No announcement yet.

Clark still can't fight?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjack
    I get that too, but that doesn't mean he has to let him beat on him.

I think I get your point, he was obviously holding back but why does the director have to film those scenes where he looks like the punching bag of a teenager? why not make him dodge or something? that'd have been so amazing

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonStones
      He probably didn't want to damage Connor too much, and his only goal was getting that Red K ring. He knew the guy was drugged and possibly only concerned himself with helping the kid instead of going all out. To me, the S6 episode 'Combat' proved that he's a very capable fighter when he needs to be.
      don't forget the barn fight scene in savior

Comment

the writers seemed to totally forget about flight, jorel, the suit and the fortress!

Comment

Clark almost always holds back because he tries to only use violence when other options have been exhausted, although he's still not afraid to grab Lionel and get in his face. There are, of course, shining examples of him not holding back, like Combat, Savior, and Salvation.

Comment

Don't know why people are saying he was holding back, i didn't know the definition of holding back is letting yourself get beat up.

He could have easily dodged or just stopped him with pure strength

Comment

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
              the writers seemed to totally forget about flight, jorel, the suit and the fortress!
              what does this have to do with his fighting ability?

Comment

i thought it was pretty obvious he held back cuz he didnt want to hurt Connor, look how easily he overpowered him was he realized he wasnt gonna listen

And he shown he can fight

Comment

Superman is used to holding back at first.His enemies then get over confident and uppity,and finally he defeats them with a few punches.Its the Mohammed Ali rope-a-dope style,tire out and psyche your adversary then come in for the KO!

Comment

DUDE! THAT FIGHT WAS EPIC! It was like Combat, But Clark wasnt going full force, he was trying to save him, but gripped him up i loved it! It was an awesome fight! So grand scale to with the destroyed luthor mansion! That fight was awesome!

Comment

clark can fight, i said this in the countdown thread earlier. The reason clark probably wasnt full on attacking conner is cause he didnt want to hurt him. Plus he was being more defensive since he know conner was on red k and just wanted to stop him with noone getting hurt. This wasnt meant to be clark cant fight.

Comment

I wanted Clark to catch his fist. While I agree that Clark wasn't going to hurt Connor, I feel that he should be able to stay on his feet when dealing with someone who doesn't have all of his strength when he knows a hit is coming. Connor was talking like he was superior and I wanted Clark to show him that he wasn't by blocking his moves. It would still have achieved the same thing, would have even made Connor angrier, and Clark could have still smashed the ring. I realize that Connor didn't hurt him, but at this point in his life Clark ought to be able to brace himself and stay on his feet. I'm imagining him dressed in the superman costume getting tossed around like that and it's not a very inspiring image.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Lex part of Conner was using his smartness to outsmart Clark.

Comment

that too as tess said he was retaining alot of knowledge at a fast pace.

Comment

Originally posted by xaosthry
                              Um...the scene with Zod was a great example of he can fight. that was epic
                              as a human yes the only proper superpower fight was Combat and even that wasn't up to scratch when DARKSEID comes up for a fight i want to see clark actually do some moves as in punch him upwards leap up smash him back down then pummel him into oblivion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerr
                                Don't know why people are saying he was holding back, i didn't know the definition of holding back is letting yourself get beat up.

He could have easily dodged or just stopped him with pure strength
                                I agree. I think they should have made him dodge the punches or speed away from them. They could have done it in a way so that he didn't have to look weak against Connor.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎