No announcement yet.

Getting tired of this Green Kryptonite

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting tired of this Green Kryptonite

Come on, we have seen Clark do ALOT more things to get rid of Green K.. and yet another little green rock next to him and he cant do crap.. JEEZ! why is he so weak in some episodes??!!?

u know what im tired of............ Red K....

just another excuse for clark (or conner this time) to act a heartless idiot.

Comment

In all honesty I always wonder if Green K can do amazing things in experiments, you think that those rocks would be worth more then gold and the problem would solve itself. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
        u know what im tired of............ Red K....

just another excuse for clark (or conner this time) to act a heartless idiot.
        Agreed, especially when it has more uses then that.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Supsfan
        In all honesty I always wonder if Green K can do amazing things in experiments, you think that those rocks would be worth more then gold and the problem would solve itself. lol
        And apparently you can mix it with Gatorade and control jocks and cheerleaders
        Last edited by Dominicus; 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i always shake my head in how they STILL use green k at this point. that ain't doing any favors for clark--making him look all weak and all.

Comment

I admit the Green K use didn't bother me nearly as much in this episode as it did in "Abandoned" or some of those Season 8 ones. Heck, the sheer number of times when Green K just randomly appears to screw Clark over bothers me. At least in "Scion" the presence of both K's made sense. Earth-2 Lionel knows what they do and exposes Clark and Conner deliberately. That's a lot better than "the counterfeit money uses meteor rock fluid."

Comment

Originally posted by Cloning Blues
              I admit the Green K use didn't bother me nearly as much in this episode as it did in "Abandoned" or some of those Season 8 ones. Heck, the sheer number of times when Green K just randomly appears to screw Clark over bothers me. At least in "Scion" the presence of both K's made sense. Earth-2 Lionel knows what they do and exposes Clark and Conner deliberately. That's a lot better than "the counterfeit money uses meteor rock fluid."
              How about causing pregnancies to result in birth in a matter of a week and the kid rapidly ages once he does get born only to explode in a matter of a few days. I generally am rather forgiving for the uses of kryptonite(hell I even had no problems with Krypto protein shakes in Craving) but that one takes the cake for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloning Blues
                I just thought that was weird, the kryptonite is radio active and it glows green. Glowing money is pretty suspicious!

Comment

I miss the days where the Kyptonites were so rare that nobody knew how to affect the man of steel negatively.

Oh, wait, there were no days like that on Smallville because they decided to litter the town with kryptonite to keep Clark's opponents a challenge.

This plan backfired long ago and now, no one is really worried about the world's greatest hero that can be put to the ground by a small rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Overcast 86
                    I miss the days where the Kyptonites were so rare that nobody knew how to affect the man of steel negatively.

Oh, wait, there were no days like that on Smallville because they decided to litter the town with kryptonite to keep Clark's opponents a challenge.

This plan backfired long ago and now, no one is really worried about the world's greatest hero that can be put to the ground by a small rock.
                    It wasn't a big deal in earlier seasons, and then the second meteor shower made it worse, but by now it should be rare. I mean Zod and Clark went all over the place destroying large quantities. Yes, Lionel would find some, that makes sense, but that should have been the first and only usage this year.

Comment

Yeah, I can see where it's a bit overdone now. Early on to establish that Kal-El has a weakness, sure, we learn about "meteor rock" and its effects. Been there, done that. we're coming down to the wire for the series, let's not waste too much time re-establishing the fact that a Kryptonian is vulnerable to the stuff.

As for RedK, I liked the Silver Age approach that is not used in SV....its effects are temporary and always unpredictable. It could turn him into a moth, your mom, a 1000 pound slob, a girl, a....dare I say....a lemur.....now that could've made for fun programming

Comment

Yeah, I'm tired of seeing the weak Clark with Green K around every other minute... it's pretty LAME!!

Comment

This has always been part of the package with Superman's mythology. You kind of fooling yourself if you thought you'd not see Green K around a lot. Its hard to easily weaken Superman and writers resort to it, to create easy drama for the big blue scout.

Comment

I have been sick and tired of the overuse of green k since.....season one! I think it is often used as a crutch or excuse for bad writing.

Comment

Green K. is just an excuse for lazy writing, no doubt about that. In addition Clark's reaction to green K. appears to vary with the direction in which the script wishes him to go. Sometimes he has a strong reaction, sometimes a weak one, sometimes he reacts far away, sometimes close up etc...you get the picture. If there's been one glaring inconsistency on this show, amongst many, it's been Clark's unpredictable reaction to green K. Enough already. Let's curtail its use for the next 5 episodes PLEASE.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎