chad and Jack got back to his place. If he had a tip on Sarah or a mission, he would have done that first. And there was no time to complete a mission/save someone from the Vs and move.

I think it’s most likely he was kidnapped by the Project Ares people. Since they had bugs and a hidden camera in Erica’s house, I doubt they missed the world renowned terrorist in the middle of her living room twice. And since Erica knew about the Vs and she was in a relationship with him, it was pretty safe to assume so did he. With his skill set he’d be very useful to them. So they probably kidnapped him like they did Erica and took his surveillance equipment too, so they wouldn’t leave any evidence behind. But Erica’s a legitimate fed and they tracked her every move for a while so they know they can trust her. Hobbes on the other hand isn’t exactly a law abiding citizen, so they need to investigate him first, and probably keep him locked up in the meanwhile. Erica wouldn’t be too happy about her boyfriend being locked up, so that’s probably why they didn’t tell her about it, and won’t until they know whether they can trust Hobbes or not.

Originally Posted by shadow08
                A little embarrassed is more like it. If she was ashamed, she would have asked him to wait an extra 10 minutes outside, instead of coming in at the same time as her, to avoid the others figuring out that they spent the night together. Instead, she didn’t really bother trying to conceal the fact

As for Sarah, I hope the writers change their minds and make her his sister. All they said on the actual show was that she was someone Hobbes cared about, so that wouldn’t be a contradiction. Or at least say that she broke up with him before her real or fake death 5 years ago.

Last edited by Alia; 03-18-2011, 10:48 AM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rule #10 - abuse of emoticons

Comment

Thank you so much for your posts Alia and SamanthaMarie88! It's so good to hear someone that thinks like me about Hobbes.

Theory 1 : Maybe he kept Joshua communication device, and Joshua called him back to tell him about Bliss and possible Lisa failure. My thought : Unlikely.

Theory 2 : VERY LIKELY. Project Aries warned Hobbes about incoming failure and told them about the invasion. But, as for the "mercenary cover", I don't think it is one. I think that Hobbes became mercenary after Sarah's death (I think she'll still dead despite the "communication" on Siege, Visitors are very skilled for manipulating people and are very evolved in technology), Kendrick knew that Hobbes was a SAS he said it in front of everyone in Welcome to the war.
                  How Kendrick knew about relying on Hobbes ? Former SAS (military), maybe Kendrick and Bolling know some things about Hobbes' past (Sarah's death and the true purpose of his hiring by Visitors), so when Hobbes knew about the thousands of motherships in Devil in blue dress and the possible Lisa failure in Mother's day, he packed up and left his basement explaining why it was empty and why Hobbes didn't reply to his phone (I'm sure it was an order from Project Aries to protect himself and the Project itself).
                  Other thing : why would Kendrick, Project Aries and Bolling would send Hobbes putting camera ball in Erica house ?
                  1. I think Kendrick knew that Erica was protecting Hobbes but he didn't know why (in 1x05 Erica came and protected Hobbes from Visitors), I can't remember but I think that Hobbes' stuff still were in his room, maybe he saw the videos and saw Hobbes and Erica conversasion
                  2. Possible bargain to save Hobbes, Sarah and Humanity with Project Aries - In exchange from his work as military to destroy Visitors they help him to find Sarah.
                  3. Why Hobbes didn't stay with Erica ? Maybe he was on a mission asked by Project Aries and he knows that does not want to be overprotected especially since the events of Siege.
                  4. Because Kendrick needed proofs about Erica real informations and engagement to destroy Visitors. How ? One of the final scenes of Siege about "giving up the investigation on Erica", or it meant that they already knew and they suspected her to work with Eli or they needed enough proofs
                  5. Why Hobbes ? He's a military, well trained, and will be a huge threat with Project Aries. Because I am sure that Visitors forced Hobbes to become mercenary by killing Sarah to hire him later.
                  Remember that Anna has always a back up plan. So Humanity has (Project Aries)!

Comment

^^I guess sleeping with Erica is Hobbes at his most ruthless and driven....he's driven all right....driven to cheat.
                    So true. With the exception of the 2 Hobbes/Thomas scenes in Siege, nothing Scott Rosenbaum teased in that spoiler ended up on our TV-screens. But we heard Sarah's voice on the phone and they didn't give us any on-screen proof that she's dead afterwards, so who knows what will happen in season 3.

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                    Well she did look over at Hobbes in her bed and mumble "What am I doing?" then he woke up. I would love it if he heard that!
                    That would be interesting, but I don't think he noticed Erica's moment of self-examination.

<>A little embarrassed is more like it. If she was ashamed, she would have asked him to wait an extra 10 minutes outside, instead of coming in at the same time as her, to avoid the others figuring out that they spent the night together. Instead, she didn’t really bother trying to conceal the fact
                    I don't think that would have done anything because Jack and Hobbes are living together. It's not hard for Jack to put 2 and 2 together. I was glad that Erica wasn't acting all proud after her second hook up with Hobbes, contrary to the week before. It showed me that she still has a conscience and some manners/morals, even if they are buried deep inside of her now.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                      Thank you so much for your posts Alia and SamanthaMarie88! It's so good to hear someone that thinks like me about Hobbes.

I’m glad other people here love Hobbes and ship Erica/Hobbes, too. The majority of the fandom feels the same way, especially on youtube and livejournal, but here not as much

I don't think that would have done anything because Jack and Hobbes are living together. It's not hard for Jack to put 2 and 2 together. I was glad that Erica wasn't acting all proud after her second hook up with Hobbes, contrary to the week before. It showed me that she still has a conscience and some manners/morals, even if they are buried deep inside of her now.

Jack’s deductive skills left aside, the fact that Hobbes didn’t sleep at home doesn’t necessarily mean he spent the night with Erica. But the fact that the 2 of them happened to arrive at the same time made it obvious. The coincidence would have been too big. Last episode, even though they spent the night together and probably got Sid’s phone call at the same time, Hobbes made sure to get there a while before she did, to keep up appearances. As for the manners/morals part, Erica is the same character archetype as Kara from BSG, or Echo from Dollhouse: smart, strong, independent kick ass women, who challenge male-female stereotypes. And in the controversial relationship department, Erica is practically a nun compared to Echo and especially compared to Kara.

Comment

I think project Ares cleaned him out. He couldn't have moved all of that stuff so quickly by himself.

Comment

It only took me five years to get the DVDs for Season Two and I just watched the deleted scenes. Ryan puts Thomas in the memory machine and sees that Thomas met with Hobbs and gave him the device that killed Erica's husband. Ryan calls Erica during the hostage situation with Anna and her daughter. Now, here's where it gets confusing. Erica just looks at Hobbs and he disappears. No words are spoken and apparently he just reads her mind. This was probably better left out of the television version...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎