This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Week...

is another rerun lead-in.

If it were to get a 2.0 next week, that would mean a 17% gain or so- seems a little high at this point, but who knows.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this show is a goner, but it has a slim chance of
      getting a 2-hour movie special to close it out only if enough fans rally
      to support it.

Of course, on the bright side, if ABC wants this show to return in
      the Fall or next January, I'd suggest running all 22 episodes of S1
      and S2 to allow folks that didn't watch it the first time around a
      chance to get interested in it. I just don't see this happening.

I seriously think the issue is weak writing. The directors could
      have been a little more conscious of what they were doing too.
      They had all those months to prepare for 10 episodes. Plot-holes,
      open-ended storylines, abandoned storylines, among other things
      and this is what they came up with? I'm not saying that everything
      was wrong, but I'm not overly happy with Scott Rosenbaum's
      choices.
      Last edited by Glove; 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM. Reason: Added Note.

Comment

Final...

numbers look like this:

- 4.981 million viewers
        - 3.0/5 HH
        - 1.7/5 A18-49

In a non-demo note, "V's" overall viewership managed to hold above its low from last season. Following a "Lost" rerun last spring, it had 4.867m in the final ratings, whereas this week's ended up at 4.981 million. In another non-important measurement, its household rating inched up a tenth from last week, to 3.0. Last week's 2.9 remains its low on that front.

Over the course of the last seven episodes, it's averaged a 1.7-1.9 in the demo. Clearly not great, but it's not like it's suffered a large rate of decline, either.

Comment

I think most people know that this season is the last one, so they just quit watching it.

Comment

The show does have a global audience though...

Comment

I think the fans and ABC gave up on V. As much as it saddens me V is dead.

Comment

awww, this sux. it was such a good ep too. i don't want this show being cancelled.

humbug.

Comment

There is talk of a third season with the peeps at ABC. No real confirmation until May. So we just gotta wait and see. I am gonna guess they will bring it back for a short season, like a mini series, and bring it to an end. Which would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by rictor
                    There is talk of a third season with the peeps at ABC. No real confirmation until May. So we just gotta wait and see. I am gonna guess they will bring it back for a short season, like a mini series, and bring it to an end. Which would be cool.

Hi Rictor. That's kind of good news. May I ask where you heard that there are talks with ABC for season 3. I heard the new head of programming at ABC does not like the show and with 20 new pilots ordered, the new guy wants to show Disney what he can do with the schedule. V was from the old head of program's and he long gone.

Too bad the Scifi channel don't pick ity up as it runs in the UK on Scifi. But I don't they would have a budget to keep the quallity the same. Scifi effects are cheap in most cases where V's are top notch.

Comment

@rictor : Really ? ABC peeps are talking about a third season ? Is it a rumor or is it happening ?

Comment

There is talk of a third season with the peeps at ABC
                        Who are these 'peeps'!?

Comment

Originally posted by rictor
                          If that's true, I think that would be really smart. I'm sure Warner Bros. would love to have a complete series that they can sell on DVD. Nobody wants to spend money on DVDs on a TV show that doesn't have an ending. Or, at least, I don't

If we could get 6 episodes with a great Erica vs. Anna showdown and conclusion to the story, I'd be perfectly happy with that.

It benefits Warner Bros. to fight to keep production going, but I would totally understand if ABC nixes it.
                          Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-10-2011, 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes...

so many shows end with no conclusion. I don't know why ABC would make a special case with "V," but maybe there was some sort of deal that they're not talking about. I'd also be happy with a short-order wrap-up of some sort, if things are left dangling.

In other news, "Off the Map" scored a 1.4 in the demo in the overnight ratings. And that "Mr. Sunshine" comedy scored a 1.8. So, as usual, "V" is not ABC's only problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                              so many shows end with no conclusion. I don't know why ABC would make a special case with "V," but maybe there was some sort of deal that they're not talking about. I'd also be happy with a short-order wrap-up of some sort, if things are left dangling.

In other news, "Off the Map" scored a 1.4 in the demo in the overnight ratings. And that "Mr. Sunshine" comedy scored a 1.8. So, as usual, "V" is not ABC's only problem.
                              ABC brought that show about the rich family the Darlings back, called Money Sex something, and they did that to bring it to a proper end, I think as of now as fans of V we should focus on a third season with the caveat that if not then at least give use closure with a mini-series finale give V the grace of a good bow out

Comment

I would be surprised if they were going to bring this show back for a proper ending. NBC didn't even do it with Heroes although it was their own product.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎