No announcement yet.

That's it? 5 minutes for the glasses?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it? 5 minutes for the glasses?

So I don't know about anyone else, but I've been waiting YEARS for the glasses to make their permanent debut. Seriously, this is one of the most important, iconic events in THIS Clark's life, the producers have delayed it long enough for no reason whatsoever.

THen in the end, the glasses get 5 minutes at the end of a CHloe/Chlollie lovefest?

WTH? It's been a week, and I still haven't gotten over it.

I criticize AlMiles a lot, and still think they did their best to trash Clark, but one thing I will say, they gave due importance to each of Clark's powers and milestones, we used to get one whole episode dedicated to each one of his powers.

Now BP and KS show us THEIR priorities by making the glasses not the A, not the B, but the C plot of an episode where CHlollie were the A plot and Chloe's inner struggles were the B plot!

Not only did we NOT get to see Clark wearing the glasses for a few more minutes and the impact he has on other ppl at the DP, the producers thought the event was SO anticlimatic, they didn't even end the episode with it!

NO, we were forced to watch yet ANOTHER Chlollie scene and end with the not so dramatic finish of Oliver succumbing to the darkness for the 10th boring time. Couldn't they have put that scene before, and ENDED the damn episode with a shot of Clark wearing the glasses?

NO, that's too much to ask for in a show SUPPOSEDLY about Clark's journey, rather than Chloe's journey

WHat was the point of the stupid fight scene for example, except to pander to shippers in the most blatant way possible? Sorry, CHloe is NOT Black Canary, and showing her confidently taking down FBI agents won't convince anyone but the shippers are being blatantly pandered to during this stupid arc.

THere are several better ways to tick the "chlolle kiss and exchange ILY's face to face" off the checklist the writers have been RACING through in a lame attempt to make a rushed CHlollie wedding even slightly believable.

Also a 100 better ways to discover that the FBI agents were Mr and Mrs Jones' backup, which wouldn't have involved making Oliver and CHloe look stupid as heck by aggressively attacking FBI agents and making things worse instead of better like they always do, and once AGAIN forgetting to include Clark in their stupid plans to get kidnapped as usual..

COuldn't we have cut down that OTT, completely contrived and unbelievable scene and give that ST to Clark and the glasses?

I guess not, Clark really has become a third class citizen since CHloe the real hero came back, and this was one of the most insulting things the producers could have done, and I thought they couldn't top Collateral and Supergirl.

Every second that passes where the producers shove Clark and his important moments in the backgound and shove CHloe more and more in my face ala S8, makes me grateful that today is CHloe's last episode, and hopefully I'll never have to see her again.

I'll never ever get over this, Clark putting on the glasses getting shoved into the background for Chloe's sake, when they KNEW that he wouldn't be wearing them in Fortune either.

Thanks a lot, BP and KS, you guys seriously suck!
    Last edited by humera; 02-25-2011, 09:30 AM.

The glasses felt like an afterthought. This doesn't change the fact the Oliver/ Chloe stuff was the A-plot while Clark's secret identity issue was the B-plot. I agree that this episode clearly shows us where their priorities are at. The two plots involving the glasses and Desaad are not related at all. You need two episodes for this kind of thing.

I'm still not sure what Chloe's purpose is in Clark's final journey towards Superman. What she has been doing so far has nothing to do with Clark thus making her return to be unnecessary.

Comment

I hope the glasses stay and they werent just to make us fans happy

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
        The glasses felt like an afterthought. This doesn't change the fact the Oliver/ Chloe stuff was the A-plot while Clark's secret identity issue was the B-plot. I agree that this episode clearly shows us where their priorities are at. The two plots involving the glasses and Desaad are not related at all. You need two episodes for this kind of thing.

I'm still not sure what Chloe's purpose is in Clark's final journey towards Superman. What she has been doing so far has nothing to do with Clark thus making her return to be unnecessary.
        Exactly. Chloe's return has nothing to do with Clark. It's just all about her and her precious Ollie with Clark's plot being relegated to C plot.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by humera
        So I don't know about anyone else, but I've been waiting YEARS for the glasses to make their permanent debut. Seriously, this is one of the most important, iconic events in THIS Clark's life, the producers have delayed it long enough for no reason whatsoever.

THen in the end, the glasses get 5 minutes at the end of a CHloe/Chlollie lovefest?

WTH? It's been a week, and I still haven't gotten over it.

I criticize AlMiles a lot, and still think they did their best to trash Clark, but one thing I will say, they gave due importance to each of Clark's powers and milestones, we used to get one whole episode dedicated to each one of his powers.

Now BP and KS show us THEIR priorities by making the glasses not the A, not the B, but the C plot of an episode where CHlollie were the A plot and Chloe's inner struggles were the B plot!

Not only did we NOT get to see Clark wearing the glasses for a few more minutes and the impact he has on other ppl at the DP, the producers thought the event was SO anticlimatic, they didn't even end the episode with it!

NO, we were forced to watch yet ANOTHER Chlollie scene and end with the not so dramatic finish of Oliver succumbing to the darkness for the 10th boring time. Couldn't they have put that scene before, and ENDED the damn episode with a shot of Clark wearing the glasses?

NO, that's too much to ask for in a show SUPPOSEDLY about Clark's journey, rather than Chloe's journey

WHat was the point of the stupid fight scene for example, except to pander to shippers in the most blatant way possible? Sorry, CHloe is NOT Black Canary, and showing her confidently taking down FBI agents won't convince anyone but the shippers are being blatantly pandered to during this stupid arc.

THere are several better ways to tick the "chlolle kiss and exchange ILY's face to face" off the checklist the writers have been RACING through in a lame attempt to make a rushed CHlollie wedding even slightly believable.

Also a 100 better ways to discover that the FBI agents were Mr and Mrs Jones' backup, which wouldn't have involved making Oliver and CHloe look stupid as heck by aggressively attacking FBI agents and making things worse instead of better like they always do, and once AGAIN forgetting to include Clark in their stupid plans to get kidnapped as usual..

COuldn't we have cut down that OTT, completely contrived and unbelievable scene and give that ST to Clark and the glasses?

I guess not, Clark really has become a third class citizen since CHloe the real hero came back, and this was one of the most insulting things the producers could have done, and I thought they couldn't top Collateral and Supergirl.

Every second that passes where the producers shove Clark and his important moments in the backgound and shove CHloe more and more in my face ala S8, makes me grateful that today is CHloe's last episode, and hopefully I'll never have to see her again.

I'll never ever get over this, Clark putting on the glasses getting shoved into the background for Chloe's sake, when they KNEW that he wouldn't be wearing them in Fortune either.

Thanks a lot, BP and KS, you guys seriously suck!
        Honestly, this is nothing new. Clark is a mere afterthought when it comes to these producers. The AOS and AOS 2.0 (Chloe's return) proves it. We waited 10 years for him to finally acknowledge the biggest development in his journey towards becoming Superman, his secret identity, and they crammed into a 5 minute scene in an episode featuring Chloe and Chlollie. Sigh
        Last edited by Cloisdestined; 02-25-2011, 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

WTF???

What are you talking about, OP??

The ENTIRE episode was devoted to the glasses! What are the glasses? = IDENTITY!

If the episode is to be criticized, it's due to the heavy-handedness of the themes and subplots.

Yes the glasses-SCENE was five minutes; but it was merely the cultimation of the entire episode's themes!!

Chloe learns she's not the same person, Ollie learns of the concequences of his earlier mistake, and Clark learns that "Clark Kent" is the disguise - and thus he will need a physical disguise for The Blur.

It was written very well; you obviously just didn't pay attention to the entire episode it would seem.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎