Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Clark Kent is the disguise and he's always been the Blur...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Clark Kent is the disguise and he's always been the Blur...

...or something along those lines. I missed this part. Can someone elaborate what exactly happened?

I hate it, utterly hate it with a burning passion. One sentence he said he wants to stay true to his parents, then in the next he contradicts himself. UGH

Comment

Actually, just as you said it. Wondering when the Superman name will pop up...

Comment

Not really considering that's how it's done in the comics currently, Clark Kent is 2 things he is a person himself with family and friends but he is also the Mask for Superman, i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
          I hate it, utterly hate it with a burning passion. One sentence he said he wants to stay true to his parents, then in the next he contradicts himself. UGH
          I hate that too.....I prefer he being CK & Superman the disguise.

Comment

The best way to interpret the Superman Clark Kent dynamic is that he is equally both he is one man changing the way people look at him all his sides are valid.

Comment

Honestly, I thought that was put together perfectly, and no one can best describe it then Bill from Kill Bill 2:

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

Comment

To be honest, I think there are three identities:

Clark, the invisible and clumsy mild-mannered reporter.

Superman, the god-like figure the world sees him as.

Who he really is. Not an amalgamation of them both but the sides that no one but his friends and family see. He's super, yes, but he has his own personality as well.

Comment

He basically says that no matter what name he goes by as long as he gets to help people and stays true to himself which goes for both the Blur as well as Clark Kent and Superman.

Comment

love that scene from that movie, because what he says is true. clark kent is the mask.

Comment

Originally posted by amidaladaae

Who he really is. Not an amalgamation of them both but the sides that no one but his friends and family see. He's super, yes, but he has his own personality as well.
                      That's how the comic All Star Superman plays it.

Comment

This is exactly what I wanted. Clark as the disguise, and Superman as the man. Because, really, as Superman/Blur he can be himself, he can be everything he is, he doesnt have to hide his powers or anything about himself. It's just more natural that Clark Kent be the disguse.

Comment

The fact Clark is the mask is another reason what seperates Superman from other Heroes, its a good thing, because its his decision and it's how he chooses to live his life its a huge sacrifice he makes which makes him a better man for it.

Comment

I loved that entire speech. The point is, yeah he's paying respect to his parents by being the man that they raised. The man that they raised is the blur/superman. Clark Kent was just a name. I loved the theme of this episode. A name is just a name.

Comment

Originally posted by amidaladaae

This. Great post! I agree completely!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎