Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Scion?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kinda dissapointed with this season, being the final season it should have been awesome, or at least great. But meh, too much going on. This episode was ok, didn't love it but also didn't hate it either.
    The Conner story seemed a little rushed for me, as great as it is to have Superboy introduced into the story, it just didn't fit here...with the Luthors and all. Also didn't like the Clark/Conner beatdown at the end, just to save Lois. Been down that road before with Lana, Chloe, Lois, etc...

Comment

• Because of the controversial Supergirl episode, let's be happy this episode wasn't titled Superboy. The way they turned young Alexander into Conner Kent worked in the context of the series. Had the show got another season, Conner would've been explored along with his relationship with Clark.

Comment

• Enter the love child of Clex.

Lex: "And if Clark thinks that I'll pay a cent of child support, he's got another thing coming!"

The episode concludes the Alexander/Conner storyline for the season. I guess you can also say that it shows Clark having gone full circule. In S1, he was a 14-year-old boy, with super powers, struggling to control them and being mentored by his dad. Now, towards the end of S10, he's a 23-year-old (based on the episodes "Hidden", "Aqua" and "Oracle") adult, who ends up mentoring what is essentially the next generation. Clark notes that Conner's developing faster than he did. And that's because Conner's got Clark to look up to. To aspire to be like. Clark's didn't have a super powered role model (and most of his interactions with metahumans and other aliens, for many years, was a negative one). Clark was isolated. Young Conner's got Clark and the other heroes in the Watchtower Network. Super powered individuals of his generation will have a different experience from Clark's. And that obvious, even if you haven't read the S11 comic (where he becomes part of the Titans and is allowed to interact with other teenagers like him). Him wearing a T-shirt with the House of El symbol demonstrates that, because of the older guys (and women) like Clark, the next generation will have it easier. They won't have to struggle as much with the identity crisis that Clark struggled with for much of the show.

The episode is also a pay-off to several old/long-running plots. You have Helen Bryce taking Clark's blood in "Fever" (nice that they connected it back to an established event, rather than referencing some unseen, never before mentioned, event) and all the LuthorCorp cloning experiments since "Accelerate". All of that has been leading up to this moment.

Nice of them to give Tess and Lois and subplot, where they're allowed to be proactive in their attempt to expose E-2 Lionel as a fraud. Especially liked that Tess used the differences in their universes histories to her advantage.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎