Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Clark Kent is the disguise and he's always been the Blur...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a difficult subject in a complicated one. My take on it is this. This series started out being Clark Kent being the person with no disguise. I remember early on in the series when Clark would even say to people that he does not even know who kal-el is. And he wanted to be Clark Kent, normal kid, normal problems, normal life. But as we saw throughout many seasons. He had to step up and be a hero, now I am not saying Clark Kent cannot be a hero. Just by being human. However, every time he had to be a hero Clark had to use the blurs/kal-el powers which indicates to me that the blur was the hero and not Clark. We have also seen in the series, time and time again that when you isolate one side of Superman/the blur (meaning of the blur is the combination of Clark andkal-el). Bad things happen.
    We know that kryptonian are more logical. For example in the recording of Clark's parents in abandoned Clark's father says he sent Clark. With all his knowledge, none of his ego or regrets. Also, we know from last year's seven episodes the kryptonian Council was willing to sacrifice the human race. So that they could survive. Furthermore, when Clark had decided to go for blur at the end of season eight, and beginning of season nine he illustrated more logic than compassion for people. I.e., he burned down an entire building, because he knew the future had to change no matter what the cost. I think Lois from Lois and Clark said it best when she stated something along the lines of this "you live above us and watch over of us. Now I am not saying that Superman does not care about the human race may think if he was not part of everyday and had friendships etc. he would be more logical and probably go with sacrifice one to save 1000 train of thought like a fortress did in the premiere of season five. This also occurred in the premiere of season four, when the fortress took away his humanity
    Humans are more emotional than logical, as shown in the most recent episode, where Clark's use logic to reason with Oliver. But Oliver was too emotional to medicine, and therefore got into trouble as we know. Clark has shown that he is more emotional than most kryptonian who have been in the series, which gives him and us as a race. The ability to have hope with all hope is lost and gives clerks the ability to find other answers to solutions besides the logical sacrifice one save 1000 mentality. This is shown when Chloe is infected by brainiac and the Legion want to kill her to stop them; because Clark is emotionally attached to her he will not allow it.
    Season 10 is great in my opinion, because Clark finally has balance. Clark Kent/Superman/blur are finally equals to one another. I think people are missing the point. Clark has so far in the last 10 years that he has humanity which is represented by Clark Kent has changed is finally in balance with himself. Clark has as brainiac said in homecoming, decided to become a hero. No one forced upon him. His father tried, but never succeeded, because when you for someone to do something they will not do it they have to choose to do it themselves.
    That is why I believe Superman never tried to force his beliefs on people he lets them choose freely and want to use kind of like Morpheus in the matrix. He can show his door, but we have to walk through it, and his father said as much as well. "They can be a great people kal-el. If they wish to be. They only lack. The light to show them away. So Superman is not here to save us. He is only here to teach us how to save ourselves. And the way to save ourselves become heroes may be not heroes in the physical sense but to send an example for others to follow.
    Clark is right when he is called does not matter. I mean after all, this show has shown us that he has been called the traveler, Clark Kent, kal-el, the blur etc., All the names are referring to the same person. Ultimately, there is one name that most accurately describes all of these names, and that is Superman. The fact that Clark made Clark Kent is human form as the disguise does not mean that Clark is not hero and the true person. It just means that he does not want to hide the fact that he is different. Anymore, while still maintaining a normal life, which is a big step for him in my opinion. It shows that he is not afraid to accept that he is different from the rest of us, which is something he has always been afraid of. Also, part of the idea to make Clark Kent disguise. Probably came from watching all his human friends, dressing up as heroes. Clark could have thought, they show their abilities when they are wearing costumes, and not their average to a close so why do not I. (Clark's costume in this case would be his jacket with the shield on it).
    Clark Kent is Superman, humanity. However, Superman is Clark Kent and Clark Kent and Superman. They are one and the same. I mean, Clark Kent exemplifies the same traits as Superman. If he thought of himself as two different people, would not he have two sets of standards for himself? One Superman, and one is Clark Kent. Martha and Rachel from Batman begin, said it best "it is not for you or underneath, but what you do, that defines you." Remember just my opinions

Comment

• Clark saying he's always been the Blur is like saying he's always been Superman which is totally untrue. And if it's true it's against the basic premise of Smallville.

They throw around badly worded and thought out concepts and don't bother to explain them. What Clark said here and what Chloe said in "Fortune" being the first to believe in the hero are really retarded and pretentious and is crapping all over what SV has achieved and shown us over the years.

Comment

• This is a VERY delicate matter...but come to think of it, hasn't Clark been saving people since DAY 1? If "The Blur" (and consequently, Superman) is what Clark can do and what he wants to do, then we could take another POV...we could say that Clark spent A GREAT DEAL OF TIME whining and complaining, and feeling sorry about being all he is, and pretending to be something that he IS NOT, even with those closest to him. Sooo, there IS a measure of validity to this idea, if we say, yes, Clark after Homecoming lets go of the past, accepts the "a hero is made in the moment" doctrine and finally ACCEPTS HIMSELF FOR WHO HE IS. Come to think of it, with the few friendly exceptions (and, of course, us the fans) almost NONE in Smallville has ever known Clark Kent as who he *truly is*. And in the wider public, all those who have met him, have met him as The Blur, future Superman. Sooo, in all actuality, i am not sticking to silly semantics. If this guy wants to be a hero, and believes THAT is the core of his being, the guy who stands up for his high ideals and inspires people BUT ALSO MUST PROTECT, somehow, those he loves, ergo...? ergo (therefore) its immaterial whether "Clark Kent" becomes a disguise. If who our hero TRULY is is something that must be kept a secret, what better way than hide in plain sight?

I just don't see why so many people are whining. Clark was the guy who will e Superman ever since he was born. It just took him sooo many goddamn years and TEN FREAKING SEASONS OF SMALLVILLE to figure that one out!

(and yes, all this makes perfect sense, but i WILL agree...the fact our arguments make sense DOES NOT mean that the writers thought so deeply or so intently!)

Comment

• Originally posted by menthys
          I just don't see why so many people are whining. Clark was the guy who will e Superman ever since he was born. It just took him sooo many goddamn years and TEN FREAKING SEASONS OF SMALLVILLE to figure that one out!
          I don't like the Kill Bill view point "Superman was born Superman". He had the powers and did do good, but he wasn't a superhero up until S8 and even then he lacked the costume, the symbol. He had the Red-blue blur and later the Blur title but he wasn't that person the whole time. It took many years and a lot of developement from him. In S7 he was ready to give up being a hero and stay at the farm with Lana, not using his abilities to benefit mankind. That's not Superman, that's not a superhero...that's not even a hero.

And yes, this applies to "Spider-Man No More" too. It's the moment he comes back as a hero embracing himself to the fullest that he becomes Spider-Man again. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to feel normal or that he belongs, just like Clark. But they both choose to be the superhero.

If Superman was destined to become Superman then why did Clark Luthor become Ultraman instead? A polar opposite to Superman.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎