Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Scion"

Talk about the episode's special effects here!

well from the promos we should get some good super power effects tonight between clark and alexander/conner.

Comment

I'm actually REALLY REALLY impressed by the Darkseid special effects. That was amazing considering they're on a crappy TV budget.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Darkseid looked a bit better this time. And the scuffle between Clark and Conner was pretty cool.

Comment

great use of sfx tonight.

Comment

The worse part was the Ruins of the Luthor Mansion. It All looked CGI!
            The fight was good though.

Comment

I liked all of the super speeding in the fight, the multiple uses of heat vision, and Darkseid at the end looked great. Like a way sharper version of what we got a glimpse of in "Lazarus". And plus...his eyes were red

Comment

i didnt think that, only the background shots to the outside where, the rest was probably the phsyical set of luthor mansion.

Comment

At one point I thought "why'd you waste your money on effects to have Clark thrown around the Luthor mansion by a superboy so many times?"

They were great effects though. Darkseid scared the bejeesus out of me. And I watched Paranormal Activity alone, in the dark. That was some creepy good effects there.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DerekJustDerek
                  The worse part was the Ruins of the Luthor Mansion. It All looked CGI!
                  The fight was good though.
                  I actually loved the "Gone With the Wind" look...especially the golden sky and burned out trees with the crows!
                  Last edited by hellokitty; 03-04-2011, 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well kitty they do have set budget per episode. so i thought they used their budget very well tonight. really so far this season only episode that didnt have the hottest looking sfx was supergirl.

Comment

So agree superspider!

No, their effects were great tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarro345
                        I liked all of the super speeding in the fight, the multiple uses of heat vision, and Darkseid at the end looked great. Like a way sharper version of what we got a glimpse of in "Lazarus". And plus...his eyes were red
                        What the man said. Effects were top notch here!

Comment

ya even on their limited budget most of the time they have done some very good stuff with the sfx. It does suck they dont have the budget they used too have but they do use their budget well.

Comment

Effects were great tonight, a lot of heat vision and superspeeding. The only thing that bothered me is that Conner had cooler superspeed sound effects

Comment

FINALLY we get the old superspeed slow-mo they've watered down, that was almost but not even in ths season

props to the heatvision effects, the kryptonite effects, and the Superfight- THAT was what i call a decent episode of effects

-your local SUPERSPEED ADDICT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎