Television Ratings for "Scion"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason Fortune had that ratings increase of 2.55 was because it was Chloe's final episode along with seeing Clark and Chloe for the last time. I don't think Scion got a lot of promotion here with 2.24. Luckily it's not the lowest-rated episode that Masquerade is.

Comment

Marc Berman has "Scion" at 2.34mil.

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 2.34 million; A18-49: #3, 1.0/ 3) and Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 2.22 million; A18-49: #4, 1.0/ 3).
      http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/589108653

Although, he does have them as showing repeats, so he could be wrong on the ratings. :/

Comment

I wonder if the numbers went down for the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by Christina :)
          I wonder if the numbers went down for the 2nd half
          Well, the demo went up, no word on the viewers.
          By Robert Seidman
          Posted March 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM

18-49 by half hour:
          Smallville: 0.9/1.0
          Supernatural: 1.0/1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
            Well if you are using the logic that the ratings for any given week is as black and white depending on how the previous episode was then that is the only way those ratings can be explained
            Some may not like the way i look at the ratings, but i see them as how WWE looks at their numbers.. The Rock made an unannounced appearance on Monday night Raw 1st time on Raw in 7 years!!.. His unannounced segment drew in an extra million viewers..! Thx to word of mouth.. The next week the ratings went up and they got their best # in years, but there was no Rock, so they fell again the next week.. PPl are as "black and white" like that and ratings are not an exact science.. How ppl can watch 1 ep of the final season and not the next is beyond me.. I'm just following the trends of what the numbers are showing..
            Last edited by McFly; 03-05-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Is a 1.0 in the demo really an improvement? I thought Smallville was averaging at least 1.5 in the demos during fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                Marc Berman has "Scion" at 2.34mil.

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 2.34 million; A18-49: #3, 1.0/ 3) and Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 2.22 million; A18-49: #4, 1.0/ 3).
                http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/589108653

Although, he does have them as showing repeats, so he could be wrong on the ratings. :/
                I think his numbers are wrong. For average viewers for the CW he has 2.23, going by the numbers he posted the average viewers should be 2.28

Comment

So Fortune gets 2.5. and this one is 250 thousand less? That's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerwen Aldarion
                    The Demo is more important than the number of viewers, a sad but true fact. So actually we did very well last night
                    You're right!!! Smallville actually did do well...

"Total Viewers Don't Matter To Prime time Advertising Rates, Part $642,000"

It boils down to this...
                    “…..advertisers pay more to reach people who do not watch much television. Thus, the most prized viewers of all watch the least amount of television….” (The 18-49 age range)!

Comment

It sucks that this episode had so little overall viewers, but it really doesn't matter. SV could get 1 million viewers for the next 5 episodes and it would still continue because its the last five eps and ratings really don't matter. Especially at the end of the season for us.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                        So Fortune gets 2.5. and this one is 250 thousand less? That's wrong.
                        I think the filler episode that was Fortune stalled the momentum that the show was building. I know I wasn't looking forward to a filler episode towards the end of the series. With the Darkseid reveal at the end of Scion, interest may pick back up.

Comment

Well we gotta note that Fortune was the last(or so we thought) episode of Allison. So it makes sense to have higher ratings. Requem was one of the highest rated in S8, too.

Comment

Smallville
                            - 2.177 million viewers
                            - 1.4/3 HH
                            - 0.9/3 A18-49
                            - 0.9/4 A18-34
                            - 0.6/3 W18-34

Originally posted by JohnnR
                            Well we gotta note that Fortune was the last(or so we thought) episode of Allison. So it makes sense to have higher ratings. Requem was one of the highest rated in S8, too.
                            Actually Requiem wasn't infact it was the second lowest(of 5 episodes) rating for KK's comeback.

Legion - 4.31
                            Power - 4.21
                            Bride - 4.19
                            Requiem - 3.93
                            Bulletproof - 3.85

Last edited by Supsfan; 03-07-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Well we gotta note that Fortune was the last(or so we thought) episode of Allison. So it makes sense to have higher ratings. Requiem was one of the highest rated in S8, too.
                              Actually Requiem, as pointed out by Supsfan, was the second lowest rated episode to that point aside from Abyss, which had almost a million viewers less than Bloodline, the highest rated episode of season 8. In fact the CW beat FOX the night Bloodline aired. Ironically Scion also beat FOX And keep in mind that Collateral, Beacon, and Masquerade all got successively lower and lower ratings compared to each other until Fortune.

On the bright side Fortune, this year's 15th episode, more or less tied last year's 15th episode Conspiracy. And Scion beat last year's 16th episode Escape in both market share and millions of viewers. Don't worry, Scion did fine, especially for not airing during sweeps

Comment

Personally I think the ratings drop for the next two episodes post-hiatus and then the last "three" are higher.
                                Last edited by SVFancross; 03-07-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎