Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what's missing (and what I miss)...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what's missing (and what I miss)...

The intersect 1.0

Remember that? Remember how fun it was to watch Chuck stumble around trying to deal with all the information he has in his head? How many times has he flashed on something this year...accidentally? Twice? Maybe three times? The weird thing is that he was upgraded to Intersect 2.0...which means he should still have all the baddie info in his head...yet he has been horribly written all year and limited to those "I need to defend myself so I better download kung-fu" moments.

This show isn't even Chuck anymore. Feels more like Gossip Girl with the occasional gunshot.

You make a good point. In this episode Chuck and Sarah and the girl (Vivian?) are hiding in the stables when Chuck shakes his head. Sarah turns to him, and right in front of Vivian she says "Did you flash?" Is the Intersect even a secret anymore? Does anyone care about it? Evidently not.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
      You make a good point. In this episode Chuck and Sarah and the girl (Vivian?) are hiding in the stables when Chuck shakes his head. Sarah turns to him, and right in front of Vivian she says "Did you flash?" Is the Intersect even a secret anymore? Does anyone care about it? Evidently not.
      Not to be a nitpicker, but I think what she said was "I've got an idea. Chuck you need to flash."

But your point still remains very valid. Last week he blatantly flashes on the car bomb (from the piece that was lodged in Carina's leg) and blurts out a name he should not know in front of 3 people who don't know he's the Intersect - or at least shouldn't know - and this week, Sarah basically tells the daughter of a very bad man that Chuck is the Intersect, without literally saying it; the dad, who by the way, Chuck just got put away a couple months ago (in Show time).

Not sure why it really bothers me, but it does. Used to be a time in this show that they went to great lengths to protect that knowledge and now, its almost like the Intersect is no longer all that valuable to not only the NSA/CIA, but enemy groups either.

Comment

I agree with everything everyone's saying. The writing is so different (and sadly, much worse) than the fantastic early seasons. I miss the innocence of Chuck, and the days when Sarah would kill an unarmed man in cold blood on the off-chance that he might be able to tell someone after they break him out of a high-security prison that Chuck is the Intersect. They really don't give a toss who knows anymore, do they?

I would be joyously happy if they somehow managed to get rid of Intersect 2.0 and left sweet, nerdy Chuck again. It'd give Casey more stuff to do by protecting him, and I'd enjoy the episodes a lot more.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎