Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fortune?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plot lifted out of the film The Hangover. Despite donning the glasses in the previous episode, Clark isn't wearing them in this one (though, that might have more to do with the plot not requiring him to interact with anyone, beyond the people who already knows his secret and a few bad guys).

I liked the continuity with Tess wearing the same dress, that she wore in "Crossfire".

In all likelyhood, this episode was largely done for the actors to just have a chance to enjoy themselves. I do think this episode should've introduced and featured Mister Mxyzptlk (the real one, not Mikhail from S4). It would've improved it (and likely been more fun). Instead we got Zatanna placing a spell on some alcohol and and appearance by Amos Fortune.

This episode also gives some closure to Chloe. It has her moving on from being Watchtower, moving to Star City and getting married to Oliver Queen. I like that they allow her to move on from being Watchtower (something that S9 made it very clear, wasn't good for her). Though, her becoming a journalist again, feels like a step back. Yes, it's been her dream, since she was a child. And for that reason, she should try her hands at other things. Lots of kids have dreams about what they wanna become, but those dreams often changes over time, as they develop new interests. Chloe's been focused on one thing, since before she was eight years old.

She had also completely erased her identity, earlier in the season. Given her past ability to create new identities for people (ex. Kara and the Kandorians), she could've become anyone she wants. The Legion even acknowledged that they had never heard of Chloe Sullivan (suggesting an eventual name change).

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎