No announcement yet.

The Deaths

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul-82
    I think it has been a fatal error to kill of Diana (Jane Badler). A lot of the audience of joined in for Season 2 would have done so as Jane Badler was joining the cast.
    I agree, I believe it was a large part of why the ratings for this season were pretty steady.

Comment

There is DELICIOUS irony in Erica not realising Tyler is actually a V imposter! (If Anna puts skin on a V to look like him + watch his memories etc and spy on Erica).

Erica will be all "Yea Anna, I win, I got my son back and my family is back together!". Lol - and she wouldnt know that... Anna has already won. Tyler was already dead, and her son and 'family' is all a lie.. and worst of all - Tyler is a V!

Comment

I did not really read most of the Posts but I Loved that bit the dust or got bitten LOL!!! He was annoying, Ryan I was kinda mad at, they should of kept him going into season three, killed by your own daughter (kinda reminds me of the end of Mr. Brooks..LOL) Diana, I knew she was going to get wacked, but not the way Ana did it. That chick is ruthless, I love it...Chad they are going to torture the crap out of him. If i were him I would of been like nope i am not going with you. LOL

She told Lisa this is how you kill your mother...That was cold blooded like the reptiles they are LOL

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tyrian
        There is DELICIOUS irony in Erica not realising Tyler is actually a V imposter! (If Anna puts skin on a V to look like him + watch his memories etc and spy on Erica).

Erica will be all "Yea Anna, I win, I got my son back and my family is back together!". Lol - and she wouldnt know that... Anna has already won. Tyler was already dead, and her son and 'family' is all a lie.. and worst of all - Tyler is a V!
        I totally agree that this may happen next season, and I hope that the V doctor dude 5th C, brings Ryan back, along with Diana Secretly of course, he was brought back, so anything is possible for the writers right???
        Last edited by TSEW; 03-17-2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
          With a limited number of episodes I just don't see TPTB waste time on a character that doesn't even have a storyline. Very few people watching even liked him. He's dead. His death does more for the plot of other popular characters in one episode that he achieved alive in 23.
          I have a question for you EM fan...if Sawyer was on V, what nicknames do you think he'd come up with for Tyler?

Sawyer: Hey Snake Food, would you die already? Nobody likes you.

Tyler: Lisa liked me...and she used to be Supergirl, stupid.

Sawyer: Dream on, Super Hurl, she played you like a fiddle.

Tyler: Oh yeah?? Well, you're...you're a poopy head!

Sawyer: Great comeback Jabba the Twit.

Originally posted by Glove
          I can't stand resurrections, twin siblings (Martin/Philip), and/or alternate
          timeline doubles to bring back characters simply because they are
          popular. This is highly overused in sci-fi and makes for terrible
          storytelling. When a character is dead...they should stay dead. I
          don't mind flashbacks as long as they are pertinent to the story.

*"Death" stops becoming an important plot device and turns into
          a joke. The audience starts saying,"Ah, that's alright, he'll be back."
          Death is not to be taken lightly.
          I agree with this in principle, but mainly only if the dead main character's story has had a satisfying resolution or payoff. Ryan for example, hasn't had a chance to fully redeem himself, or to get even with Anna. Or to "save" his evil daughter (who am I kidding, that b**** needs to die j/k). Diana's character similarly seems to have been unsatisfactorily ended, and even Tyler the Insufferable deserves better than he got (again, in principle ).

Originally posted by Superboy2
          Well Anna could also make V skin to look like Tyler so the actor could come back but it's not actually Tyler.
          I like this idea, and can see them doing something like that. Fits well into the "mould" of the show (yes that was a cheese reference ).

Originally posted by Tyrian

Yes it'll make for some good times had by all, no question.

Originally posted by TSEW
          She told Lisa this is how you kill your mother...That was cold blooded like the reptiles they are LOL
          Funny but incredibly cheesy of course...as was much of what they did this episode. V goes great with wine apparently. heh
          Last edited by Xanderman; 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Out of everyone that died Ryan has the best chance of coming back. Anna would make sure the wound to Diana was fatal. Tyler had his throat practically torn open and there's not much Josuha can do without exposing himself. Since we can assume that Anna doesn't know Ryan is dead someone could heal him. But Tyler can't be brought back without attention being drawn to the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by paul-82
              I think it has been a fatal error to kill of Diana (Jane Badler). A lot of the audience of joined in for Season 2 would have done so as Jane Badler was joining the cast.
              You couldn't be more correct. I was absolutely FLOORED when Diana met her demise at Anna's hands. With all the one-upping and cat/mouse play all season I was sure that eventually Diana would rise to the top.

That was a gamble on the writers/producers part to kill her off but I fear it will be a bad move in the end. Jane Badler has a HUGE following and they are collectively pissed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                Out of everyone that died Ryan has the best chance of coming back. Anna would make sure the wound to Diana was fatal. Tyler had his throat practically torn open and there's not much Josuha can do without exposing himself. Since we can assume that Anna doesn't know Ryan is dead someone could heal him. But Tyler can't be brought back without attention being drawn to the situation.
                I agree about Ryan because you never saw his face when Amy killed him, so you don't really know what was damage done.
                Well even though I can't say I would want to see it, Tyler missing would bring a lot of attention so if Anna brought Tyler back by putting his skin on another V like she did Lisa 2.0 then Erica would never tell the difference or know that realTy is dead while also giving Anna the advantage to spy on Erica. I could definitely see Anna doing something sinister like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007
                  I agree about Ryan because you never saw his face when Amy killed him, so you don't really know what was damage done.
                  Well even though I can't say I would want to see it, Tyler missing would bring a lot of attention so if Anna brought Tyler back by putting his skin on another V like she did Lisa 2.0 then Erica would never tell the difference or know that realTy is dead while also giving Anna the advantage to spy on Erica. I could definitely see Anna doing something sinister like that.
                  Why would Anna go through all of this to spy on Erica? She has no clue she is 5C so that seems like an awful lot of trouble for no reason on Anna's part...

Comment

Originally posted by zcflint05
                    Why would Anna go through all of this to spy on Erica? She has no clue she is 5C so that seems like an awful lot of trouble for no reason on Anna's part...
                    Well the point would be like I said before so it wouldn't bring suspicion. Erica would get her 'son' back thinking he made it off the ship safe. Anna has clearly suspected Erica for a while so I'm sure she would use FakeTyler as a plant to spy on her. Then she would find out something.

Not saying it will happen, but if it did I could believe it because of how calculating Anna is.
                    Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TSEW
                      (...) killed by your own daughter (kinda reminds me of the end of XXXXXXXX..LOL)
                      (removed movie title in quote to not spoil even more people).

Did anyone ever tell you it's considered rude to give away movie endings to a public audience, i.e. people who may not have seen the movie?

I think I'm not the only one who could put you on the ignore list for that. Please try to not do that ever again! Remember, with any given movie, on every internet forum, there will probably be people that have not seen it yet. Giving away endings, especially in a forum for tv/movie buffs, is just the worst you can do.
                      Last edited by bokkers; 03-17-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The thing about Ryan is I'm not sure he should be back. His death has been hinted at for a while now. There have been assassination attempts on him and Anna has known the whole season, that he's a traitor. His arc has just been drawn out to me.

I do like the theory about Tyler coming back to fly ships for 5C. Just because he was a loser and could use some redemption.

Diana... for everyone who didn't watch because of Vandervoort, they watched for her. I hope she comes back in some form. Perhaps if she left instructions for Marcus and we see them a la flashback? We'll see. We don't even know if s3 is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

I agree with this in principle, but mainly only if the dead main character's story has had a satisfying resolution or payoff. Ryan for example, hasn't had a chance to fully redeem himself, or to get even with Anna. Or to "save" his evil daughter (who am I kidding, that b**** needs to die j/k). Diana's character similarly seems to have been unsatisfactorily ended, and even Tyler the Insufferable deserves better than he got (again, in principle ).
                          That's life. People die all the time without accomplishing their life's goals
                          or correcting a bad reputation. Read some history.

Comment

I wish there would have been more of a knock-down, no holds barred fight between Anna and Diana before Diana died, but the tail thing was pretty cool too. I'd like to see some major political fallout for Anna because of that though (among her own people).

Tyler - well, the guy just wasn't very bright. And people who are not very bright, and who don't listen or pay attention to what is going on around them are prone to meeting with unpleasant fates. He should stay dead IMO. But I'm not sure what this will mean for Erica. What is her motivation now? If Tyler is dead, Joe is dead, Hobbes is gone, and Jack is high on Amy Bliss, what is left for her to fight for?

Ryan - I liked him, but his character was getting to be too predictable. The death here was completely fitting.

Comment

Tyler was killed before he could be redeemed. He was the 2009 version of Daniel of the first V, and suffer his fate. Ryan, the 2009 version of Willie, deserve a better fate. He shouldn't have been killed at all. I was not pleased with Diana's death. I was hoping for a reunion between Marc and Jane. It could have been revealed that the two knew each other from appearing in Ken Johnson's V teleplay.
                              Last edited by mbozzo; 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I was hoping Lars was Diana's boyfriend from 15 years ago. Remember how Diana said she experienced heart break?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎