No announcement yet.

The Deaths

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glove
    That's life. People die all the time without accomplishing their life's goals
    or correcting a bad reputation. Read some history.
    Yeah but this isn't life, it's a fantasy/drama/story. As such, characters, especially main characters, are more likely to enjoy such things, especially in fiction/fantasy or stories about heroes/superheroes. Can you imagine if baby Superman died before reaching Earth? If the ship was accidentally pulled into the Sun, or perhaps crashed into an ocean and he drowned? Funny, yes, but it would sort of hurt the story (or make it non-existent). Know what I mean?

Originally posted by bln
    I'm not sure what this will mean for Erica. What is her motivation now? If Tyler is dead, Joe is dead, Hobbes is gone, and Jack is high on Amy Bliss, what is left for her to fight for?
    Revenge, saving other children/mothers from the same fate, saving the world/humanity, etc, you know the usual. But if you're referring to fighting for someone she knows/cares about on a more personal level, perhaps her possible future grandchild (Tyler's child with fake Lisa) is someone she can fight for. And if she's lucky, and as a bonus, maybe Tyler Jr won't turn out to be the complete and utter failure his father was.

Comment

A character fighting only for revenge is pretty one dimensional and uninteresting. If there is a grandchild angle, that might work.

Comment

Originally posted by mbozzo
        Tyler was killed before he could be redeemed.
        I don't know. I thought the scene between Tyler and Erica in 2x09 when she gives him Joe's jacket was enough to patch up their relationship before his death.

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a grandchild or grandchildren that she will try and rescue. Or Lisa 2.0 isn't able to have children because she was aged too fast, or thats how it seems and Joshua made that possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
            I'm hoping there will be a grandchild or grandchildren that she will try and rescue. Or Lisa 2.0 isn't able to have children because she was aged too fast, or thats how it seems and Joshua made that possible.
            I'm hoping there's a twist too that's bad for FakeLisa, so I would prefer it be that.

Comment

Im still hoping tyler's death was some sort of false projection or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by paul-82
                I think it has been a fatal error to kill of Diana (Jane Badler). A lot of the audience of joined in for Season 2 would have done so as Jane Badler was joining the cast.
                I don't think that Diana is really dead. Why? the lizard heart is on the left and higher (rewatch Welcome to the war when Erica fights the visitor in her house). And we didn't hear Diana lizard's scream like the captain in Red Rain or Malik in Laid Bare.

EDIT : I think that Ryan is dead for good (when you hear this sound on the neck, it's not good at all), Tyler is losing a lot of blood, I don't know if they can save him, and why would the writers go back to what they've done whereas their purpose was to make Erica changing as she survived ?
                Last edited by cloisornothing; 03-25-2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bln
                  A character fighting only for revenge is pretty one dimensional and uninteresting. If there is a grandchild angle, that might work.
                  I don't think anything will come off of the grandchild angle for Erica. Considering that they will most likely be completely isolated from humanity, they will probably turn out to be evil just like Amy did. I am sadly envisioning a future story arc where Erica may have to kill her own grandchildren for the good of humanity and considering how they came into existence, it might not be a hard task for her to do so either.

Comment

They shouldn't have killed Diana.I was really sobbing when she Died

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎