No announcement yet.

Clark still can't fight?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raredesign
    I totally agree. This episode upset me so much, I just now registered on this site to rant!

First, let's consider that he contains only HALF the genetic footprint as Clark. First off, in genetics this would not necessarily equate to a certain 50/50, but let's assume that it worked out that way.
    Our "super-boy" lol, would have only had "half" the solar absorption rate and release of energy. While still "super", it would have paled in comparison to a true Kryptonian.

Now, given the factor of age and body maturity, he would have been even less than full potential of 50%.

When Connor took off in the barn, Clark waited "how long"??? and still stood there in front of him by the time Connor got down the stairs?

The "fight" between Clark and Connor was totally ridiculous.

It should have gone something like this:

Connor punches Clark in the face obviously in superspeed, Clark widens his stance to brace himself from the impact, causing the ground to break and a lot of camera shaking.
    Connor follows up with a left hook, which Clark grabs and redirects, tossing Connor sideways into a wall. (crashing, blah blah).
    Connor charges at Clark full speed only to have Clark stop him dead in his tracks with a power-blast explosion (immovable object meets an unstoppable force)...
    Clark then picks Connor up off the ground, and smashes the ring against the wall.

They could have done so much with it, but instead, the hero we have watched grow up through this series was completely battered by a character I don't give one hoot about.
    If they don't want to put the effort into it, heck I'll do the work in After Effects for free!

They should not let Clark/Superman haters write or direct episodes. This is what you get!

Just because it is the last season should not give them license to put less effort into episodes and watch the rankings go down. What a poor way to go out.

My grandfather used to watch this series with us, and has recently lost complete interest.

I am saddened.
    I agree, I'm disillusioned with the show as well. That fight between Clark and Connor was stupid. Block the punches and show Connor who the boss is, because at this point in the show and in Clark's life it's him. After all he is only Superman. There are so many things about this show that I love, but there are also so many moments that are hard to deal with as a fan. Here's to hoping the series ends well.

Comment

I totally agree. This episode upset me so much, I just now registered on this site to rant!

First, let's consider that he contains only HALF the genetic footprint as Clark. First off, in genetics this would not necessarily equate to a certain 50/50, but let's assume that it worked out that way.
      Our "super-boy" lol, would have only had "half" the solar absorption rate and release of energy. While still "super", it would have paled in comparison to a true Kryptonian.

Now, given the factor of age and body maturity, he would have been even less than full potential of 50%.

When Connor took off in the barn, Clark waited "how long"??? and still stood there in front of him by the time Connor got down the stairs?

Connor punches Clark in the face obviously in superspeed, Clark widens his stance to brace himself from the impact, causing the ground to break and a lot of camera shaking.
      Connor follows up with a left hook, which Clark grabs and redirects, tossing Connor sideways into a wall. (crashing, blah blah).
      Connor charges at Clark full speed only to have Clark stop him dead in his tracks with a power-blast explosion (immovable object meets an unstoppable force)...
      Clark then picks Connor up off the ground, and smashes the ring against the wall.

They could have done so much with it, but instead, the hero we have watched grow up through this series was completely battered by a character I don't give one hoot about.
      If they don't want to put the effort into it, heck I'll do the work in After Effects for free!

They should not let Clark/Superman haters write or direct episodes. This is what you get!

Just because it is the last season should not give them license to put less effort into episodes and watch the rankings go down. What a poor way to go out.

My grandfather used to watch this series with us, and has recently lost complete interest.

I am saddened.
      genius choreography!

anywayz- Entity FX does the best FX that exist in media since the Matrix was done a decade ago- I think DC and Wb aren't giving SV the money to pull off the effects
      (and trust me when i say i dislike this, as you will never find a bigger superspeed/effects person than me, ever)

but that'd work quite well as directing! We need to put you in charge !

Lol, you're right about that suprspeed barn incident- connor left a quarter second faster if not 3/4ths f a sec- in that time, right about now Clark can circle the planet a couple dozen times at his current speed - Connor's at Clark's season 1-2ish level Maybe,as far as he's tried. Clark should have a similar strength advantage- and when he "makes himself unmoveable"- he isn't gettin moved then. UNfortuantely, he gets thrown through a wall.

Comment

I am saddened.
        100% agree with everything you said except the "immovable object meets an unstoppable force" part

Connor is not immovable or unstoppable, and neither is clark (or superman for that matter)

But anyway, i agree with you, that would have been an awsome fight, hell i would have settled for just a good old fist fight with no special effects but they can't even do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerr
          100% agree with everything you said except the "immovable object meets an unstoppable force" part

Connor is not immovable or unstoppable, and neither is clark (or superman for that matter)
          You are right. I guess I went overboard while trying to get my point across.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
            I just don't get after 10 yrs of going up against baddies, other Kryptonians, Zoners and all and always get thrown all over the place. Even superboy kicked his butt. Why?? He still acts like a him. Just cause you can't be hurt easily isn't a go ahead to sling you around. Sheesh.
            Superman is this way in many interpretations. He knows how much he can take, and doesn't like to hurt his opponent even though they may deserve it. In this case, he would rather talk conner down, than physically hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerr

But anyway, i agree with you, that would have been an awsome fight, hell i would have settled for just a good old fist fight with no special effects but they can't even do that.
              Actually he's right to a certain extent- it's how Clark can brace himself against gigantic forces and not move. Like how Hulk couldn't move him.

Or Starfire when she blasted him. Or all the busses that crash into him. Or Guy Gardner when he really tried. Or Juggernaut in his fight. Or the times Batman's "fought" him and tried to blow him away. Or when he's fougt gigantic monsters far stronger than Connor

or when he's- nah, I'll stop here. :P

Sure , when he's all over the place he can be whacked- but if he's serious and trying to- connor wouldn't move him at all.

So yes, his post was a bit more accurate ...
              Last edited by tippership commander; 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tippership commander
                Actually he's right to a certain extent- it's how Clark can brace himself against gigantic forces and not move. Like how Hulk couldn't move him.

Or Starfire when she blasted him. Or all the busses that crash into him. Or Guy Gardner when he really tried. Or Juggernaut in his fight. Or the times Batman's "fought" him and tried to blow him away. Or when he's fougt gigantic monsters far stronger than Connor

or when he's- nah, I'll stop here. :P

Sure , when he's all over the place he can be whacked- but if he's serious and trying to- connor wouldn't move him at all.

So yes, his post was a bit more accurate ...
                he says "No power on earth" meaning he knows himself that he can be moved, i mean simple magic could move him lol.

Comment

Clark wasn't battered, all Conner managed to do was throw him around. Clark wasn't even phased. Was Clark bleeding at all? Was he ever stagger to get up? Did Conner punch him into the stratosphere?

No, no and no.

Look, I understand wanting to see Clark be badass. I want Clark to beat Darkseid down in the finale. I desperately want a superfight. But not the silly examples I've been seeing in this thread.

Because Clark, our Clark, is NOT a showoff. And I have to admit I am tired of people embellishing how bad Clark got "owned" by Conner. People act like Conner needed to get put down hard. They are arguing that Clark should have showed off and knocked Conner on his ass, shown him who is boss and how it's all done. But I think that stinks of arrogance and is not who Clark is.

This fight wasn't even a fight. It reminded me of a tantruming child blowing off steam on a parent.

For example, my nephew is a sweet 6 year old kid, 95% of the time he's one of the most well behaved kids ever. I love him so much that I would die to protect him, I really would. But he's a kid, dealing with childlike emotions. Sometimes he gets riles up and upset and doesn't even known why. When he gets mad or cranky does he act out? Yes. I once had to put him in a timeout for hitting his sister. He was so mad at me that he kept kicking me and I took it. Because I am a man, I am a grownup. I can take it.

Going by people's logic here I should have hit him back? Showing off my superior strength and fighting ability against a child? That's ridiculous. I could seriously hurt him. Because he is a child. And what kind of person would that make me? How petty would I have to be to need to beat on a child to make myself feel/look better? It's the same in this case. Could Clark have beaten Conner's butt down? Yes, obviously, we all know he can. He could have killed Conner if he wanted to. But should he? Is that what makes a man a Superman?

I don't think so.
                  Last edited by MrZeppo; 03-30-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                    Clark wasn't battered, all Conner managed to do was throw him around. Clark wasn't even phased. Was Clark bleeding at all? Was he ever stagger to get up? Did Conner punch him into the stratosphere?

No, no and no.

Look, I understand wanting to see Clark be badass. I want Clark to beat Darkseid down in the finale. I desperately want a superfight. But not the silly examples I've been seeing in this thread.

Because Clark, our Clark, is NOT a showoff. And I have to admit I am tired of people embellishing how bad Clark got "owned" by Conner. People act like Conner needed to get put down hard. They are arguing that Clark should have showed off and knocked Conner on his ass, shown him who is boss and how it's all done. But I think that stinks of arrogance and is not who Clark is.

This fight wasn't even a fight. It reminded me of a tantruming child blowing off steam on a parent.

For example, my nephew is a sweet 6 year old kid, 95% of the time he's one of the most well behaved kids ever. I love him so much that I would die to protect him, I really would. But he's a kid, dealing with childlike emotions. Sometimes he gets riles up and upset and doesn't even known why. When he gets mad or cranky does he act out? Yes. I once had to put him in a timeout for hitting his sister. He was so mad at me that he kept kicking me and I took it. Because I am a man, I am a grownup. I can take it.

Going by people's logic here I should have hit him back? Showing off my superior strength and fighting ability against a child? That's ridiculous. I could seriously hurt him. Because he is a child. And what kind of person would that make me? How petty would I have to be to need to beat on a child to make myself feel/look better? It's the same in this case. Could Clark have beaten Conner's butt down? Yes, obviously, we all know he can. He could have killed Conner if he wanted to. But should he? Is that what makes a man a Superman?

I don't think so.
                    Maybe Connor mad at Clark how he treated Tess last year J/K. you got a point. I was hoping he would jack Slade up but he puts him in the phantom zone instead.

Comment

mod edit
                      Last edited by Novak Fan; 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM. Reason: Rude much? read the rules please

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎