No announcement yet.

Reflecting on Romance: Chloe's Love Story

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?man
    Yes. She needs to have a bit of fun and not worry about Clark's life all the time. Oliver isn't perfect and neither is there relationship but at the moment, he is perfect for her.

2. Who is Chloe's soulmate? Explain.
    Hard to say. Probably at the back of her mind it was always Jimmy.

3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)
    MY favourite would be Davis Bloome- before the psychopathic Dooms Day scenario- purely because he wasn't tied in with Clark in anyway, which would have been a breath of fresh air. Something different.

4. Were you sold on Chloe and Oliver?
    DEFINITELY
    they have chemistry that no other couple have had. Some parts are a bit pacey, but that's just them.

5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).
    Yes!
    It's too complicated with Clark. He has so many issues and agendas to sort out whereas Oliver is generally fun and less upright.

6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?
    No. Killing Jimmy off was horrible! A three year build up and she's left in tears with no Clark or Lois or Oliver to help her.

7. How did you feel about Chlollie this season?
    A bit sappy and abrupt, but I still enjoyed it.

8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding (whether fake or real)?
    Yes. Chloe is too pedantic about everything. the irony did it for me

9. Are you satisfied with the ending to Chloe's romantic life?
    It makes me happy just to see her happy and finally out of Watch Tower, so yes.

10. Was this the ending YOU imagine? Better? Worse?
    Can't say because it completely threw me!
    Was expecting a Chloe centric episode, but I'm glad it ended this way.
    The nonchalance and comedy somehow made it more poignant.

Comment

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?

Kind of. Oliver and Chloe definitely get each other but their similarities are exactly why I have a hard time seeing them happily married forever.

Oliver is the closest, but I feel like they can be very destructive together. I don't see good things coming out of their partnership because they feed into each others' inflated egotism and rather harsh morality. IMO, these two plotting together gets people killed, captured, or damned.

3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)

I liked Chloe and Emil but obviously it went nowhere so I don't know what it would have looked like romantically. I think she needed a more submissive guy, tbh.

Yes and No. I thought they had a lot of chemistry back in season 6/7 when she first went to work for him and I think they always got each other in a fundamental way like Lois and Clark kind of did.

I didn't buy the pacing of the relationship once we got the ILY's and I think TPTB tried too hard to shoehorn Chlollie into a traditional romance, one that increasingly tore down Oliver and propped up Chloe, IMO.

5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).

I don't tend to yell obscenities at Chloe during the Chlollie scenes so ... yes.

6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?

No. She wasn't the kind of character I enjoy overall when it came to romance. She was emotionally needy and that kind of quirky I associate with negative fanfic stereotypes. It felt sometimes like the show needed to throw her a bone because she'd had bad luck in love in the early seasons. I didn't like the sense of entitlement I got from how they treated the character in her relationships.

Could have done without it myself, but I'm glad it appealed to some of the fans.

No. Maybe if the last episode hadn't set up Oliver's omega, I would have enjoyed it more. As it was, I felt like the wedding obstructed the main story and that annoyed me greatly.

It was the ending that needed to happen in some ways. Chloe needed to win in love and marriage to her own hunky superhero was probably more in line with what I saw were fan expectations than, say, marriage to a cute bit player like Jenry.

I'm glad fans got what they wanted because it means more positive energy around the show but I didn't care much.

I suspected it might go something like this, but, honestly, I wish she had died at the end of season 3 or season 8.

Comment

I think that Chlollie are great together and compliment each other. I think they know each other better than anyone. They've seen the worst and best sides of each other. They can be completely themselves and at ease with the other. They are first for the other. They are partners, lovers and friends. Are they meant to be forever? I don't know. I think a case can be made for both sides. Right now I see them as very much in love and I don't see an end in sight.

I don't know. Actually my first thought is a crossover answer. I'm not going to bring that up here though.

Chlark. They had me for 8 years. Can't replace that.

Yes

Yes. It's equal.

This season? Very much. The series? HELL NO! I loved Chlark, but that didn't mean she had to pine for him for five years with nearly no male interest. I HATED Chimmy. I think it was bad for both characters. I loved Chlavis at the time, but looking back not so much. I liked him until he stopped putting Chloe first. I've loved every second of Chlollie.

I only wish there had been more.

I thought it would be too soon for Chloe get married. She was just finding her footing again, but in typicall Chlollie fashion they don't do things the conventional way and it seems to work for them. I loved the way it played out.

Yes.

My expectations were quite low, so this was much better.

Comment

I don't believe there is a "perfect" person for any of us. However I think that at this point they were the best fits for each other.

See my answer above.

I've shipped just about every Chloe pairing imaginable in fic. On-screen I enjoyed what Chlark had between them the most during seasons 1 - 8.

They were fun. There were to me a lot of issues between them left over from the end of Season 8 that I thought were never adequately resolved on-screen and I found that frustrating.

I don't think you can really make an apples-to-apples comparison here. The last time Chlark were romantically involved was season 1 and a world of experience separates all the characters from who they were back then.

What's funny was that Chloe's romantic life was never really my priority, until they paired her up with Jimmy. Then I prayed every episode would be the one in which they broke up & Chloe could be single again.

Well, I got married rather impulsively myself so I got a kick out of it.

To the extent that Oliver seems to understand her better than either Clark or Jimmy did, yes.

Ha. I'd stopped trying to imagine what they were going to do with Chloe; it just exacerbated my mounting sense of dread. Gut reactions to Fortune were "Yay!" to her return to reporting and "Oh, that's nice" to the Chlollie marriage. Both were far better than I was expecting.

Comment

Yeah, I think she did. I think Chloe and Oliver understand each other on a level that other characters don't understand them.

Hmm... I believe in soulmates in a different way than a lot of people do and that's not to say that I don't believe in them, I just don't believe that everybody has one. I believe that some people do and some people don't, but that doesn't mean that the people who don't can't fall in love deeply with someone. Chloe has been deeply in love with multiple people on this show and I don't know if I would call any of them her soulmate. I think that Oliver is probably the closest to that kind of thing, but I think if I saw more hints toward that in the seasons before S9 and more out of S9 and 10 in general, I would've had an easier time believing that Chloe and Ollie were soulmates. So, I'm glad the show never hinted too heavily or claimed such a thing. The letter was hard enough for me to believe.

I liked Chimmy for a while, but I think Chlollie is probably better.

In some ways. I was sold on their chemistry and I was --eventually-- sold on why the characters ended up together. I was not sold on the pacing and development of their relationship at all.

Definitely. I cannot stand the idea of romantic Chlark. I think its just as bad as the idea of romance between Superman and Wonder Woman. It just doesn't feel right to me at all.

I don't like that they put her in a relationship with Jimmy and Davis just to keep her relevant and I don't like that they put her with Oliver because he was the other hot guy on the show, but I do like a lot of Chlollie scenes and I can see why it makes sense that they're together.

A lot of it felt really forced to me and like a major waste of time, and I hated how they pulled a 180 on Oliver and turned him into nothing more than a love interest for Chloe. But I did think some of their scenes were cute and fun.

Eh... I'm happy for Chloe and Oliver. I don't like that it came right after an episode where Chloe was just barely ready to call herself his girlfriend.

Yeah, I think I am. I like that she got to end the show with someone who really loved her. Someone who saw all sides of her and loved her for them. I like that she got to end the show with something she could call her own, nd it was so touching in that last scene when she had tears in her eyes and she was stroking Oliver's cheek because you just knew she couldn't believe it. She's never really gotten to keep anything and now she does. I thought that was such a nice, joyful way to end the somewhat tragic journey she's been on.

It was pretty much what I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by umm
              Couldn't have disagreed more! I could adress the whole post, but I'll stick to the last three lines and say this: Doesn't she deserve that? Why should she content herself with pining after a guy who will never love her, or a jealous Jimmy who was so immature and secure he couldn't handle her frienship with Clark! And the fact that Clark isn't her top priority anymore proves that Oliver is the guy she would give up everything for!
              Chloe is just like any other female character on that show, capable of romance, she may have been hurt by the people she cared for, so her shell is harder and it takes longer to soften her up, but like Masquerade showed she is capable of being romantic, being soft, being a girlfriend, and with the right man, being a wife! Jimmy wasn't that man, he wasn't mature enough to reach Chloe's level, to get her, Oliver does that! And so what if he gave up his life in Metropolis, technicly it wasn't his life to begin with, his roots are in Star City, there can't be two alpha males in one place which is why he and Clark are butting heads so often! Secondly there is nothing wrong with a guy moving back to his original place of living for the sake of a woman he loves!
              I'm not so sure that Clark still isn't her top priority. After all she was willing to give him a heartfelt goodbye with a hug and a promise to always be there for him no matter what. She fully intended to stand Oliver up, she even admitted it to his face when she said she thought they were meeting up at his place later and looked guilty when he called her on running away. And no, I don't think that it's fair that anyone have a relationship so onesided that one person has to give up everything to follow after the other.

i think it's sweet in theory that Oliver made the gesture of following Chloe, but I think it's sad that he has to give up everything and the only concession she has to make in their relationship is that she has to accept the label of being his wife when she previously balked at being labeled his girlfriend. Jimmy might have been jealous but he tolerated her behavior of putting him second with no explanation way longer than he needed to. The fact of the matter is, Chloe didn't love him more than Clark and even if she wasn't in love with Clark she didn't love Jimmy enough to justify hurting him that way. However, I will always feel that if she had been a decent girlfriend to him they would have been fine because I liked their geeky romance in season 6 with the movie night at the planet and them making out in the car that one time. When they first started they were equals, but a little awkward and overeager. As soon as Jimmy understood what the real reason was he adored her again and was willing to overlook everything. Whether Jimmy was whiny or not, he didn't just imagine the issues that he was upset about. She gave him plenty of reasons to be suspicious.

I wouldn't say that Chloe deserves to be with someone who puts her on a pedestal the way she put Clark on a pedestal because that's counterproductive to her biggest downfall of hubris as depicted in Masquerade. Now, in terms of what Chloe deserves my views as someone who has never enjoyed her character will always clash with fans who have always enjoyed her character, and I'm aware of that. Still, jmo.

Comment

Can I say I just love seeing the Chimmy missing still around.

Comment

Well, i miss Jimmy the most, not exactly chimmy. They were cute together. Although he loved chloe with all his heart and soul, that relationship was toxic for him. He was always going to end with a broken heart, chloe was never going to commit 100% to him, nor will she ever commit 100% to any man for that matter, i used to think maybe 2 clark, but now im not so sure anymore. Will chloe forever be happy in love, hard to say, considering her track record.

Comment

I don't think Chloe will ever fully be able to commit to someone either. It makes me feel sad for the men in her life.

Comment

I definitely don't agree that Ollie is her soulmate, I don't think she's found him yet and her and Ollie are in no way gonna last

Comment

Not even sure how the conclusion that Chloe is not committed can be drawn.

I can't see it at all! She sacrificed her life for his (if that's not a sign of commitment, IDK what is); she didn't call or contact him 'cause the helmet warned her not to; she dreamed everyday of walking back through those doors (which means back to him); he was the first one she saved from the VRA; she's spent every waking morning with him since she's been back (with the exception of the wedding night); she doesn't want to lose him again; they've exchanged ILY numerous times; Desaad used Ollie to tempt her to give it all up and run away with him (which, she just about did); she's ready and willing to give up her privacy (something that's been extremely important and well guarded for her over the years) for Ollie; she's considered herself his GF (she gave her reasons for why she struggled defining herself against him); she re-entered herself into the system and got her identity back (confirmed by Al); she got a job in Ollie's hometown for a reason; she told Clark her head and heart were wrestling each other and she wasn't going to let a hero (Ollie) give up his world for her (she knew he would if she asked him to or said anything about heading to SC), one he basically had already done by outing himself; she was moved to tears of joy when Ollie presented his half of the marriage certificate (IF she wasn't committed to him, she'd been adamant about getting an annulment just as she was when she thought she might have married Clark); she kissed, touched, and looked at him with SO much love, and left with her husband for SC.
                        Last edited by AChloeChick; 03-01-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                          I definitely don't agree that Ollie is her soulmate, I don't think she's found him yet and her and Ollie are in no way gonna last
                          I agree.

I think that hes fine for her right now though. I never expected it to last.

Comment

Originally posted by thelane
                            After 10 seasons of Chloe trying to find love, I have a few questions for everyone who cares to answer:

Note: You all don't have to answer ALL the questions unless you want but a few here or there would be nice. I'm just trying to see how this episode was received by those with an interest in Chloe's journey.
                            1. She ended up with the right person for the time.
                            2. It is Clark but Clark overlooks it. So I am fine with them being friends but she knows that Clark is the one for her.
                            3. I was sold on Chimmy in the beginning all of season 6 but 7-8 not so much. As for Chlavis I never got into the whole romantic scene with them.
                            4. Yes a little more sold than Clois but this ending for her I can accept Clois now even though I don't like it. I can go on forever with this answer.
                            5. Nothing campairs to the Chlark relationship it what made the show. No Chlark NO spark. This answer I can go on about in both ways it the same way I feel in other shows.
                            6. Petty much her romatic life happened as her character grew.
                            7. It was good and still some things need to be explained.
                            8. Indifferent about this one since I know a little bit of what happens in the comics.
                            9. Satified for now but she is in the comics now so we see as her character grows in the comics if it will be tied to Oliver or Clark or neither.
                            10. Indifferent because I can usually tell what to expect and what not to expect when it comes to things like this. This is just a critic in me.

Comment

2. It is Clark but Clark overlooks it. So I am fine with them being friends but she knows that Clark is the one for her.
                              Clark doesn't overlook anything. He just loves another woman. He's ALWAYS loved another woman first. That doesn't mean he's wrong or "overlooking" anything and I've always really resented the implication that it does. That's not how love works. We don't control who we love and it's not up to other people to decide if we are "overlooking" things or if our feelings are wrong.

Relationships are a two way street. It doesn't matter if Chloe felt that Clark was "the one" for her. Clark never considered Chloe "the one" for him. He believes Lois is "the one" for him and Clark has every right to feel that way.

The bottom line is that Chloe may have felt that Clark was her soulmate. But Clark does not consider Chloe to be his. And Clark has agency in his own life and his own choices and it really grates on me when it is insinuated that he isn't able to make his own choices without there being this idea that he's somehow wrong. That's not how love works.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                                Clark doesn't overlook anything. He just loves another woman. He's ALWAYS loved another woman first. That doesn't mean he's wrong or "overlooking" anything and I've always really resented the implication that it does. That's not how love works. We don't control who we love and it's not up to other people to decide if we are "overlooking" things or if our feelings are wrong.

Relationships are a two way street. It doesn't matter if Chloe felt that Clark was "the one" for her. Clark never considered Chloe "the one" for him. He believes Lois is "the one" for him and Clark has every right to feel that way.

The bottom line is that Chloe may have felt that Clark was her soulmate. But Clark does not consider Chloe to be his. And Clark has agency in his own life and his own choices and it really grates on me when it is insinuated that he isn't able to make his own choices without there being this idea that he's somehow wrong. That's not how love works.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎