Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad English Stereotype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you insist on a shot of the London Eye just watch the first episode with the Ninth or Eleventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
      And Americans are all that matter?
      No. But by the same token, Brits aren't all that matter either and we can't expect the show to pander to us by giving huge panoramic shots of London in a scene that lasted thirty seconds.

Originally posted by Dyanara
      :raises hand: I do And every other word is bloody he11
      I wish we bloody well did talk like that, it'd be bloody hilarious

Originally posted by Tekken Force
      *headwall* The London Eye wasn't even in the shot though, that's what I was trying to say. It was just a pooey representation of London imo.
      Sorry, I misread - but my point remains the same.
      Last edited by Mars Investigations; 02-19-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madcatlady
        I missed hearing Callum Blues "Bluur" with his accent...we need more of that!

But yeah, the chap thing's a bit much. "The Blur's here! Jolly Good! Let's have some tea and all that! Yeah baby!"

At least they didn't call him a wanker.

Comment

Callum really is either British or Irish so he wasn't putting on a front.
          Should we have some comments and thoughts on how Americans talk?

Comment

Hey don't you guys have that gigantic ferris wheel as well?
            That is the Eye. Its the focal point of New Years celebrations. There is a big-ish Ferris wheel in most British cities. I know that Liverpool and Manchester have one each.

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
            No. But by the same token, Brits aren't all that matter either and we can't expect the show to pander to us by giving huge panoramic shots of London in a scene that lasted thirty seconds.
            Its stock footage comped in. Is it too much to ask that it comes from this decade?

You all sound like Cletus.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              I can't stand it. Isn't the actor Canadian anyway? And, if I remember correctly, he had no British accent in the morgue scene...it reminds me of when Madonna tried to say that her British "accent" was real because she lived in London for a time. Give me a break.

Edit: I thought y'all were talking about Desaad...LMAO.
              Even still just because you are from Canada or anywhere else, doesn't mean you can't use an accent. That why they're called "actors".

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tekken Force
              *headwall* The London Eye wasn't even in the shot though, that's what I was trying to say. It was just a pooey representation of London imo.
              Maybe but its a TV show with a small budget. I'm surprised we even got Bigben..
              Last edited by pjack; 02-19-2011, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This is like in every establishing shot of Paris, they have to have the Eifel Tower. And specify in big lettering that it's Paris, France. So's you don't think it's Paris, Oklahoma.

Just be thankful nobody said, "blimey, Gov'ner."

Comment

I have to agree, I'm not English but I don't get the problem with them showing Clark on Big Ben. It was either that or have him on top of Buckingham Palace. There are certain land marks each country has that is largely established with that country whether they have hundreds more or not.
                  England= Big Ben, Buckingham Palace
                  America= Statue of Liberty
                  France=Eifel Tower
                  Egypt= Pyramids
                  Australia= that unique building structure that I really can't think of the name of, but Im pretty sure everyone knows what it is.
                  Italy= Coliseum, maybe The Vatican

Comment

Y'all like, sound like this maaaan.

The chap and guv'nor talk is hilarious. At least it's English! I remember a movie that had Dutch people speaking German. Now THAT was horrible.

Another cliché, having Irish people saying "top o' the mornin' to ya!"

Comment

Australia= that unique building structure that I really can't think of the name of, but Im pretty sure everyone knows what it is.
                      You mean the white opera house at the harbour?

Originally posted by actaeon
                      This is like in every establishing shot of Paris, they have to have the Eifel Tower.
                      Have you noticed that every single hotel room in Paris has a view of the Eiffel Tower?

Comment

LMAO! Oh gosh it sux that when the world thinks of Americans they think of the south speech. Oh gosh help us.
                        Yeah the Irish are all running around with curly red hair and freckles in their leprechaun hats saying "top of the mornin to ya"
                        The French run around saying "mon dieu" in chef hats.

Comment

Ah well, I'm stoned all the time, so it's all good man.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            You mean the white opera house at the harbour?
                            That might be it. That is the shot I see a lot when people travel to Australia to let us know they are on the continent. Either that or a koala bear. JK

Comment

I was laughing at that line as well. It's just too bad Clark didn't have the suit yet so they could have commented on his "red knickers."

Comment

Originally posted by swellde
                                I was laughing at that line as well. It's just too bad Clark didn't have the suit yet so they could have commented on his "red knickers."
                                lol that would be 'red pants'. girls wear knickers... and some men i suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎