Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the latest SV arc so far?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kneel4justice
    Not at all IMO, I realize Clark fans would like more focus, but being a Chloe fan as well as other characters I am thrilled to see she was the focus of this episode its really nice seeing as she was not a regular this season..... I love the arc.
    This has been the most Clark centric season in YEARS. He hasn't had this much ST since Season 4. With the exception of S1 here is the breakdown for the first 14 episodes of each season. I rounded the numbers.
    S2:316 m
    S4:303 m
    S10: 302m
    S3: 291m
    S5: 290 m
    S8:288m
    S9: 265 m
    S6: 250 m
    S7: 231 m

Also just of note in the four episodes Chloe has been in S10 it took S9's first 9 episodes to top her ST.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
      How can you vote on something that hasn't been completed yet?
      Really? You needed to see ALL of Clash of the Titans to determine if it was good or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarro345
        I've really enjoyed this season as a whole. People have been saying that it's too packed with too many arcs and I can see why they're saying that but that's no real different than say Season Six where we also had a lot of plotlines going on at once such as:

*Phantom Zone escapees, which is akin to the Darkseid plot this season where it's the main villain plot but it really only shows up every so often, and mentioned at times.

*The 33.1 plot which seemed to take the focus from the Phantoms a lot out of nowhere, much like the Luthor plot has now been doing to the Darkseid plot(though I've been enjoying the Luthors much more than 33.1)

*And then there was Lexana/Clana/Clex() in that season which was the main big relationship thing going on which also took a lot of focus in Season 6 much like Clois and Chlollie have done in Season 10.

There's always multiple plotlines in every season like last year with Kandorians and Checkmate seeming to have nothing to do with each other, but then connecting in a pretty cool way and the plotlines always seem to converge toward the last batch of episodes which I think will happen this season too. So yes, there have been multiple plots, some I wish had a bit more focus(Darkseid) but the others are still very enjoyable(Luthors!!!) and of course there's the relationship stuff that there is every season(Escape, anyone?)

So yeah, I haven't been dissapointed with this season or the second half so far. Collateral was alright, too much Matrix stuff but also had some good moments. Beacon was pretty awesome and one of my favs this season with the Luthor developments, Clark finally making the big decision to go more public, and the end of the VRA storyline. And Masquerade was also a good episode and had some huge developments for Clark even though Chloe and Oliver seemed to have center stage in the episode.

I've been happy with Season 10.
        The biggest difference with the multiple arc that season though, is with the Phantoms it wasn't one big baddie of the season but rather a buildup of several zoners leading up to the Bizzaro clone that would follow for much of season 7. Clark dealt with the zoners in those episodes before facing the last phantom in the finale, which would become Bizzaro for season 7. In between looking for and battling zoners, Clark had to deal with 33.1. However, part of 33.1 was moved forward with Lex looking for the zoners himself and using their DNA (such as with Titan) to create his super soldiers to battle the super heroes. So those two arcs, while standing alone, also played into each other.

The Darkseid/VRA/Luthor arcs, at this point, stand completely alone and have yet to connect in any way. Now, there is still a good bit of season to go and that may change, but at this point it has looked like a jumbled mess. You are right that many of the seasons, especially the later seasons, have multiple arcs but many of them at this point of the season would have at least made some kind of connection. Each could advance along with each other instead of one advancing at the expense of leaving another on the back burner until the writers are ready for it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfSteel87
          The biggest difference with the multiple arc that season though, is with the Phantoms it wasn't one big baddie of the season but rather a buildup of several zoners leading up to the Bizzaro clone that would follow for much of season 7. Clark dealt with the zoners in those episodes before facing the last phantom in the finale, which would become Bizzaro for season 7. In between looking for and battling zoners, Clark had to deal with 33.1. However, part of 33.1 was moved forward with Lex looking for the zoners himself and using their DNA (such as with Titan) to create his super soldiers to battle the super heroes. So those two arcs, while standing alone, also played into each other.

The Darkseid/VRA/Luthor arcs, at this point, stand completely alone and have yet to connect in any way. Now, there is still a good bit of season to go and that may change, but at this point it has looked like a jumbled mess. You are right that many of the seasons, especially the later seasons, have multiple arcs but many of them at this point of the season would have at least made some kind of connection. Each could advance along with each other instead of one advancing at the expense of leaving another on the back burner until the writers are ready for it again.
          The level 33.1 arc went nowhere. We heard about it. People investigated into it and we had one meteor freak come out. At then end of the episode we found out Lex covered it all up. That was the last we heard about it. Yes, it somewhat connected with Lex experimenting with Titan's DNA but nothing of consequence occured during the Level 33.1 arc. An extension of that arc popped up two seasons later in the premiere of S8 with Tess setting them free and gathering some of them to form the Injustice league which was only touched upon in three episodes. The very last episode connected the injustice league to Doomsday.

Darksied, VRA, SS and Luthor arcs are all connected to one another. Godfrey started the public forming doubt about the heroes/vigilantes. Then the VRA got passed and was ran by individuals infected by Darkseid and his minions. Darkseid slowly started corrupting more of the public and creating doubt but Clark, Martha, Lois and Chloe fought back and restored hope in the public revoking the VRA. The VRA plot was all because of Darkseid. The SS arc was obviously connected because they opposed and fought against the VRA through cruel tactics.

The Luthor plotline has only vaguely connected with Darkseid in Abandoned when Lionel dropped Tess off at GG's orphanage and GG wanting Tess on her side. I personally see that as barely connecting but if you consider Lex experimenting with Titan's DNA as connecting the 33.1 and Zoner's plot line than this should be counted too. It's yet to be seen if the Luthor plotline will further connect to Darkseid but both plot lines have been developing. Lazarus, Supergirl, Abandoned, Patriot, Icarus, and Masquerade developed the Darkseid plot line. Lazarus, Isis, Harvest, Abandoned, Luthor and Beacon developed the Luthor plot line. Lazarus, Shield, Ambush, Patriot and Collateral developed and finished the SS arc. Harvest, Ambush, Patriot, Icarus, Collateral and Beacon developed and finished the VRA plotline. With the exception of Homecoming every episode has progressed the major villain plotlines.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfSteel87

Well, technically, Darkseid and the VRA do connect. I mean, it was the darkness that lead people like Godfrey and Slade to perpetuate and facilitate dislike/hate for the "vigilantes."

The Luthor arc is something else. It may not specifically link to the darkness, but the Luthors are definitely a part of Clark/the Blur/Superman's life in cannon and on the show. They (at the very least, Lex) needed to be addressed. I, personally was really impressed with how they brought Lionel back. He is fantastic... and Lucas Grabeel was another wonderful re-addition...

I honestly think that these obstacles are shaping Clark up in a really good way.... and while I wasn't crazy about a story like, "Isis," even that episode had some really wonderful elements that helped his development.

**Good call Connor_Kent. I forgot about Lutessa in Granny's orphanage.
            Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

If the question is referring to the 3 episodes post-hiatus, I've enjoyed them greatly. They were a huge step up from mostly boring Lazarus and overrated Homecoming.

Comment

I've liked the arc so far.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎