No announcement yet.

Clois - S10 Spoilers Discussion #7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exedore
    No one questioned Lex knowing the secret? What? People have been talking about, heck even demanding a mindwipe for Lex for years now. Both Lois and Lex were the target of such "discussions" for most of SV's run. In the end, one came true....in a way that no one thought it would (instead of wiping the last parts of S7 from his mind, he was essentially turned into an infant in a man's body lol).
    Well, not from what I have seen recently, Ex. There were several threads here, in Ksite for the last month advocating that Lois and Lois alone should be mindwiped because of the mythos. In those threads, when someone would ask "Really, you have a problem with Lois? And what about Lex and all the others characters that were not supposed to know yet (and that includes the pseudo JLA)? And there was an big silence in the subject, with posters repeating over and over again that Lois was the only one that Superman myth *demanded* to be mindwiped. In fact, if you go to the spoiler and speculation thread there was at least two threads opened on the subject of how Lois *should* be mindwiped, and there was at least one advocating that Lois would ask Clark to be mindwiped "sacrificing their love for world's sake". And I honestly don't remember seeing one recent thread opened on the subject of Lex being mindwiped.

So, if I made a generalization on the subjec, I apologize. It wasn't my intention, and it was made based on what I have seen here in this last month. The idea of *any* mindwipe, of course, is something that I can't stand. So, you can imagine how I felt when someone wanted one of my favorite characters to be mindwiped without any reason for it to be done, IMO. *shrugs* So, in a sense, I did get some satisfaction from the fact that someone else was, and for reasons that I can't explain because it doesn't belong on this forum, the fact that this person was *Lex* made that sweet, in a way.

Originally posted by Exedore
    I got a little perverse pleasure out of the wedding being ruined myself, even though it annoyed me that they wasted so much time and money on it.
    I knew you would. I am also positive that you loved that, seven years later, they still weren't married. It must have made you even more happy, right? But even you, I guess, should still admit, jokes aside, that was a little bit of a stretch to believe that after seven years of obviously trying (because how you can undersand that "I have been ready for seven years" as anything else by that Clark had been trying) they still didn't get married. It is one of those things that doesn't make any sense.

Originally posted by Exedore
    Yeah I know it was there to reference the movies but they failed to do that in a good way. It didn't make any sense at all. The proper way to reference it would have been CGIman doing it (perhaps on the plane?) because like you said, Superman called her "Miss Lane" in the movies not Clark. Ah TPTB, incompetent to the very end.
    You know what? I can't disagree with you on that one. It worked better when they did that in Styletto, because the Blur calling her "Miss Lane" made sense in the context of the story, but Clark? But I guess they wanted it very much as a reference, and in order to do that, they would have to put Tom in the suit, or at least, partially on it (cape and shirt), and, for some reason, they clearly didn't want it to happen.
    Last edited by liana; 05-18-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• I got a little perverse pleasure out of the wedding being ruined myself, even though it annoyed me that they wasted so much time and money on it
      And I get perverse pleasure that you were annoyed Seriously, I think they just wanted to show an attractive/romantic wedding for Lois and Clark, but it had to be interrupted because not all the future players were in place yet like the return of Jimmy Olsen, or Perry White as the editor in chief. I liked that future glimpse with Lois and Jimmy and the glimpse of Lois and Clark colliding on the stairway. With the bad and disappointing fumbles TPTB made with the myth in the finale, like the unimportant Chloe stuff, or the cheesy deaths of Darkseid and his minions, that little moment in the future was my favorite moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by liana
        ... I knew you would. I am also positive that you loved that, seven years later, they still weren't married. It must have made you even more happy, right? But even you, I guess, should still admit, jokes aside, that was a little bit of a stretch to believe that after seven years of obviously trying (because how you can undersand that "I have been ready for seven years" as anything else by that Clark had been trying) they still didn't get married. It is one of those things that doesn't make any sense.

You know what? I can't disagree with you on that one. It worked better when they did that in Styletto, because the Blur calling her "Miss Lane" made sense in the context of the story, but Clark? But I guess they wanted it very much as a reference, and in order to do that, they would have to put Tom in the suit, or at least, partially on it (cape and shirt), and, for some reason, they clearly didn't want it to happen.
        Yep. I agree. Clark always calls her Lois... heck, he says it about a dozen times every episode. I would love to see if someone has a list for the MOST times that Clark has said LOIS in one conversation OR in any one episode

And with him calling her Ms. Lane (although it was very cute when "The Blur" did it over the phone)... it just goes to show that Smallville was just as inconsistent to the very last moments as they had ALWAYS been

Comment

• Out of habit, I am still coming here for spoilers and speculations on my favorite couple. It is sad knowing there will never be any more spoilers to check out for Smallville.

I guess the ending left me wanting more. I just wanted to see more of Clois' future together to get the closure I wanted. That is why knowing there will not be a next year is so hard because I can't say "maybe they will show that next year".

I will always love Smallville and Erica and Tom's protrayal of my favorite couple but it does help to know that Clois lives on. I am not a comic book reader so I only get to see my favorite couple either on t.v. or on the big screen. So here is hoping the Superman movie is really good and does well at the box office so they will make more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelyGal
            Out of habit, I am still coming here for spoilers and speculations on my favorite couple. It is sad knowing there will never be any more spoilers to check out for Smallville.

I guess the ending left me wanting more. I just wanted to see more of Clois' future together to get the closure I wanted. That is why knowing there will not be a next year is so hard because I can't say "maybe they will show that next year".

I will always love Smallville and Erica and Tom's protrayal of my favorite couple but it does help to know that Clois lives on. I am not a comic book reader so I only get to see my favorite couple either on t.v. or on the big screen. So here is hoping the Superman movie is really good and does well at the box office so they will make more.
            i completely agree. i keep coming into this thread once every other hour or so. it's like you said; in habit.

i also hope that the next superman movie will fill part of the hole that is in my heart, but i just don't think that's going to happen because tom and erica just did such an amazing job playing the part. they are lois and clark to me.

god, i miss the show so much. i'm trying not to show much emotion, but inside, it hurts so much..

Comment

• Originally posted by CloisForever91
              god, i miss the show so much. i'm trying not to show much emotion, but inside, it hurts so much..
              It's like losing a family member isn't it, you don't realise how much time you spent with this show until it finished

On the bright side, I've gone back and started watching all over again and have just got to "Lucy", it's great seeing baby Clois again and I'm able to see things differently now, so much forshadowing and the banter between them has really made me smile, even in the early years you can see how much they care about each other. Smallville will always live on and has the best Clois of any show of it's kind, all thanks to Tom & Erica.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beyonder
                It's like losing a family member isn't it, you don't realise how much time you spent with this show until it finished

On the bright side, I've gone back and started watching all over again and have just got to "Lucy", it's great seeing baby Clois again and I'm able to see things differently now, so much forshadowing and the banter between them has really made me smile, even in the early years you can see how much they care about each other. Smallville will always live on and has the best Clois of any show of it's kind, all thanks to Tom & Erica.
                I'm doing the same thing but right now i'm suffering through the clana stages, ughh. lol

Comment

I'm doing the same thing but right now i'm suffering through the clana stages, ughh. lol

Unfortunately, all the way through Season 8

Comment

which is why i've made it a habit of remembering which scene brings up clana so that i can conveniently skip and fas forward through them.lol

Comment

• I cheated and looked forward a week. We get Lazarus next Friday.

Comment

• no biggie, I do the same.

Comment

• Good idea to review past seasons in our DVDs.Of cource the painful Clana moments will be fast forwarded by me.

Comment

• *sigh* it's so sad, i remember when this place was kickin' ... anyway, i miss you guys!!

Comment

• Want to talk about Clois join us
                              The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎