X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings ForLast Night's Episode

Not the best news- from the Media Week forum:

Viewers: 4.94 million
    A18-49: 1.7/ 5

That ties its lowest demo rating to date, and the overall viewer numbers (which probably will bump up slightly in final numbers0 look to be slightly ahead of its lowest to date (from last season).

At 10 p.m. Detroit 187 had a 1.1 in the demo (5.1 million total).

Well I guess you can finally stick the fork in it. I don't understand why ratings would have gone down this week. Last week there was idol competition but this week? I was hoping for a little bit more. I would love a third season to sort of tie up loose ends.

Comment

That, or something to bring closure.

As usual, it did have a weak lead-in. But, it still had a new Biggest Loser as competition. And FOX's "Raising Hope" outrates it at 9 p.m.

I'm just going to enjoy the finale and not expect it to be back.

Comment

I am not giving up hope on V!

V is still the number one ABC show on the 18-49 rating and very far from Detroit 1-8-7 and NOF (repeat). Other thing, the drop is not so terrible, if V was around 4,5 million viewers with a 1.3 rating on demos that would be awful. It is not the case but I think that ABC didn't do enough promo for V this week.

Comment

ABC would have to be extremely desperate to renew a show that can't hit a 2.0 in the demo. A 1.7 is definitely cancellation worthy, especially against a NCIS:LA repeat.

Comment

I hate to say it, but a 1.7 is terrible news. They could've probably made a case with a steady 1.9, but dipping during the episode before the finale like that? Not good.

Hopefully, the finale will do really well.

Comment

Any show against any airing of a NCIS show IS going to loose.Those who watch It don't budge from it.The crooked Nielson system IS always going to favor CBS shows.
              Any hour long ABC show not Desperate Housewives,Grey's antomey,Castle or reality has trouble.I remain convinced V has 50/50 shot of a 10-12 episode third season.

Comment

I do have to wonder if people gave up the show after 2x08 and what has been going on with Erica because quite, honestly, if I wasn't such a huge fan, I would have dropped because I don't like her right now.

When I don't like any of the characters on a TV show, I usually drop it, so it makes me wonder if that's what happened last night.

Comment

Well No Ordinary Family was a rerun and doesn't get very good ratings anyway. Maybe the people who watch that figured V was a rerun as well. Dunno, but I hope the finale gets a 2.0 then maybe we have a chance. I feel it's pretty much toast though. UNLESS ABC could use a half season show. If V could get a decent lead in it might be alright for 10 more episodes. I just want closure. Give it a finale 3rd season and announce it as it's final.

Comment

ABC has ordered over 20 new pilots. They are in no need to keep this show around. That's for sure.

Comment

@shadow but they are not all dramas! Maybe short seasons for scifi genre is the best way to keep the genre alive. As Syfy doesn't want to do science-fiction again, I don't know who would pick up V.

Comment

If anything, I am sure ABC will make a final 2 hour movie event for next year and call it V: the Final Battle or something. There is a global audience for this and I am hopeful they will do the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                          @shadow but they are not all dramas! Maybe short seasons for scifi genre is the best way to keep the genre alive. As Syfy doesn't want to do science-fiction again, I don't know who would pick up V.
                          No, they are not all dramas but more than half are.

Comment

ABC does not promote this show well at all. You guys have probably seen promos all over for 'Battle Los Angeles'. I dont remember seeing V promos on other channels nevermind the internet. I am on the internet a lot at work and I don't remember seeing V promos anywhere.

The show has a chance to come back if ABC looks at overall viewership. Both live and DVR. More people are “time-shifting” their television viewing, and the industry is still struggling to properly measure the viewers of a television show (and its commercials, which pay the bills). I don't know what could explain the dip in viewers but its drastic. In order to keep a show ABC would have liked to see at least a 6 million mark, but like I said, promos were very poorly done.

The best I can see and I hope i'm wrong, is a 2 hour movie to close it as someone mentioned earlier.
                            Last edited by John May; 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

ABC again ran a rerun of No Ordinary Family which pulled V's ratings down several weeks ago. They are not giving the show a chance. Seems like the new ABC program head has already pulled the plug on it. Very little promotion on air and the ABC web site. A show that has a rerun as a lead in will not get the ratings it should have gotten. A shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎