Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark still can't fight?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kryptoniandavid Yep. Hence the last line : ) And yes, Clark was holding back, cause he didn't want to hurt Conner
    That was taken from Al Septiens ( The Director) Twitter, I personally think this was an awesome fight! But jus so u all have some clarification

Comment

Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
      That was taken from Al Septiens ( The Director) Twitter, I personally think this was an awesome fight! But jus so u all have some clarification
      Most people's problem with the fight is not that Clark held back but that Clark let himself get thrown around like a ragdoll. We just want him to be able to show how superior he is because of all the experience he has.

Why couldn't he just dodge all of his attacks and then destroy the ring? Instead they have him being beaten up.

That is like letting my little brother rough me up before i stop him. Holding back is when you dont kick his ass but stop him from doing you any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by thereason
        i thought it was pretty obvious he held back cuz he didnt want to hurt Connor, look how easily he overpowered him was he realized he wasnt gonna listen

And he shown he can fight
        I agree. He wasn't fighting Connor at first he was just letting the kid swing. Getting thrown around didn't seem to bother Clark at all... kinda reminds me of those kids fighting with the adult where the adult keeps taking hits to the chest and it's just eye rolls not damage.

Comment

Originally posted by xaosthry
          Im sure he was holding back like he usually does. I hope they do what JL Unlimited did with the fight scene with Darkseid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA
          thats my favorite scene from that entire scene (second being flash doing his speed force punches to brainthor), and im really hoping that like we get a solid ten minute fight or more of darkseid in form vs Superman, not blur, but pure Superman

Comment

It's reminiscent of the fight between Clark and Bugboy in the 1st season's second episode.
            Clark wasn't trying to hurt Conner, but rather free him from the Red K ring.

Comment

Clark was holding back when fighting Conner but also Clark has never really learned how to fight, he has his powers to rely on especially in this series, he has gone up against some powerful enemies but most of the fights were fought with brute strength not skill or style. Clark doesn't really learn to fight until he meets and becomes friends with Batman.

Comment

very obvious he was holding back. just baiting connor to slip up and when he lowered his defense grabbed him, shoved him and smashed ring with ease

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                  Most people's problem with the fight is not that Clark held back but that Clark let himself get thrown around like a ragdoll. We just want him to be able to show how superior he is because of all the experience he has.

Why couldn't he just dodge all of his attacks and then destroy the ring? Instead they have him being beaten up.

That is like letting my little brother rough me up before i stop him. Holding back is when you dont kick his ass but stop him from doing you any harm.
                  Dodging the attacks would take more effort. People are speaking as though Conner hurt him.

Comment

Clark moves at the Speed of FRIGGIN light- already out-body checked Connor the first time Connor tried to match speed- and proved he is the stronger of the two when he's serious

minus the fact they watered down Clark's green k resistance AGAIN (seriously, knock it off and let him do more than wail around, he's already resisted it better) , Indeed, Clark is so powerful- connor doesn't stand a chacne in .... yea, in a direct fight against Clark

NEither does Kara, , etc(I could go on)

I leave thm with this- the episode was set up for plot, yea- but remember we want to be reminded that he IS superman, that he is the toughest. Sure, his goodwill is what wins in the end- but don't completely ignore that he's been getting beat up for 10 seasons, and yet has had his pwoers grow so much that he should be able to handle baddies.

He's been beat up by phantom zoners, Superlana(the first, not the real super lana)Lex with powers- comon.

For his record, he did take down Brainiac, and Bizarro somewhat- but Superman is not someone who ...

it shouldnt be so bad that if you or i or my grandmother gets powers, we could beat him up.

So, if nothing else, remind us that he IS SUPERMAN, not super-punching bag.

oh, and GIVE HIM MORE RESISTANCE TO GREEN K instead of having him do well, then later on suddenly roll around on the ground after resisting bigger chunks in the past.
                    Remember, currently he can STILL use his powers while near Green K- he's just in pain(green k does NOT take away powers)

Comment

Yeah, I think the fight should have been handled better. I do agree it was simply Clark holding back and not wanting to hurt Conner but it was a bit undignified for Clark to let himself be tossed around like that.

It would have been very cool if Clark was shown dodging his punches or catching them in his hand and saying, "You may have Kryptonian abilities, Conner, but being only half Kryptonian means you're a lot less powerful than me."

That might have even taken a bit of the fight out of Conner as well with him realizing he really can't beat Clark.

Comment

Imo this was a episode we didn't need to see Clark beat the "bad" guy up. "Masquerade" for example was a different story with Desaad around.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                          I wanted Clark to catch his fist. While I agree that Clark wasn't going to hurt Connor, I feel that he should be able to stay on his feet when dealing with someone who doesn't have all of his strength when he knows a hit is coming. Connor was talking like he was superior and I wanted Clark to show him that he wasn't by blocking his moves. It would still have achieved the same thing, would have even made Connor angrier, and Clark could have still smashed the ring. I realize that Connor didn't hurt him, but at this point in his life Clark ought to be able to brace himself and stay on his feet. I'm imagining him dressed in the superman costume getting tossed around like that and it's not a very inspiring image.
                          This is what I was getting at the whole time. Everyone keeps saying he didn't want to hurt him. Well Duh.. But seeing he's supposed to be Superman in 5 episodes he should be able to show tatic.I wanted Clark to show him he wasn't superior too. Especially since he was just a boy. Anyone could have seen that back hand coming from Conner yet he just stood there.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by borednow
                          I agree. He wasn't fighting Connor at first he was just letting the kid swing. Getting thrown around didn't seem to bother Clark at all... kinda reminds me of those kids fighting with the adult where the adult keeps taking hits to the chest and it's just eye rolls not damage.
                          The problem I have with the fight scene is no I did NOT want him to fight Conner. I wanted him to show agility and Conner would be surprised that he can't even get in a punch. THAT to me would have been awesome. We are used to Clark getting beat on by freaks and zoners and eventually wins. But at the point in the 10th season and nearly Superman, I wanted to see some cool moves from him and not just let Conner smash him until he was ready to end it. That to me would have been better. That is all Im saying. So my he can't fight stands because that includes defense strategy to me.
                          Last edited by pjack; 03-05-2011, 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If I remember right Clark remembers what he did when under the red kryptonite and so does Conner. So it made sense for Clark to let Conner hit him a few times since it would not hurt him. Then as he did stop Conner smash the ring so Conner converts back to his old self. That way Conner can see how much red kryptonite controls him and how Lionel is evil and tricked him.

Now if Clark had dodged the punches or defeated Connor intantly Connor never would have learned that lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
                              Doesn't matter. I don't like how he was portrayed. Has nothing to do holding back to me. You can hold back but not have to allow being hit too.

Comment

Clark was letting Conner work out the anger in the hopes of talking him down. When he needed to take control of the situation physically, he did so and Conner was unable to even begin to resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎