Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things CHLARK

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

) If Chloe had called the chapel and told Clark not to worry they weren't married then she HAS to know that she and Ollie were. So --- did she presume that since the memory wipe was there, no one would know but her? And was she meeting Ollie at his place (which is WHERE? Exactly?) or was she skipping town (which is a non-sequitor because the conversation with Chlark was "I'm going to be around). When she said she wouldn't let anyone stop being a hero for her was she planning to tell Ollie goodbye for real? I just don't know. OTOH, I do know her relief and tears when he showed her the wedding certificate felt "real" and that she was very happy with how it turned out (him moving back to Star City to be with her). And BTW, how did he know about the job?
    My theory was that Chloe wasn't actually skipping town right then when Oliver followed her out to the street. She didn't have a reason this time not to say goodbye. I think she was kind of freaking out about what Oliver's reaction was going to be to the news that they got married and needed some time by herself to figure out what she was going to tell him later that night when they met at "his place" (back to the Clocktower?) I'd say it would be fair to suppose that she might have even considered not mentioning the marriage thing and just move to Star City and continue their life there.

As for not letting him stop being a hero for her, that ties back to one of the temptations offered to her...for them to run away together, but no, she instead chose to once again live ON the grid. When Oliver pulled out his half of the certificate, she knew he wanted the same things as she did, no angst, no drama, just a happy ending. How did he know about the job? Connections? Clark? Read one of her emails when she thought he was asleep?

1) So, apparently while under the influence of the Zantanna spiked drink, people did things that were not out of character --- just completely uninhibited.
    Clark seem REALLY concerned that he/they might have done the deed. Chloe was focused first on the wedding but Clark kept staring at the bed. Yeah, he's thought about it.

It's also a little sad because it also suggests that both think that if Lois ran out on Clark (although Chloe felt strongly that wouldn't have happened), Clark would actually turn to Chloe and Chloe would actually marry him. Almost an echo of the back pocket thing. Ah, best not to read too much into it.
    Let's not look at it as back pocket but as realization of who Chloe was to him, that special someone who sticks by him through thick and thin and never runs out when times get hard. (But will run out to save everyone else, sigh)

I still count the whole build up to the Clois relationship as out of no where and severly lightswitched into place so no matter how many times they have Clark try to say that Lois is the women of his dreams, I know differently.

Comment

If this was really Chloe's last episode then I am glad Chloe's many amazing adventures ended with such a high level...of Chlarkiness? From begging to end I felt Chlark more strongly than any other relationship in the episode. I'll miss Chlark!

Comment

For the Chlarker here...

For the Chlarker here they have so many lines in the episode that showed an openning to things in the future. This goes beyond the show and with times changing who knows what happens in comics in the DC universe. Chloe Sullivan's evolution on the show is a combination of so many characters. This is the Superman fan in me I hope they incorporate her into the Superman verse of Comics beyond being Jimmy's ex. There is so much potential here. The lines I paid paticular attention to so we will see what happens.

Comment

^^^So much potential in the realm of DC!

Comment

Allison has the most expressive eyes! It really showed when she told Clark she's always there for him..."you know that, don't you?" Great scene....

Comment

Clark seem REALLY concerned that he/they might have done the deed. Chloe was focused first on the wedding but Clark kept staring at the bed. Yeah, he's thought about it.
              Actually, I didn't think either of them seemed very concerned and I thought that was one of the biggest holes in the episode.

Clark also knows that magic makes him do things that he doesn't necessarily want to do. He certainly didn't want to kiss Zatanna last year but was spelled into doing it. I actually thought that he should have been more concerned when he realized magic was involved since he knows he's vulnerable to magic and that magic can put him in situations that he wouldn't choose to be in if he had agency. However, he still seemed pretty unconcerned about it which I found very odd and very poor writing. The only thing he did seem concerned about throughout the episode was finding Lois and if he had done something to scare Lois off the night before. So either the writing is so bad that I'm supposed to think that Clark just wasn't that concerned about cheating on Lois (highly unlikely considering how much he loves her and the fact that Clark has NEVER been presented as someone who would cheat on the person he loves) OR we're supposed to think that Clark and Chloe realized that they didn't sleep together fairly early on in the episode.

As for him "thinking about it" I'd say that's a fanwank at best. The canon clearly supports that Clark doesn't think about anyone in that way these days but Lois. And even back in Season 6, he was still only thinking about Chloe that way as a last resort. As his backup plan. Not too flattering for Chloe. Which is why I've always believed that both Clark and Chloe deserved better than each other. Chloe deserved to be with someone who would consider he his #1---something that Clark proved over and over again he was never going to do. Who would love her with all his heart and be passionately, madly in love with her as opposed to considering her a backup. She deserved that and I'm glad she found that in Oliver or whoever she ends up with in the future. Clark also deserved better. He deserved to be with someone that he could consider #1 and love madly with all his heart as opposed to settling for someone that didn't fill that void in his heart for a soulmate. Clark didn't do anything wrong in not returning Chloe's feelings in that way. He did nothing wrong. That being said, I was very proud of Chloe for recognizing, finally, that Clark was never going to love her the way she loved him and that she deserved to be with someone who would. I was equally proud of Clark for always being honest about who held his heart---(First Lana and how Lois) and I was proud of him for never entering into a relationship with Chloe knowing full well that her feelings were on a different level than his. Frankly, that would have made Clark a jackass and very insensitive to the reality of the situation. I was proud of both of them for having more dignity and self-respect than that. It was very mature and healthier for both of them that they stayed friends.

I still count the whole build up to the Clois relationship as out of no where and severly lightswitched into place so no matter how many times they have Clark try to say that Lois is the women of his dreams, I know differently.
              If you ignore the actual show canon, distort what actually happened on the show and ignore the hours and hours of screentime that Clark and Lois shared together to get to this point....sure.

Lois is the woman of his dreams. Chloe is not. There is nothing subjective about it. There is no, "I know differently" because this isn't up for debate or opinion. This is what happened on the show. Before Lois, Lana was the woman of his dreams. Not Chloe. Again, what actually happened on the show.

I think Clark and Chloe had a lovely friendship and I appreciate Chloe's role on the show mainly because of people like Jeff above who are such sweethearts and who have always been so kind to Erica Durance. I'm thrilled that the Chlark fans enjoyed the final barn scene for people like Jeff.

And I wish Allison the best in everything she does in the future. She's a lovely woman.
              Last edited by Audrey229; 03-01-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                Actually, I didn't think either of them seemed very concerned and I thought that was one of the biggest holes in the episode.

Clark also knows that magic makes him do things that he doesn't necessarily want to do. He certainly didn't want to kiss Zatanna last year but was spelled into doing it. I actually thought that he should have been more concerned when he realized magic was involved since he knows he's vulnerable to magic and that magic can put him in situations that he wouldn't choose to be in if he had agency. However, he still seemed pretty unconcerned about it which I found very odd and very poor writing.
                On Clark's defence, he was able to pull off Zatana's spell in Warrior, his love fore Lois is stronger than magic, so I'm sure that he would have been able to stop himself in this case too. I guess that waking up alone and fully clothed was a good indication that nothing happened.
                Last edited by Bizarrolover; 03-01-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                  On Clark's defence, he was able to pull off Zatana's spell in Warrior, his love fore Lois is stronger than magic, so I'm sure that he would have been able to stop himself in this case too. I guess that waking up alone and fully clothed was a good indication that nothing happened.
                  No, you're absolutely right.

And let me be clear, I don't think Clark would ever sleep with anyone else---even if he was under a spell.

I just think that was one of the flaws in the writing for the episode. Because, to me, Clark seemed very unconcerned that anything had happened with Chloe. Which means only two things: 1) He realized right away that he would have never cheated on Lois even under the duress of a spell or 2) He just wasn't concerned that he may have cheated on Lois. And frankly, #2 is just ridiculous because that's not Clark at all. He was sweating more in "Warrior" after he realized he had kissed someone else under duress. If he legitimately thought he had slept with someone else under duress...I think he'd probably want to kill himself. Instead, he spent most of the episode worrying that he had said something to scare Lois away or pushed her too hard. Which leads me to believe that both he and Chloe realized fairly early on that nothing happened because it makes no sense any other way. But still...that was bad writing. I think the whole Chlark fake marriage thing was handled very badly. Allison and Tom were cute in their hungover state and Allison was adorable in that wedding gown. But I just didn't think the writing for the whole wedding mixup was very strong.

It seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't think that anything had seriously happened and I don't think in any way the canon in any way supports that Clark was thinking about it or wanting it to happen AT ALL.

Comment

And let me be clear, I don't think Clark would ever sleep with anyone else---even if he was under a spell.

I just think that was one of the flaws in the writing for the episode. Because, to me, Clark seemed very unconcerned that anything had happened with Chloe. Which means only two things: 1) He realized right away that he would have never cheated on Lois even under the duress of a spell or 2) He just wasn't concerned that he may have cheated on Lois. And frankly, #2 is just ridiculous because that's not Clark at all. He was sweating more in "Warrior" after he realized he had kissed someone else under duress. If he legitimately thought he had slept with someone else under duress...I think he'd probably want to kill himself. Instead, he spent most of the episode worrying that he had said something to scare Lois away or pushed her too hard. Which leads me to believe that both he and Chloe realized fairly early on that nothing happened because it makes no sense any other way. But still...that was bad writing. I think the whole Chlark fake marriage thing was handled very badly. Allison and Tom were cute in their hungover state and Allison was adorable in that wedding gown. But I just didn't think the writing for the whole wedding mixup was very strong.

It seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't think that anything had seriously happened and I don't think in any way the canon in any way supports that Clark was thinking about it or wanting it to happen AT ALL.
                    Agreed, not mention the video clearly indicated even drunk his mind was solely on Lois, they were still themselves just on a higher reckless state. Clark still saving the day, but showing off. His basic instincts were still intact it seems. Chloe in the closet and I still say the Lemur put her there and got further with Clark. Or chloe did a ballerina dance drunk and flopped in the closet and fell asleep.

Comment

I got the feeling that Clark thought that he and Chloe had married out of a dare or something stupid drunk people do. However, he should have been concerned, because he was planning to marry, and a previous wedding would sure be a problem. And as for sleeping together, I think they just had one moment of initial panic, and they quickly realized that nothing had happened. I mean, Chloe was inside the closet, entirely dressed, paintyholes and veil included. Clark was also completely dressed and sleeping with a Lemur. There was nothing to lead them to the conclusion something had happened between them in that regard, but blind panic induced by the way there were dressed.

Besides, Chloe firmly stated that it didn't happen, since the beginning, and I don't think they even contemplated that idea for too long. They were to busy worrying about the wedding.

Comment

Clark also knows that magic makes him do things that he doesn't necessarily want to do. He certainly didn't want to kiss Zatanna last year but was spelled into doing it. I actually thought that he should have been more concerned when he realized magic was involved since he knows he's vulnerable to magic and that magic can put him in situations that he wouldn't choose to be in if he had agency. However, he still seemed pretty unconcerned about it which I found very odd and very poor writing. The only thing he did seem concerned about throughout the episode was finding Lois and if he had done something to scare Lois off the night before. So either the writing is so bad that I'm supposed to think that Clark just wasn't that concerned about cheating on Lois (highly unlikely considering how much he loves her and the fact that Clark has NEVER been presented as someone who would cheat on the person he loves) OR we're supposed to think that Clark and Chloe realized that they didn't sleep together fairly early on in the episode.

As for him "thinking about it" I'd say that's a fanwank at best. The canon clearly supports that Clark doesn't think about anyone in that way these days but Lois. And even back in Season 6, he was still only thinking about Chloe that way as a last resort. As his backup plan. Not too flattering for Chloe. Which is why I've always believed that both Clark and Chloe deserved better than each other. Chloe deserved to be with someone who would consider he his #1---something that Clark proved over and over again he was never going to do. Who would love her with all his heart and be passionately, madly in love with her as opposed to considering her a backup. She deserved that and I'm glad she found that in Oliver or whoever she ends up with in the future. Clark also deserved better. He deserved to be with someone that he could consider #1 and love madly with all his heart as opposed to settling for someone that didn't fill that void in his heart for a soulmate. Clark didn't do anything wrong in not returning Chloe's feelings in that way. He did nothing wrong. That being said, I was very proud of Chloe for recognizing, finally, that Clark was never going to love her the way she loved him and that she deserved to be with someone who would. I was equally proud of Clark for always being honest about who held his heart---(First Lana and how Lois) and I was proud of him for never entering into a relationship with Chloe knowing full well that her feelings were on a different level than his. Frankly, that would have made Clark a jackass and very insensitive to the reality of the situation. I was proud of both of them for having more dignity and self-respect than that. It was very mature and healthier for both of them that they stayed friends.

If you ignore the actual show canon, distort what actually happened on the show and ignore the hours and hours of screentime that Clark and Lois shared together to get to this point....sure.

Lois is the woman of his dreams. Chloe is not. There is nothing subjective about it. There is no, "I know differently" because this isn't up for debate or opinion. This is what happened on the show. Before Lois, Lana was the woman of his dreams. Not Chloe. Again, what actually happened on the show.

I think Clark and Chloe had a lovely friendship and I appreciate Chloe's role on the show mainly because of people like Jeff above who are such sweethearts and who have always been so kind to Erica Durance. I'm thrilled that the Chlark fans enjoyed the final barn scene for people like Jeff.

And I wish Allison the best in everything she does in the future. She's a lovely woman.
                        Originally posted by Bizarrolover

Originally posted by Dominicus
                        Agreed, not mention the video clearly indicated even drunk his mind was solely on Lois, they were still themselves just on a higher reckless state. Clark still saving the day, but showing off. His basic instincts were still intact it seems. Chloe in the closet and I still say the Lemur put her there and got further with Clark. Or chloe did a ballerina dance drunk and flopped in the closet and fell asleep.

I agree with all of you.

Clark would have never slept with Chloe. He loves Lois, Lois loves Clark and it has taken us YEARS to get to this point.

Chloe and Clark are friends, that's it. I'm tired of all the Chloe butt-kissing, but it is over, and Chloe fans got what they wanted.. Their friendship wasn't the best, IMO (that honor belongs to Lollie) but it had its moments.

Comment

That hug was pretty damn adorable.

Comment

I have a little theory about this episode (which i finally watched last night) but i am not sure it would be very well receieved here. Lets just say that it involves a very suspicious scorch mark on the ceiling over Clark's bed and how Chloe wound up in the closet, not to mention some interesting inconsistencies that seemed to be deliberately written, and what the true undiscussed side-effect of that Zatana champagne really was... he he he

But only the monkey knows what really happened, lol...

No Chlark, No... scorch mark? Ahem, I mean, No Spark.

(Mel)

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎