Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think they should have made a reference to Kim Manners in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think they should have made a reference to Kim Manners in this episode?

Just curious to find out if others here think they should have made a reference to Kim Manners in that "real fake" world. Maybe have someone portray him & be the one who helps them take Virgil down. Then again, I don't know if that would have been possible with the mood of the episode.

I actually thought about that, but I think it would have been weird with the tone of the episode. I just can't think of how they could make it work without being disrespectful to his memory.

Comment

It was a funny episode, so it wouldn't have fit the tone of the episode. And I think it would been disrespectful to have an actor to play him on the show. No reason to go there, they have already expressed how much they appreciated him.

Comment

I think, with the type of episode this was, a reference to Manners or homage wouldn't feel right, imo. I think what the homages he was given during season four were just right.

Comment

After they pseudo shot up Kripke in Meta World, they could’ve continued playing the Western music and Bobby could’ve popped up outta nowhere wearing a stylish cowboy hat and mouthed the word ‘KIM’ and then turned and walked off into the sunset. Kind of a literal tip o’ the ol’ cap to a stand up ol’ chap. Where’s my retainer?

Comment

They did make a reference to Kim Manners in the background of this epi. The studio they were filming au!supernatural on was called "KM Motion Picture Studios". I thought it was a nice nod to him.

Comment

Yes, they did. I agree Megan, I thought it was a nice nod too.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleaddict15
                They did make a reference to Kim Manners in the background of this epi. The studio they were filming au!supernatural on was called "KM Motion Picture Studios". I thought it was a nice nod to him.
                Nice grab, I noticed the name but it didn't register as a nod to Kim. I thought maybe it was a racial slur against Canadians where "KM Motion Picture Studios" stood for Kraft Macaroni Picture Studios. I thought the red maple leaf was a reference to all the maple syrup we're always consuming. Live and Learn.

Comment

Well, the studio in Vancouver was actually changed and named after Manners, so it wasn't really a reference/nod for that specfic episode.
                  Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-26-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                    Yes, they did. I agree Megan, I thought it was a nice nod too.
                    I thought it was very fitting, and low key, but enough for people to pick up on

Originally posted by highdro_pharmer
                    Nice grab, I noticed the name but it didn't register as a nod to Kim. I thought maybe it was a racial slur against Canadians where "KM Motion Picture Studios" stood for Kraft Macaroni Picture Studios. I thought the red maple leaf was a reference to all the maple syrup we're always consuming. Live and Learn.
                    That is in interesting take on "KM" and the maple leaf lol

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                    Well, the studio in Vancouver was actually changed and named after Manners, so it wasn't really a reference/nod for that specfic episode.
                    Well it was a recent change, so I think it's still a nice nod that they kept that name of the studios in there and didn't change it like they changed a few other things in the epi.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎