Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No surprise for me.
    remember warrior

Comment

She should take credit for making Clark what he is. Without her, Clark has no brain.

Comment

I have always liked chloe since season 1, but the constant overpimping and elevation of the character into this superhuman being has left me not so caring, rather ambiguous and just saying finally!! and good riddance.

sigh of relief

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
          I'm not exactly the biggest supporter of either Chlark or Clana... in fact I probably prefer Clana to Chlark, but I'd say that Chloe was a much more positive influence than Lana.
          What I meant was that at least in Lana's case, the praise came from someone else, not from Lana herself. Modesty has never been one of Chloe's character traits, but in this case, it was a little too much for my taste.

Her return/sendoff arc was completely over the top, IMO. She left in Lazarus, globetrotted for a few weeks, met several superheroes, by Ambush she was the leader of the SS, the heiress of Checkmate, rescued the team by Collateral, is now a ninja chick that can beat guys three times her size, can fire two guns at the same time, she's living this extraordinary romance with Oliver, she's clark's inspiration, continues to be a super techie and will now be a writer/reporter while discovering superheroes around the world. Kind of too much for my taste, it's like the writers are trying so hard to portray her as awesome that it comes out as completely fake.
          Last edited by Bizarrolover; 02-25-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

If it were the exact same situation she had with Clark in that brief time then I want to see the mind wiping, angst, secrets and sexual tension with Batman and Wonder Woman.

Honestly though she said she wants to help heroes doesn't mean she will inspire them or guide them.

Comment

Most notable word in the title of this post: "self-proclaimed".

Comment

I didn't get the impression that Chloe was wanting to inspire heroes, just that she was going to start looking for more and possibly act as a hook up to the growing network, or should I say League...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Pipes
                  She should take credit for making Clark what he is. Without her, Clark has no brain.
                  Me an a friend were joking around last week about how Clark would be a walking mess if it weren't for people teaching him things, hell his own powers, Martha and Jonathan were the reason he learned how to use most of them, he's never learned anything important alone or without something bad happening to force him to learn.

But I take the comment to mean that she was good at rallying a team of people with powers to do good, so she's going to go around pointing them in the right direction.

Comment

First off, this line didn't sit too well because Clark has done fine on his own long before Chloe knew his secret. If Chloe takes all of the credit, then that negates the contributions of Jonathan, Martha, Lana, Pete, and Lex over the years.

Comment

My only real issue was that she said she was the FIRST person to believe in him and that's not true. Jonathan and Martha believed in him before anyone else.

I thought that made the line insincere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                        At least in Lana's case, it was Imra the one who propped her up and told her she was one of the reasons why Clark would become the hero he would be.
                        That's true.

Originally posted by Cybartien
                        Clark's parents have been by his side his entire life, took him in when they didn't have to, they raised him, shaped his morals and values, and THAT is why Clark is the man he is now, and will be in the future. Like everyone else his whole being is shaped by his upbringing.
                        This hasn't been addressed very often in recent years. I've been under the impression by the writers that Chloe is the air that everyone breathes and gives them life and meaning.

Originally posted by Darth Pipes
                        Clark did have a good working brain in the first 4 seasons, until it was removed and given to Chloe, while his balls were taken by Lana.

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
                        Honestly though she said she wants to help heroes doesn't mean she will inspire them or guide them.
                        I believe that her exact words were that she was going to go out and inspire other heroes in the world.

Originally posted by melissan02
                        Most notable word in the title of this post: "self-proclaimed".
                        I know that we have to consider who the source is. I think that the writers went too far by even implying it. It's bad enough with how the series has progressed since Season 5 when Clark was dumbed-down, now they've actually gone out and said it out loud. Chloe hasn't gotten enough spotlight on her all of this time I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                          My only real issue was that she said she was the FIRST person to believe in him and that's not true. Jonathan and Martha believed in him before anyone else. I thought that made the line insincere.
                          YES!!! That's what bothered me about her line, as she wasn't the first!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                            My only real issue was that she said she was the FIRST person to believe in him and that's not true. Jonathan and Martha believed in him before anyone else.

I thought that made the line insincere.
                            Exactly. And after them came Pete. One can even say Lana was next in line after that because I still remember the episode Crisis from Season 3 where Lana told Clark that she knew he would save her when he asked her why she called him instead of the police when Adam Knight tried to shoot her.

When I heard Chloe utter that line I just did a facepalm.

Comment

I don't think would came off so pandering had she said, "I was the first person to believe in you BELIEVING in yourself" since a lot of the last couple of seasons have been, seemingly, about others believing in Clark, but Clark not believing in himself.

Now, he does...so, it would've made more sense had she said the line above instead of saying she was first person to believe in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Renshai
                                Exactly. And after them came Pete. One can even say Lana was next in line after that because I still remember the episode Crisis from Season 3 where Lana told Clark that she knew he would save her when he asked her why she called him instead of the police when Adam Knight tried to shoot her.

When I heard Chloe utter that line I just did a facepalm.
                                Why? She said the exact same thing in S1 and it made perfect sense since Clark was always the one to save her.

I didn't think the line was too bad and there were definetly worse lines I heard in this arc. I didn't interpret it as her taking credit for creating Clark. So much as her believing and helping Clark become the person who he is today. A lot of people when talking about "the first person to do...." whatever exclude parents because most parents believe in their child and help them through no matter what. So I didn't see the big deal. I could maybe had seen Pete as being the first person outside of family. However, he didn't really help him with hero duty. In the aspect of becoming a hero and saving the world, she was the first person to help him out, be there for him and be his sidekick. What she said was a little much but I think there is truth to the statement she made.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎