No announcement yet.

Reflecting on Romance: Chloe's Love Story

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod edit
    Last edited by Novak Fan; 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM. Reason: Rule 10,14 and 15. Thank you

Comment

After 10 seasons of Chloe trying to find love, I have a few questions for everyone who cares to answer:

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?

Yes. Ollie gets her and accepts her strengths and weaknesses. This man appreciates her and is her intellectual equal while also having the same courageous commitment to saving others.

2. Who is Chloe's soulmate? Explain.

Not a big believer in the "soulmate" concept. I think relationships and marriages last for real tangible reasons and with commitment. "Soulmate" implies some sort of effortless kismet. I DO think she ended up with the right guy.

3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)

Chark - an epic partnership that few relationships on TV can touch
      Chlollie - a great teamwork turned love

4. Were you sold on Chloe and Oliver?

I saw the sexy and kinship at first. I totally bought the love as time wore on. I think Ollie sold it first and when Chloe said why she never doubted her love for him -- well that just sealed the deal for me.

5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).

Yes. Chlark was too complicated. Further he had the idealized woman in his head (Lana) and always had a protective thing going with Chloe. He was also unsure of himself and Chloe was just a little to close -- it's like he needed her too much so he could never "go there". He had other issues to work out. Although I think Clark DID think of Chloe in that way and end of S5/S6 I think he was ready to give it another shot (S1 being the first time), I think he worried that Chloe would get hurt and he bowed out quickly when it looked like she had someone else (Jimmy). The other issue is that Clark really did treat Chloe like his back pocket girl. Lana had his "heart" in theory but he shared his inmost thoughts with Chloe. When Lana left in S8 he STILL said "I have you". I think part of what really freaked him out in Beast was that Chloe defied him (even though he knew she was doing it FOR him, this is EXACTLY why he was always afraid of a relationship with her). She constantly put him about herself. Not because she didn't feel like she was a worthy person but because he was a superhero. His overdeveloped sense of guilt always was present too. Could Chlark have worked? Yes. Would Chlark have worked? No for meta reasons -- Clois was endgame so why destroy the friendship with a doomed romance?

6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?

Only at the end with Ollie. I agree with what she said -- I had no doubts about Ollie seeing and loving Chloe and Chloe understanding that.

7. How did you feel about Chlollie this season?

Loved the bits we got -- not enough of them though.

8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding (whether fake or real)?

Yes -- and it's real per Al.

9. Are you satisfied with the ending to Chloe's romantic life?

Yes, her romantic endgame is with someone who truly loves and respects her and is her intellectual equal who won't let her get away with crap -- a person needs that.

10. Was this the ending YOU imagine? Better? Worse?

No. Better.

Comment

I've been a huge fan of the Chloe character probably from Season 2 and I have to say that I really liked the Oliver pairing. Clark really wasn't on her level, his whining about things and making her his 'krypto hag' was probably a confirmation that they didn't belong together. Jimmy really wasn't her equal in terms of her potential. Davis - yeah, no. Oliver though, seemed like an equal and a compliment, so, yeah, as a supporter of all things Chloe, I think it was a just 'happily ever after' for the character.

Comment

..... Clark really wasn't on her level, his whining about things and making her his 'krypto hag' was probably a confirmation that they didn't belong together. Jimmy really wasn't her equal in terms of her potential. Davis - yeah, no. Oliver though, seemed like an equal and a compliment, so, yeah, as a supporter of all things Chloe, I think it was a just 'happily ever after' for the character.
          Exactly, her soulmate is Oliver!
          And if anybody needs any prof, well rewatch the last scene or the scene in Masquerade at how she looks at Oliver, she never looked at Jimmy that way, it's near ludicrous to say Jimmy was her real soulmate, or even worse Pete!
          Last edited by umm; 02-26-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

1) Yes, she did. Ollie gets Chloe on every level and she gets him.

2) I'm not big on the term soul mate either 'cause I feel a person is complete in and of himself/herself. But, I do believe SV has most definitely been portraying Ollie as Chloe's soul mates and vice versa.

3) Chlollie is most def at the top of my list. However, I've LOVED most of Chlark (most of S9 is the only exception) and Chlavis.

4) I've been sold on Chlollie ever since he showed up in SV. Chlollie has always been about potential, and their ultimate potential has finally been met! Allison and Justin have given Chlollie SO many things to make it believable: the looks, touches, eskimo kisses, biting the lip, twisting the tongue, etc. And, the writing has been there, especially this season.

5) As much as I loved roma Chlark back in the day, I have to say Chlollie far exceeds them on the roma front. As I said before, Ollie gets Chloe and she gets him.

6) Since I HATE(D) Chimmy with a passion, I'll have to say no! That, and I always felt roma Chlark should have been explored further than it was. Also, I LOVED the whole beauty and the beast thing they had going on with Chlavis, but HATE(D) how it ended.

Despite that, Chlollie is a much more powerful and beautiful ship than I could ever imagine! I guess the bad experiences Chloe and Ollie have had in the romance department actually helped them get to where they are.

7) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

8) Despite Chloe and Ollie being married and going off together as husband and wife, I feel cheated that I didn't get to see any of the ceremony. Other than that, I'm THRILLED!

9) ECSTATIC!

10) Since I've been suspecting Chloe and Ollie would end up getting married since Shield, I'll have to say it's what I expected. Nonetheless, I thought I'd get to see more to it than a few hints throughout the epi and their final scene.

Comment

Originally posted by thelane

After 10 seasons of Chloe trying to find love, I have a few questions for everyone who cares to answer:

3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)
              5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).
              6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?
              1. I think that anyone who identified with Chloe throughout the series, would say yes.
              2. Oliver. See answer to number 4 for explanation.
              3. Chloe and Oliver.
              4. The thing is, I was sold on Chloe and Oliver long before they even introduced the relationship on the show. They seemed perfect for each other, and I so wanted Chloe to be with a guy who was on the same level as her. All her past relationships, she's been left to be the strong one, and I have wanted her with Ollie for so long, so that she could be with a strong guy. So am I sold on it? Heck yeah, because it's like the writers basically just saw what i'd been seeing the whole time (the potential for the two of them), and went with it.
              5. Of course Chlollie is better than Chlark. Chlark was unrequited love. It left Chloe feeling pathetic and unwanted most of the time, and Clark often took advantage of the fact she would do anything for him. Chlollie is about mutual respect, understanding and chemistry.
              6. I identified with Chloe's romantic life, so I think in a way I was satisfied. Her romantic life has been much like mine, and Oliver is the guy i'm waiting for.
              7. This seasons Chlollie has been okay. Season 9's was a whole lot better though.
              8. I was over the moon with the Chlollie wedding, because I was just so scared she was actually going to leave him, and that's how they were going to end it.
              9. Very satisfied.
              10. Much better than I imagined, because they very often don't seem to care much about what makes sense for Chloe's character, as she has been throughout the show.

Originally posted by Supsfan
              In the pilot I thought they were setting up Chloe and Pete, but the show never really touched on that. I think that would have been the best pairing for her character, but the show I guess didn't see much shipper angst in that
              They did touch on it. Pete loved her, she didn't feel it back, in much the same way her and Clark's relationship panned out. Pete told her in 'Truth'.

Comment

Yes, I think she ended up with the perfect guy for her. Why? Cause I think they get each other and accept each other. And they make each other happy.

Oliver... I simply see a connection there.

If you mean romantically, then Chlollie.

Not to beging with, but they pulled me in and now I'm totally sold on them.

I never shipped Chlark romantically so yes.

God no! Lovesick Chloe was never my cup of tea. I was happy when she finally moved on.

I had my issues, but overall I'm happy. Very happy.

Yes! And it's real, Al confirmed it himself

Yes.

Better. I always thought they'd give Chloe a tragic ending. I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Comment

I don't think Chloe has a soulmate, or if she does she hasn't met them yet.

I personally thought Chimmy was a more honest relationship and was handled more realistically onscreen than Chlollie. Chloe is a little nerd, a cute one, but that's what she is, and Jimmy was the goofy side that she needed. I don't really see why Oliver is so hung up on Chloe because of his relationships we've seen Lois has always seemed to compliment him the best. And I feel that since her relationship with Oliver started they've had to try and "cool her up" by making her a fighter and a gunslinger in order to show them being equals.

The pacing of Chlollie just didn't work for me. I don't think it really does any favors for Oliver that she keeps running off without telling him and he just keeps taking her back with a big smile on his face. Nothing suggests that this pattern will stop. Chloe said goodbye to Clark and would have totally ditched Oliver. From that last scene he gave up his life in Metropolis without a backward glance even though all his friends are there. That's romantic and all, but if the tables were turned I'm pretty sure Chloe wouldn't have done it.
                  I was never a big fan of Chlark either simply because I always felt that Chloe's feelings for Clark were way too strong from the getgo. He was obsessed with Lana, which she knew, and even if they had given it a shot he would always have loved Lana and she would have just become bitter. Her passive-agressive behavior would have been detrimental to Clark if he developed romantic feelings for her during their high school years when he had his guilt complex about bringing the meteor shower and killing Lana's parents and feeling bad for all the fotw.

The wedding could have at least been on the video so everyone could have seen it and congratulated them or something. At least if they'd shown them smiling I'd have the image of a happy wedding rather than a drunk one.

I still don't think that Chloe is really girlfriend material. fwb is more her style and she seemed to enjoy that even up to Masquerade. She just doesn't consider how her actions affect the other person enough for me to believe she could ever be married for any extended length of time. The one person she actually worshiped (Clark) turned her down and she hasn't felt the same way about any of the three men who have come along after him who worshiped her. Oliver isn't etting shafted like Jimmy did, but Clark will come first for Chloe before Oliver, she always goes out of her way for Clark.

This romantic ending for Chloe is just a little too neat and unrealistic for me considering her issues that we never saw her confront on her last failed relationship

I liked her ending with Clark, but I just feel like Oliver got roped into a one-sided relationship and once again Chloe gets everything she wants with a hot billionaire husband who is willing to let her lead him around by the nose.

Comment

Probably not but it doesn't really matter

I don't know

None

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL My sides, they split. Thats a no

I don't care

I don't care

annoyed

NO. A fake one to Clark would have been more hilarious.

I don't care

Better for her. I wanted to end on her headstone.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged

I personally thought Chimmy was a more honest relationship and was handled more realistically onscreen than Chlollie. Chloe is a little nerd, a cute one, but that's what she is, and Jimmy was the goofy side that she needed. I don't really see why Oliver is so hung up on Chloe because of his relationships we've seen Lois has always seemed to compliment him the best. And I feel that since her relationship with Oliver started they've had to try and "cool her up" by making her a fighter and a gunslinger in order to show them being equals.

The pacing of Chlollie just didn't work for me. I don't think it really does any favors for Oliver that she keeps running off without telling him and he just keeps taking her back with a big smile on his face. Nothing suggests that this pattern will stop. Chloe said goodbye to Clark and would have totally ditched Oliver. From that last scene he gave up his life in Metropolis without a backward glance even though all his friends are there. That's romantic and all, but if the tables were turned I'm pretty sure Chloe wouldn't have done it.
                      I was never a big fan of Chlark either simply because I always felt that Chloe's feelings for Clark were way too strong from the getgo. He was obsessed with Lana, which she knew, and even if they had given it a shot he would always have loved Lana and she would have just become bitter. Her passive-agressive behavior would have been detrimental to Clark if he developed romantic feelings for her during their high school years when he had his guilt complex about bringing the meteor shower and killing Lana's parents and feeling bad for all the fotw.

The wedding could have at least been on the video so everyone could have seen it and congratulated them or something. At least if they'd shown them smiling I'd have the image of a happy wedding rather than a drunk one.

I still don't think that Chloe is really girlfriend material. fwb is more her style and she seemed to enjoy that even up to Masquerade. She just doesn't consider how her actions affect the other person enough for me to believe she could ever be married for any extended length of time. The one person she actually worshiped (Clark) turned her down and she hasn't felt the same way about any of the three men who have come along after him who worshiped her. Oliver isn't etting shafted like Jimmy did, but Clark will come first for Chloe before Oliver, she always goes out of her way for Clark.

This romantic ending for Chloe is just a little too neat and unrealistic for me considering her issues that we never saw her confront on her last failed relationship

I liked her ending with Clark, but I just feel like Oliver got roped into a one-sided relationship and once again Chloe gets everything she wants with a hot billionaire husband who is willing to let her lead him around by the nose.
                      I agree with everything you said. Great post.

Comment

At this point in her life, Oliver was perfect for her.

Romantically, it's Oliver. Non-roma, it's Clark.

I really love Chlollie, but there will always be a part of me that ships Chlark first. I would not ship Chimmy if my life depended on it.

I liked their scenes from the beginning, but it did take some time to get fully sold on them as a couple

Yes, as much as I hate to admit it. Chlollie ended up with everything that Chlark could have had.

The existence of the horrible Chimmy means that I will never be satisfied with Chloe's complete romantic life.

I can't comment on the parts I haven't seen, but what I did see was lovely.

8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding?

I would have liked to have seen it onscreen, but I'm thrilled they got married. And IT WAS REAL!

Yes. She's happier now with Oliver than at any point in the series, so I am satisfied.

It was better than I was expecting. After all the crap that Chloe has been through in the series, to leave with a real purpose, happy, and not alone, is the best ending I could have hoped for.

Comment

Chlollie was forced and contrived, one second they're dating and next getting married, same with Season 9, they didn't show us them falling in love at all

Comment

Originally posted by thelane
                            Chloe's my least favorite character and I've never paid much attention to her romance life mostly because initially all her pining for Clark was a real turn off, and then when she got together with Jimmy it felt like Chloe was just using him because her heart seemed to still be with Clark (and then later with Davis). Then in a whirlwind she finds Oliver and it was too fast for me so I didn't get behind that either. So thinking on the ending tonight for her romantic life, I wasn't sure how to feel even if I took a step back and left all my biases aside. I didn't expect the ending but at the same time, it wasn't something that shocked or amazed me. Due to my lack of a reaction, I was hoping to find out what other's thought overall about Chloe's romance in Fortune, season 10, and in the series in general.

Note: You all don't have to answer ALL the questions unless you want but a few here or there would be nice. I'm just trying to see how this episode was received by those with an interest in Chloe's journey.
                            1. I really have many doubts whether Oliver is the right person for her. She was ready to leave him, until he showed her the other half of the wedding certificate.

2. Donot think she has one or has met him already. At one time I would have thought Jimmy but she never mentions him

3. Well Chloe and Jimmy seems good together in my opinion

4. Not really - has got some doubts about how Oliver recovered from Lois and transfered all his affections to chloe

5. Think neither is good

6. Not really a Chloe fan but she seems ok with Jimmy

7. In fact I really donot buy this Chloe-Oliver relationship, too rapid to be true in my humble opinion, contrarily to Chimmy which was better built on screen

8. The wedding could have been made better - we didnot see the wedding and if we had, it may have succeeded in conveying the fact that it is a true, real and sincere relationship

Comment

Couldn't have disagreed more! I could adress the whole post, but I'll stick to the last three lines and say this: Doesn't she deserve that? Why should she content herself with pining after a guy who will never love her, or a jealous Jimmy who was so immature and secure he couldn't handle her frienship with Clark! And the fact that Clark isn't her top priority anymore proves that Oliver is the guy she would give up everything for!
                              Chloe is just like any other female character on that show, capable of romance, she may have been hurt by the people she cared for, so her shell is harder and it takes longer to soften her up, but like Masquerade showed she is capable of being romantic, being soft, being a girlfriend, and with the right man, being a wife! Jimmy wasn't that man, he wasn't mature enough to reach Chloe's level, to get her, Oliver does that! And so what if he gave up his life in Metropolis, technicly it wasn't his life to begin with, his roots are in Star City, there can't be two alpha males in one place which is why he and Clark are butting heads so often! Secondly there is nothing wrong with a guy moving back to his original place of living for the sake of a woman he loves!

Comment

No because Oliver ends up with Dinah and he is a playboy even when he marries her.

I thought Jimmy was perfect for her because they had a lot in common. She never really had anything in common with Oliver on the personal level and seemed kind of inexperienced for him.

Jimmy and the future man that she eventually is with who is perfect for her.

NO

I never thought Chlark was a romantic relationship so Chlollie would be a better romantic relationship by default for me just because it was a romance

No. TPTB let Chloe pine over Clark too long when she seemed that type of person that would have moved on. Jimmy was a good fit at the time, but I think she should have had boyfriend's throughout the series instead of waiting for Clark to notice her.

I was never for Chlollie

No. To me Chloe is just a pass through relationship for Oliver.

This is not the end of Chloe's romantic life. When she and Oliver eventually break up (when he marries Dinah), hopefully Chloe will move on to someone better.

No, it was worse, but thankfully not as bad as Lana's
                                Last edited by Sunny8; 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎