No announcement yet.

Reflecting on Romance: Chloe's Love Story

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflecting on Romance: Chloe's Love Story

Chloe's my least favorite character and I've never paid much attention to her romance life mostly because initially all her pining for Clark was a real turn off, and then when she got together with Jimmy it felt like Chloe was just using him because her heart seemed to still be with Clark (and then later with Davis). Then in a whirlwind she finds Oliver and it was too fast for me so I didn't get behind that either. So thinking on the ending tonight for her romantic life, I wasn't sure how to feel even if I took a step back and left all my biases aside. I didn't expect the ending but at the same time, it wasn't something that shocked or amazed me. Due to my lack of a reaction, I was hoping to find out what other's thought overall about Chloe's romance in Fortune, season 10, and in the series in general.

After 10 seasons of Chloe trying to find love, I have a few questions for everyone who cares to answer:

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?
    2. Who is Chloe's soulmate? Explain.
    3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)
    4. Were you sold on Chloe and Oliver?
    5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).
    6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?
    7. How did you feel about Chlollie this season?
    8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding (whether fake or real)?
    9. Are you satisfied with the ending to Chloe's romantic life?
    10. Was this the ending YOU imagine? Better? Worse?

Note: You all don't have to answer ALL the questions unless you want but a few here or there would be nice. I'm just trying to see how this episode was received by those with an interest in Chloe's journey.

In the pilot I thought they were setting up Chloe and Pete, but the show never really touched on that. I think that would have been the best pairing for her character, but the show I guess didn't see much shipper angst in that

Comment

Originally posted by thelane
      Chloe's my least favorite character and I've never paid much attention to her romance life mostly because initially all her pining for Clark was a real turn off, and then when she got together with Jimmy it felt like Chloe was just using him because her heart seemed to still be with Clark (and then later with Davis). Then in a whirlwind she finds Oliver and it was too fast for me so I didn't get behind that either. So thinking on the ending tonight for her romantic life, I wasn't sure how to feel even if I took a step back and left all my biases aside. I didn't expect the ending but at the same time, it wasn't something that shocked or amazed me. Due to my lack of a reaction, I was hoping to find out what other's thought overall about Chloe's romance in Fortune, season 10, and in the series in general.

After 10 seasons of Chloe trying to find love, I have a few questions for everyone who cares to answer:

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?
      2. Who is Chloe's soulmate? Explain.
      3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)
      4. Were you sold on Chloe and Oliver?
      5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise).
      6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)?
      7. How did you feel about Chlollie this season?
      8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding (whether fake or real)?
      9. Are you satisfied with the ending to Chloe's romantic life?
      10. Was this the ending YOU imagine? Better? Worse?

Note: You all don't have to answer ALL the questions unless you want but a few here or there would be nice. I'm just trying to see how this episode was received by those with an interest in Chloe's journey.
      1. I don't think Chloe really ended up with anyone. We know she and Ollie won't last after all, but I think this fits for her. She doesn't NEED someone in her life to be fulfilled.

2. I'm not sure who Chloe's soulmate would be. I'd like to think she found someone later on in Star City, maybe another reporter or a police officer, someone who understands the responsibilities she feels.

3. Chimmy, I loved their geeky romance, they were just adorable.

4. Not really. Sure they had chemistry, sure they were kind of cute but I felt like it was too sudden and created just because the writers felt obligated to put Chloe with someone and Ollie was available. I'd have preferred if they'd hinted at Dinah and Ollie more since that is actually in cannnon.

5. Yeah, probably. I was never Chlark shipper, though I did root for Chloe is season 1 because she was the underdog. Chlollie were cute...but it seemed kind of fast for me.

6. I felt sorry for Chloe for seasons 1 and half of season 2, was annoyed with her in seasons 2 and 3 when she went a little nutty. I still got annoyed whenever Chloe's feelings for Clark popped up in seasons 4 and 5 but I LOVED their friendship. I really enjoyed Chimmy seasons 6-8, I think that was a real cute relationship that was developed well. I like Chlavis for the darkness of it but wasn't completely sold on it. Chlollie had sparks but was too fast for me.

7. Too much too fast, cute but it felt like it was taking away from Clark and the whole plot of season 10, I'm kind of glad that it is over.

8. I was just glad it wasn't Clark and Chloe, I don't think Clark would have married Chloe even under a spell.

9. I think it would have been better if she'd actually broken things off with Ollie instead of leaving but I like the idea of Chloe actually going off alone.

10. I actually always imagined Chloe dying, I think that would have been a powerful moment in Clark's life that would have really propelled him towards doing some real good. He would become protective of the people in his like and would help explain why he would want to keep Clark Kent separate from Supermant

Comment

I mean end up with the perfect person at this point in her life, not forever, which is why I asked about her soulmate. I'm 100% sure Chlollie ends, offscreenville or later on the season. The worst case scenario it's left up the viewer to decide as it is right now.

Comment

I mean end up with the perfect person at this point in her life, not forever, which is why I asked about her soulmate. I'm 100% sure Chlollie ends, offscreenville or later on the season. The worst case scenario it's left up the viewer to decide as it is right now.
          Like I said, not a real Chlollie fan, don't mind them but I'm not a Chlollie shipper either. If you are saying that I think it is a "good thing" that she was technically still with Ollie at the end...I guess not but it is better than Clark.

Comment

What really sucks, to me, is that -- in my opinion, Jimmy Olsen was the perfect character to pair her up with since she was an original character who was only known as Lois's cousin. But, when Jimmy...I mean, Henry Jimmy Olsen came around, I always saw it as a legitimate way to tie her to Superman somehow, even though being Lois's cousin wasn't bad either.

Then, they crapped all over it for the sake of Davis Bloome and we all know how that turned out.

With all that said, I have always felt that Chlimmy was one of the truest representation of a real-life relationship I've ever seen apart from Lois and Clark.

It was just real, because both of them had their own problems, like: Chloe's unresolved feelings for Clark, her secret keeping, Jimmy not feeling like he was good enough, his drug problem, etc.

But hey, Chloe Sullivan is Jimmy's ex in his comics so I guess it lives on. I don't much care for Oliver, never have.
            Last edited by Aries83; 02-25-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              What really sucks, to me, is that -- in my opinion, Jimmy Olsen was the perfect character to pair her up with since she was an original character who was only known as Lois's cousin. But, when Jimmy...I mean, Henry Jimmy Olsen came around, I always saw it as a legitimate way to tie her to Superman somehow, even though being Lois's cousin wasn't bad either.

Then, they crapped all over it for the sake of Davis Bloome and we all know how that turned out.

With all that said, I have always felt that Chlimmy was one of the truest representation of a real-life relationship I've ever seen apart from Lois and Clark.

It was just real, because both of them had their own problems (Chloe's unresolved feelings for Clark, Jimmy feeling a consolation prize and thinking he wasn't good enough...and the drugs).

But hey, Chloe Sullivan is Jimmy's ex in his comics so I guess it lives on. I don't much care for Oliver, never have.
              I agree with you on Chimmy, I watching season 6 right now and I still miss them...

Comment

When did the writers say she'll always pine for Clark? News to me.

Comment

I'm rather meh on the whole situation with Chlollie. There were a few episodes where I enjoyed them and thought they worked. However, there were some leaps that were a bit too hard to swallow. For example in Masquerade, she just agreed to be his girlfriend and now they are married. That's a bit farfetched for me. I think it will be left open ended for everyone's interpretation. Personally, I don't think Oliver was the perfect guy for her and I didn't think Jimmy was either. I liked her and Clark's friendship but ultimately the affection was one sided.

So as for her romantic arc, I always felt she got the short end of the stick in that regard. Is ending with Chlollie bad for me? Absolutely not. Is there someone better out there for her? Yes, imo. I thought what happened with Jimmy after Doomsday was downright terrible and disrespectful.

Maybe a couple seasons ago but they haven't said anything close to that in the past few years. If the once or twice a season episode that covers that Chloe is over Clark wasn't enough.
                  Last edited by Connor_Kent; 02-25-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I know...maybe they meant she would always love him but that doesn't mean she will always be "in love" with him if you know what I mean.

Comment

I never thought she would, for the record, but I think a lot of people just read into it because she really never got her chance with Clark. He agreed to go to the Spring formal dance with her, but then left her there to save Lana. I'm not sure Chloe fans ever forgot that. And who could forget her love letter in "Fever?" Hearing Clark utter someone else's name after she bared her soul to him...it had to hurt her.

Her feelings at the time were so genuine that by the time she got with Jimmy, everyone just ASSUMED that she was settling and still "hoping" Clark would see her.
                      Last edited by Aries83; 02-25-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_Kent
                        I'm rather meh on the whole situation with Chlollie. There were a few episodes where I enjoyed them and thought they worked. However, there were some leaps that were a bit too hard to swallow. For example in Masquerade, she just agreed to be his girlfriend and now they are married. That's a bit farfetched for me. I think it will be left open ended for everyone's interpretation. Personally, I don't think Oliver was the perfect guy for her and I didn't think Jimmy was either. I liked her and Clark's friendship but ultimately the affection was one sided.

So as for her romantic arc, I always felt she got the short end of the stick in that regard. Is ending with Chlollie bad for me? Absolutely not. Is there someone better out there for her? Yes, imo. I thought what happened with Jimmy after Doomsday was downright terrible and disrespectful.
                        This is how I feel.

And seems like a lot of it was left in offscreenville. The Chlollie marriage was just referenced at the end for like a minute at the end and that was that, that was just odd. And turned out to be a Vegas drunk thing which I dunno I don't really like and I dont think anyone dreams of getting married like that, but I guess as long as the fans are happy it's good so that's what should matter in the end. But I'm with you I'm pretty meh about it as well but I'm glad she got her happy ending
                        Last edited by Shootza; 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

1. Did Chloe end up with the perfect person for her? Why or why not?No, chloe was never really invested in this relationship to begin with. They didnt end up together anyway, its was left open

2. Who is Chloe's soulmate? Explain. I dont believe chloe believes in such things. i dont either

3. What relationship will always be your favorite Chloe relationship? (Fantasy pairings allowed)chloe & jimmy

4. Were you sold on Chloe and Oliver? NEVER

5. Do you think Chlollie is a better relationship than Chlark was (romantically speaking, NOT friendship wise). As friends with benefit? YES

6. Were you satisfied with Chloe's romantic life all together (this season and all the series)? its not important to me, im more invested in the characters individually .

7. How did you feel about Chlollie this season? Zzzzzzzzzzzz

8. Were you happy with the Chlollie wedding (whether fake or real)? pissed off.

9. Are you satisfied with the ending to Chloe's romantic life?Dont really care.

10. Was this the ending YOU imagine? Better? Worse? Underwhelming

Comment

I prefered her with Jimmy.The whole Chollie deal seemed too forced to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Aries83

It was just real, because both of them had their own problems (Chloe's unresolved feelings for Clark, Jimmy feeling a consolation prize and thinking he wasn't good enough...and the drugs).

But hey, Chloe Sullivan is Jimmy's ex in his comics so I guess it lives on. I don't much care for Oliver,
                              ITS, chimmy was a real relationship for chloe, they can never erase that. Chimmy will always be a reminder of what a gimmick, fake and contrived chlollie is and will always be.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎