Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When clark says "stay put" then stay there!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah..right
    powers= boss of people.
    Got it.

But seriously it may have been better if Clark said that instead of "stay put". I can't imagine many 20+ year olds taking that lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
      Ah..right
      powers= boss of people.
      Got it.

But seriously it may have been better if Clark said that instead of "stay put". I can't imagine many 20+ year olds taking that lightly.
      I don't see it as Clark being the boss of Oliver. I see it as Clark worrying about the emotional stability of his friend and wanting to prevent him from getting hurt by going up against the Darkness when he wasn't in any state to do so. (And obviously, we know from the end reveal with Ollie that Clark was right.)

In a way, I compare it to someone taking someone's keys away when they are too drunk to drive but are insistent that they are going home. Sometimes, you have to wrestle the keys away from them---sometimes you have to be strong and order them to stay or to give you their keys---not because you are trying to order them around but because at the moment their safety (and in this case Chloe's safety too) is more important than their ego.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
        Ah..right
        powers= boss of people.
        Got it.

Since when is Oliver in his 20s? He went to school with Lex which means he is in his 30s.
        And Oliver should have taken his butt back to Star City many seasons ago, he does nothing but gets in the way and causes problems.

Comment

Ah..right
          powers= boss of people.
          Got it.
          There are going to be times when Clark and his abilities are going to make him the right person for the job. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles. In this case, he was the right person to go get Chloe, as we saw on screen. In this case, he was absolutely 100% freaking correct that Oliver was not in the right frame of mind to confront Desaad. In this case, his "stay put" was exactly what Oliver should've done.

I'm not sure why its more important for Oliver's ego to be stroked then it is for Clark to whoosh off and save Chloe, and keep Oliver from a potentially dangerous situation.

What Clark said first was that Oliver was not in the right state of mind to face The Darkness! When Oliver continued to push the issue, thats when Clark said to "Stay put".

Honestly, Oliver is an adult here, right? A big boy, aware of what they're dealing with, and aware of his own limitations vs Clark's abilities? Why should he need to be coddled?

Let me put this another way, has Oliver bluntly stated what was on his mind with Clark in the past?

Comment

I wonder if one of Clark's lessons should be not to trust Oliver. Whenever you involve him he will either stab you in the back, get captured, or cause some kind of trouble.

Comment

You'd also think if he was going on a rescue mission he'd suit up, take the crossbow, compound bow etc. Even if it was Chloe and he was in a hurry.

So he showed up without the suit, fired one arrow and then apparentaly did that cool changaroo thing with the bow so it fit under his coat or something.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                I really wish Clark mentioned all the times when Oliver hasn't listened to him and then something goes wrong. Next time he asks Oliver to stay he should tell him about this moment, of course Oliver will be fully infected by then so it won't matter
                hahahaha good point

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                Green arrow is stubborn like that in the comics, he is not much of a team player. that why its so pointless to have him on this superman show, GA is a hero in his own right, he shouldnt be taking orders from clark.
                i don`t think your point is valid as pertaining to Smallville context...the whole show is a sort of origon retcon
                Last edited by coco#1; 03-18-2011, 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎