Ratings ForLast Night's Episode

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing way back that they said they had a plan for the whole story that would take three seasons to complete. Anyway....I honestly think it will be back for one more season and that will wrap it up.

Comment

I Think...

they initially had said four seasons. But the plan always was for it to run sporadically (meaning, not a full, regular season).

Comment

DVR Ratings...

Thanks to TV By The Numbers for the info.

There were 49 shows in the DVR mix for week ending March 13 (this excludes reruns and specials).

18-49 Ratings Increase From DVR Viewing
        No. 12, 0.6 rating
        So, counting live and 7-day DVR viewing, that gives "Devil in a Blue Dress" a 2.3 rating.

Largest 18-49 Demo Percentage Increase From DVR Viewing
        No. 7, +35%

Largest Average Viewership Increase From DVR Viewing
        No. 19, 1.339 million
        So, that gives the episode a cumulative total of 6.361 million. The live+ same day ratings actually were 5.022 million- recall that the final numbers reported for this episode were 4.98m. So, no "V" episode dipped below 5m in live+same day numbers this season.
        Last edited by Resistance84; 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

wow, good info. some of the other abc programs were less than this. maybe we have some hope of a 3rd season!

Originally posted by Resistance84
          Thanks to TV By The Numbers for the info.

There were 49 shows in the DVR mix for week ending March 13 (this excludes reruns and specials).

18-49 Ratings Increase From DVR Viewing
          No. 12, 0.6 rating
          So, counting live and 7-day DVR viewing, that gives "Devil in a Blue Dress" a 2.3 rating.

Largest 18-49 Demo Percentage Increase From DVR Viewing
          No. 7, +35%

Largest Average Viewership Increase From DVR Viewing
          No. 19, 1.339 million
          So, that gives the episode a cumulative total of 6.361 million. The live+ same day ratings actually were 5.022 million- recall that thefinal numbes reported for this episode were 4.98m. So, no "V" episode dipped below 5m in live+same day numbers season.

Comment

I think it is a good sign it will be back. V survived a lot of obstacles this season with the network and managed to bring back the viewers after a very long hiatus. I think considering the time slot and no lead in series V did very well. V has a loyal audience that the network can count on. I think if they do not bring it back it will be hard to sell the DVD or rent on netflix. I can not imagine anyone wanting to watch the show ending on a c;iffhanger. I think V works well in a short season. The shows that have 22 or 24 episodes season I get relly bored with at times. I know because I watched Lost for 6 season and was actually happy the last 3 season were shorter.

Comment

Yes...

it works best as a short-season-type show. The initial plan was to have four seasons, but if renewed, may end up just as three.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎