No announcement yet.

Bad English Stereotype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavetheAvatar
    I loved the episode, but yeah... I hated the "British" accents. Do people genuinely think we talk like that?
    It was probably better they used some old pre-war Britain way of speaking than the slang used in England these days, no one would have a scooby what was being said otherwise, lol. Bally ho, what what!

Comment

Having thought about it a bit more, if they really had gone to London it's unlikely they would have heard an English accent let alone an American version of an English accent

Comment

Such an outcry over a couple of simple lines... sheesh.

If they had gone with Ali-G I doubt you'd have been happy either.

Just can't please some people.

hehe

Comment

It cracked me up at how stupid was
          I literally haven't heard anyone over here say 'chap' since Mary Poppins
          I really hope it was purposely meant to sound silly because surely they know what English people actually sound like after Callum :')

Comment

Bad English Stereotype

I love smallville and I got really excited when Clark was in London but maaannnn that English stereotype on the video was borderline offensive ha

Comment

are you talking about the accent?

Comment

All of it lol, 'isn't that the bluuur, shouldn't eee be across the pond, well the chap's here now'

it's all terrible ha

Comment

Originally posted by SupesMann
                  All of it lol, 'isn't that the bluuur, shouldn't eee be across the pond, well the chap's here now'

it's all terrible ha
                  Something like Zod with an accent talking to Lois as the Blur. Wasn't very convincing to me.

You couldn't prove the badness of the England scene by me. Just how many people would notice unless you lived there.

Comment

I dunno, it just kind of made me laugh

Comment

Haha, yeah, 'cause everyone in England either sounds like the Queen or Del Boy Trotter (lol) . And I know London's the capital and Big Ben's tower is pretty iconic, but a scene like that could've been far more original. They just can be arsed trying, lol.

Comment

well I do live there lol, it's how we used to talk in the very early 1900's, you normally hear this accent on SNL when they are parodying English characters in very early Hollywood films

Comment

It's always in moments like that I think American's are kinda cute for thinking we are like that

God, we so aren't...

Comment

i don't wanna sound like im hating, I love the show, and I found it funny aswell, im just saying it's a terrible stereotype thats all really haha

Comment

Anyone who thinks we sound likr that and act all posh. Watch an old series of Skins, thatll set you straight :P

Comment

It is a terrible stereotype but I did find it funny.. its the 'chap' and the accent that got me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎