No announcement yet.

Tess in "Scion"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, she is all good now... cause she has CLARK KENT in life
    And why isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't the show be spending some time showing Clark making a difference in peoples lives? Showing how his influence can turn someone who was on a very dark path, like Tess, onto a much better, more positive path?

Personally, I LOVE the fact that the show actually has a character who credits Clark for helping her, and turning her life around. I think its such a shame that this sort of thing is the exception, and not the norm. JMO, YMMV

Oh, so why did she show up at his house Twice unannounced and let herself in? The first time was with Connor... but then why did she come again? Was it just so Connor could over hear them?
    She came over the first time to tell Clark about Conner, and to get Clark to step in as a mentor. She showed up the second time to see how it was going, and warn Clark that Lionel knew that Conner was at the farm.

And WHY can't she take care of Connor? He's not a pet that you just drop off at someone's house... and she has doctors experimenting on him constantly Okay.
    No, he's not a pet. He's a teenager with superpowers. Would it have been the responsible thing for Tess to try to handle the situation herself? I don't think so. Facing that situation, I think she explained pretty well why she thought Clark was more suited for the job. And of course she had doctors experimenting on him. They were trying to determine what he was. While Conner seems annoyed by it, he never suggests that he was harmed, or made physically uncomfortable.

I really get tired of her of Hero worship and Love of Clark... it annoys me to no end!!!
    And I think its nice to see characters on this show who do look up to Clark as a hero. As for her having love for Clark, so what? He's Superman, or he's going to be. IMO, he should impact people so profoundly that some will fall a little in love with him. As long as she shows Clark respect, I don't see the problem.

I really like that the show has allowed us at least one character who has been so profoundly affected by Clark that they turned their lives around due to his influence. To me, thats an affirmation of what, and who, Clark is. What he should represent. I appreciate that Tess is a character that takes the platitudes the show likes to spout, and makes them a reality. JMO
    Last edited by BadToad; 03-05-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I liked her last scene with Lionel.

I had some issue with her basically dropping Connor off, dropping the bombshell on Clark about Connor's genetic makeup and then being like "Toodles"!

She at least did check up on things, I'll give her that. I was amused at Clark's doorbell line lol.

But, and while I liked the LoTess scene because I like ED and CF's chemistry, I wasn't fond of what Tess did there. She was basically asking Lois to persuade Clark to sacrifice himself for Connor, even knowing that Lionel knew what could hurt Clark.

I just was not a fan of the fact that she was basically using Lois, like she felt if Lois asked he'd do it (since, per Lois, Tess had already asked and was shot down).

I mean, I get it, I just didn't really like it.
      Last edited by kelly1142; 03-05-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I really REALLY love Tess these days! She's definitely one of my favorites and I think she's Smallville's best original character!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by hellokitty
        Plus her last scene with Lionel was ROCKIN'! She may be a Luthor deep down, but she's a different kind of Luthor. Loved her in Scion!
        This. Right here. She's got the sharp, scheming mind of a Luthor for sure and that will probably never go away, but she's learning how to use that for the greater good and I love her for it!
        Last edited by Terrific_T; 03-05-2011, 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Terrific_T
          I really REALLY love Tess these days! She's definitely one of my favorites and I think she's Smallville's best original character!
          Normally I would agree. However, right now I have to say that SV's best original character is the dude in my avatar.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kelly1142
          She at least did check up on things, I'll give her that. I was amused at Clark's doorbell line lol.
          Oh me too. I know the show has a tendency to retcon stuff, but don't tell me 10 years that later the Kent farm has a door bell.
          Last edited by costas22; 03-06-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Terrific_T
            I wholeheartedly agree! (Well... Tess and Chloe are the best original characters IMO. Though I would likely rank Tess above Chloe simply because I'm in love with her )

Comment

I didn't like it. Outside of taking down Lionel there was nothing in their scenes, I haven't heard from her many times before, imo. Honestly I've gone from loving to becoming incredibly tired of her this season.

Outside of Tess turning her life around in part because of Clark, to me she's sadly become another character that seems to have lasted past her time. I'm starting to really wish her redemption storyline had been a way to write her out during the first half. Because it's becoming increasingly clear to me that the show is struggling to find ways to make to her revelant in the main storylines and in general. Infact I truly feel that the whole "Tess is a Luthor" storyline was done for that sole purpose. So she had something to do and could be more involved in that storyline. The redemption storyline can only go on for so long unless they plan on having her wander around doing good deeds every episodes and giving a speech about Clark's goodness.

That Tess and Lois scene was really badly done and confusing, imo. I didn't understand what the hell they were both going on about. Did Tess wants Clark to kill him? Send him to the PZ, maybe? And he should do it because that's not who she is anymore? Huh. And what was with Lois' complicated answer? When "Clark doesn't kill people" would have been enough.

I was clearly done to set up Tess' moment with Lionel at the end. But seriously, why should I care (with only a few episodes of the series left) about Tess one-upping some AU version of Lionel? Big moment for her sure, but how are these storylines that have come from Tess being a Luthor any more important to Clark's journey or to anyone but her own character then the many other storylines this season that little to do with Clark's journey (especially in this second half). Making her relevant by having her interact with some AU character was a bad choice, imo. Because I honestly don't care about the characters from that darker world and have no history with these actual characters when there's so many stories left to tell in this one.

That's the biggest problem with Tess' storylines that have come from revealing her to be a Luthor. None of them really moves Clark storyline forward or as much to do with him as a character (or any character in general outside of her own), imo. So unless I'm a Tess fan who's journey and background is something I'm extemely interested in, there doesn't seem to be any reason enjoy these scenes. I mean, half an episode devoted to giving us a glimpse into her childhood (when only the last scene was necessary to the storyline) and Clark there as a supporting character who only showed up when it was time to save her and reassure her that she's apart his team now. And in Luthor, having Clark written badly in the beginning make that scene between them at the end work. Where they put him in a situation where he's now the one in the wrong not her, so he would have a reason to reach out her instead of getting to angry at her for lying to him. Her stuff with Lionel and Conner in Beacon was once again more her character. Yeah she gave a speech about about how Clark's the good guy. But this is the exact same thing she's said a million times already, and to Alexander himself in past episodes. So hearing it one more time didn't make any of that more about Clark then it really was, imo. It just feel like they are giving her the same material in almost every episode that deal with being a Luthor. And right now outisde of Clark's influence on her helping her turn her life around, that seems to be the only plotline that ties her to any of the stuff going on this season. And right now the only thing those scene work to do is remind me for the hundreth time that Lionel is an awful father in any universe, Tess as a tragic life, and Tess wants to save Alexander/Conner from becoming a Luthor.

So yeah, didn't care for her in this episode or any recent ones. The redemption/Clark influence on her helping her turn her life around stroryline was so far the only one I've really loved. Mainly because moved her storyline forward as well as added something to the show and to Clark's story. The Alexander storyline was good back in Harvest too.
              Last edited by SVGirl_203; 03-06-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

I have grown to love Tess. She is probably the most "real" character on the show...

Comment

Originally posted by AdityaK96
                  I have grown to love Tess. She is probably the most "real" character on the show...
                  IA! In a (really) bizarre way, she's the only character I can kinda identify with

Originally posted by VilleFan
                  I wholeheartedly agree! (Well... Tess and Chloe are the best original characters IMO. Though I would likely rank Tess above Chloe simply because I'm in love with her )
                  Ditto

Comment

It makes sense for Clark and Tess to look after Conner than Clark and Lois because Lois has no connection to Conner other than their controversial scenes. I like the possibility of Clark and Tess being explored as potential parents even if Clark and Tess are not a couple.

Comment

Something else. I was thinking about Lionel's last line towards Tess about trying to impress Clark. In a way, it was another callback by Al and Turi. There were times in Season 5 where RW Lionel would pretty much tell Lex the same thing when he was pursuing Lana. And in Season 6 the roles got reversed and Lex accused Lionel of doing the same with Martha. Point is, was this just an attempt by Lionel to unsettle Tess? Or was he right and the writers may be thinking about Tess embracing her inner Luthor again?

Comment

Tess is awesome, I love how they've developed her character and shes so beautiful aswell. My favourite girl in Smallville (well that I'd want to "date" )

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
                          It makes sense for Clark and Tess to look after Conner than Clark and Lois because Lois has no connection to Conner other than their controversial scenes. I like the possibility of Clark and Tess being explored as potential parents even if Clark and Tess are not a couple.
                          Yes, she may be more connected to Connor but she's not, and never as been, the most stable person on this show. And that hasn't really changed much, imo. She may have tried to save him, and no doubt cares for him a lot, but she was also the one who threw away a cure that could help him, and left him for dead in Harvest. Instead of continuing to fight for him. And then there was Beacon, where after convincing him that he could trust them, tried to actually kill him herself. The only reason he isn't dead right now, is because of his superpowers, which she wasn't aware of when she did that. I'm not exactly sure that she's proved to be the kind of person Connor needs in his life right now or someone he should even be able to trust in, atleast until she stops flip flopping between wanting to kill him and wanting to save him. That lovely relationship between Tess and Alexander was over once that last scene in Harvest happened, imo. Personally, I wish they hadn't done this "playing parents" storyline with anyone though. I don't think this storyline made sense for any of them (Clark, Lois, or Tess) at this point in time.
                          Last edited by SVGirl_203; 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Tess still looks after Conner through his Lex DNA.

Since Conner has Clark and Lex's DNA and Tess is Lex's half-sister, that makes her family with Clark. If Clark and Lois do get married in the finale, then the family would be Clark, Lois, Lex, Conner, Tess, Chloe, and Oliver.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎