Television Ratings for "Fortune"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for Chloe being ratings poison. Nice ratings send of for Miss Mack.
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Yeah! Right! Everyone tuned in to see her GO!(those of us who skipped the first three of her ""arc"

Comment

Originally posted by LuLu
        Yeah! Right! Everyone tuned in to see her GO!(those of us who skipped the first three of her ""arc"
        Mainly following the Glee inebriation theme for the week. "Hangover" pump, also pumping to be a clois-centric episode with the Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, too good to pass up.

Comment

The ratings increased because it was Chloe's final episode. I agree a lot of people want her gone in the final season so that Clark can move forward towards Superman on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
            The ratings increased because it was Chloe's final episode. I agree a lot of people want her gone in the final season so that Clark can move forward towards Superman on his own.
            Agreed.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Was chloe rating poison in the end?, Yes and no.

Hangover probably helped a bit, and credit also goes to AM. Many people probably tuned to see her one last time, doesnt mean they were that invested in chloe as a character, beside i would be curious to find out how a longtime character would be send off, whether I liked them or not, guilty pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRanger
                Was chloe rating poison in the end?, Yes and no.

Hangover probably helped a bit, and credit also goes to AM. Many people probably tuned to see her one last time, doesnt mean they were that invested in chloe as a character, beside i would be curious to find out how a longtime character would be send off, whether I liked them or not, guilty pleasure.
                I think people put way to much stock into how much the general viewer knows what is going on behind the scenes. I am guessing alot of people who watched last nights episode fully expect Chloe to be back next episode and had 0 clue she was coming back on Collateral.

Comment

I think the ratings improved because the clifhanger of the last episode was really powerful. There were several articles in the internet talking about Conner Kent, plus above all the news that Michael Rosenbaum will be back for the finale.

Comment

The Chloe rating issue, for me at least, was not that Chloe was rating poison, rather it's the fact that she isn't a ratings bonanza either. Had she been gone 3 or 4 seasons before she returned I'm sure we'd have seen a nostalgic leap in the ratings, but she was on the show last year and even in an episode earlier this season. Why would the audience think she had left or was leaving the show?

The return of Lex will hopefully bring in a big audience. But it's a shame this final season has been so uneven, which includes episodes in this arc. IMO Masquerade was the best of the arc because it remembered the show was about Clark on his way to becoming Superman and that his disguise was ultimately the only one that matters. It ended with Clark deciding to wear glasses and it finally had some nice interaction with Clark and Lois, ultimately the only relationship that matters

So I'd give Maquerade some credit for the upturn. Also TV Guide chose Fortune as an "editor's choice" which no doubt helped too. Though oddly enough their description of the episode didn't mention Chloe. My TV grid description didn't mention Chloe either. It was about Lois looking for her missing engagement ring And like it or not fun episodes do draw in viewers that don't like the dark stuff. And I predict next week, unfortunately, the ratings will be lower. It won't be sweeps anymore and the dark tone returns. I hope I'm wrong, but that's usually how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                      I think people put way to much stock into how much the general viewer knows what is going on behind the scenes. I am guessing alot of people who watched last nights episode fully expect Chloe to be back next episode and had 0 clue she was coming back on Collateral.

or they underestimate how much the general viewer knows of what happening in the show.

Comment

I think showing Clark with a Lemur brought up the ratings but that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by batfinx
                          My TV grid description didn't mention Chloe either.
                          My TV grid says Smallville staring Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum every week.

Comment

Have we had this from the CW yet? If we have, feel free to disregard

The CW was #2 last night in A18-34 (1.0/4) and M18-34 (1.2/5). Versus last week, The CW’s Friday night was up 9% in total viewers (2.4M), 11% in A18-34 (1.0/4) and up 9% in M18-34 (1.2/5) and M18-49 (1.2/4)

SMALLVILLE was up in most key demos last night versus last week, up 14% in total viewers (2.5M), up 11% in A18-34 (1.0/4) and flat in A18-49. SMALLVILLE ranked #2 in the hour in A18-34 (1.0/4), M18-34 (1.3/5) and M18-49 (1.3/4)

SUPERNATURAL was #1 in the hour in M18-34 (1.2/4-tie) and #2 for the hour in A18-34 (1.0/4). SUPERNATURAL held steady from last week in key demos, including total viewers (2.2M), and A18-49 (1.0/3) and was up 10% in M18-49 (1.1/3)
                            Last edited by cloisthelegendbegins; 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                              I think showing Clark with a Lemur brought up the ratings but that's me.
                              Me too. That lemur was ratings gold!

I'm bummed about next week- my area has decided to pre-empt the show yet again but ratings wise we're in a pretty nonexistent area. *sigh*

Comment

this

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎