Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So not only is the Intersect not a secret anymore...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So not only is the Intersect not a secret anymore...

but just about anyone can be a 'Chuck' now, if what was seen tonight and future hints provide.

Wow.

Might just be my opinion, but unless something happens to change my stance on it, the spy side of the show - which is supposed to be the largest side (right?) - just took a huge downturn for me. I mean, Chuck is supposed to be original, but now he's not.

Only way it would work for me if they created 'regional' and 'international Chuck's', but even then it doesn't work because Charah was getting 2-week long "vacations" between missions now, and if there are more intersects out there covering other regions domestically and internationally, that would further cut down on mission possiblities for the "A Team".

Don't get me wrong, I am a Charah shipper - but I originally liked Chuck for the spy part of the show more than anything else; I don't want to tune in weekly to a 'soap opera', where the spy part of the show is severely overshadowed. And with the way they've described really recent events in the Chuckverse and upcoming stuff, that's the way it should realistically play out if more human!Intersects are out there in the world.

Like I said, (for right now) I don't like the current direction the show is taking. Hope they prove me very wrong in how things play out in the last 5 eps of S4 (& next week).

Since when was the intersect a secret from the CIA? Also even though there were other intersect agents this episode pretty much proved that Chuck is the only person that can use the intersect correctly.

Comment

They have always maintained that there is something special about the wiring in Chuck's brain that allows him to have the intersect. Remember the whole Stanford thing, and the professor with the special testing? The professor was looking for a brain that could hold the intersect and Chuck scored off the charts. That's why Bryce framed Chuck, that's what put the whole thing in motion, that's why Bryce sent Chuck the Intersect. Remember in Chuck vs the Suburbs when all the Fulcrum agents were exposed to Intersecting and they all writhed and died while Chuck held Sarah's hand and closed her eyes? They mythos of Chuck has always been that Chuck's brain is special.

Did they go against that when our two Grettas were Intersected? It's hard to say. If these Grettas were tested and found to be the .001% that can take the Intersect, than no. If next week's plot is that Chuck is trying to find other people with the special brain wiring he has, then no.

But if they start handing out the Intersect to just anyone, then Yes, the show has gone against one of its main premises from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
        Since when was the intersect a secret from the CIA? Also even though there were other intersect agents this episode pretty much proved that Chuck is the only person that can use the intersect correctly.
        No, the CIA isn't left out of the Intersect secret, but I am peeved how all the new government types they meet now already know about the Intersect. I know the show has progressed, along with the characters, but used to be a time that they made it seem that very few (like a handful) knew about it.

And ok, if Chuck is the only person that can properly handle the Intersect, then why are looking for more Chuck's? I know I am just griping, but they say one thing, at one time, but go and do the opposite later.

There needs to be some explanation next week, or sometime, that says either Chuck is the only possible human!Intersect (with the 'special wiring in his head') or they need to explain why others can do it.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎