No announcement yet.

Chlark almost kiss scene? Really?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Audrey229
    Well...I think the problem with this interpretation is that Clark doesn't view Chloe as a missed chance. I can understand why Chloe might view Clark that way. But I don't think it's a two way street and I don't think it ever has been for CLARK. Clark was very much in love with Lana (and always had been) and then after Lana left....he didn't look at Chloe. He fell in love with Lois. He never really saw Chloe as a legitimate choice. Sadly, Chloe always seemed to be his back-up plan or the person he would turn to when he couldn't be with his #1 so that he wouldn't have to be alone. And sadly, this is something that he literally confirmed out loud in "Crimson" when he admitted that he was keeping her in his back pocket. As crazy as that episode was, it outlined pretty clearly where Clark's head and heart were with the women in his life at that point in time. He was in love with Lana, he was physically attracted to Lois and he was keeping Chloe in his backpocket.

And you know...as someone who used to really like Chloe....I wanted better for her. I wanted her to find a man who would put her first and truly look at her like she was the most beautiful creature on the planet and consider her his #1. Clark was never going to be that man for Chloe. He proved that over and over again. For 10 years, Clark looked for his soulmate. He never felt complete. He looked for her in Lana and eventually found her in Lois. But in all that time....no matter how close he was with Chloe....he was never complete in that way with her.

Now, let me be clear on something: I have never once believed that Clark did ANYTHING wrong in not returning Chloe's feelings the way she wanted him to. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in wanting to be with Lana all those years. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in falling in love with Lois as opposed to Chloe once Lana left. I don't think Clark EVER did anything wrong. You love who you love. And as much as I felt for Chloe....Clark was not to blame for his feelings.

That being said, as much as I have struggled with Chloe's character in the past few years, I could legitimately understand if Chloe felt a sense of hurt or resentment when Clark fell in love with Lois. Why? Because for several years, Chloe had been Clark's friend. And she had waited for years for Clark to look at her that way. And then Lois and Clark wind up the Daily Planet together and sparks start flying between them. Now, again, I don't think Clark or Lois did anything wrong nor do I think they wronged Chloe in any way. But I can understand how deep down that might have felt to Chloe kind of like, "I can't freaking believe this." It's sort of like the dunk tank scene from "Facade" all over again. That scene, in it's simplicity, said a lot about how shocking it was for Chloe to realize that Lois was a threat when it came to Clark. And Chloe recognized it right away in that scene.

My point with this is....I was not offended as a Cloiser by the hallucination scenes.

Is it pandering? Maybe. But I also think it's a way of acknowledging that Chloe harbored very deep feelings for Clark for a long time and there is a part of her that perhaps still harbors some feelings of lust. In that moment, Clark was essentially offering her what he NEVER offered her in real life. In 10 years, Clark literally never uttered those kinds of words to Chloe. He said those kinds of things to Lana and to Lois but never to Chloe. And yeah....in the hallucination she was tempted. I think it would have been more out of character if she was NOT tempted. Of course she was tempted by Clark.

And Lois showing up was acknowledging that Lois did wind up getting one of the things that Chloe wanted: Clark. Let's be blunt here. Lois shares a bed with Clark. She's marrying him. So yes...even if Chloe is over Clark....I can understand why a hallucination like that might shake her up. And I don't think acknowledging that there might some lingering envy over what Lois and Clark share together means that Chloe is a bad person or that she isn't happy for Lois and Clark or that she doesn't love Oliver. Envy is a very real human emotion. To me, it makes Chloe way more real to acknowledge these emotions rather than to pretend they don't exist.

I appreciated a lot of the introspection with Chloe tonight. It felt real to me for the first time in a long time.
    I agree with this.

I didn't mind the illusions at all either.

Comment

I did not have a problem with the almost kiss I actually started laughing....it reminded me of Transference with LLClark messing with Chloe's mind almost kiss as well.... good thing it did not happen to her but, to Lana *yuck*

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

By the way great post Audrey
      Last edited by LoveHurts38; 02-18-2011, 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't think acknowledging that there might some lingering envy over what Lois and Clark share together means that Chloe is a bad person or that she isn't happy for Lois and Clark or that she doesn't love Oliver.
        Don't forget that Chloe was the first person to be a champion for L&C. Remember the scene in Hydro after Clark dressed up as the Green Arrow and kissed Lois? If she truly wasn't happy for either of them, she wouldn't have tried to suggest that they might be perfect for each other in earlier seasons.

Comment

I'm so tired of BQM's crap.

Comment

Whooooooohoo Chlark still got it!!!!! HOTTTTTT!! ......

Damm show ... that was low ..... but I loved it !!!!!!! After all the crap I got from you S8 and S9..... I will take this wonderful sexy Chlark time bone for now ..... see ya next week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samanthalyn720
              Wow, this is probably the most rational thing I have read from a Cloiser concerning the Chlark relationship. I think it's awesome that you aren't dogging Chloe for her past feelings for Clark. And I can definitely agree that those feelings are hard if not impossible to fully put away.

It does kind of make me roll me eyes when the writers are still bringing up Chloe's unrequited love/lust for Clark. But in this episode it was kind of interesting.
              Thanks. I'll be completely honest that I have struggled with some of the things Chloe has done in the past few seasons. But that's not really the issue here. I have never felt angry at Chloe because she had feelings for Clark. In the early seasons, I felt truly bad for her. Because...how many people have been there? Yet, at the same time, it always makes me angry when I hear that Clark somehow wronged Chloe by not loving her. No...he didn't. Clark didn't do anything wrong in not returning those feelings We love who we love. And Clark would have been doing them both a disservice by being with her. Clark deserved to be with someone that he loved passionately with all his heart---someone that truly completed him. And Chloe deserved to be with someone who would look at her the way that Clark looked at Lana and now looks at Lois. She deserved someone to put her #1.

I don't think this episode was suggesting that Chloe truly feels anger at Lois or that she thinks about Clark all the time. I think it just acknowledged that sometimes when we really love someone....we can have lingering feelings of confusion when they don't love us back.

I actually would have appreciated Chloe voicing some of these issues when Clark and Lois first got together. Because despite the fact that I'm a Clois fan through and through...I can UNDERSTAND them.

And I can understand how from Chloe's perspective....Clark falling in love with Lois probably felt like a huge, "You've got to be freaking kidding me." Not because Chloe doesn't love Lois and not because Chloe was still pining over Clark. But because....Chloe had basically spent years loving Clark and wanting him to love her. She spent years playing second fiddle to Lana. And who does Clark wind up falling in love with after Lana is out of the picture? Her cousin. I ::get:: that feeling of envy. It doesn't make Chloe a bad person. Who wouldn't feel that way?
              Last edited by Audrey229; 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                Whooooooohoo Chlark still got it!!!!! HOTTTTTT!! ......

Damm show ... that was low ..... but I loved it !!!!!!! After all the crap I got from you S8 and S9..... I will take this wonderful sexy Chlark time bone for now ..... see ya next week!!!
                I know it was awesome and although it was definitely a tease it was so worth it.

Comment

The point is that they didn't kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                    The point is that they didn't kiss.
                    Barely.... Chloe had to struggle so hard there ...... and Clark ...... ohh farmboy you still know how to get to her huhhhhhhhhhh??!!!

Comment

Barely.... Chloe had to struggle so hard there ...... and Clark ...... ohh farmboy you still know how to get to her huhhhhhhhhhh??!!!

Tom and Allison still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena
                        Tom and Allison still got it.
                        What can I say? Best chemistry ever!! IMO

Comment

Well...I think the problem with this interpretation is that Clark doesn't view Chloe as a missed chance. I can understand why Chloe might view Clark that way. But I don't think it's a two way street and I don't think it ever has been for CLARK. Clark was very much in love with Lana (and always had been) and then after Lana left....he didn't look at Chloe. He fell in love with Lois. He never really saw Chloe as a legitimate choice. Sadly, Chloe always seemed to be his back-up plan or the person he would turn to when he couldn't be with his #1 so that he wouldn't have to be alone. And sadly, this is something that he literally confirmed out loud in "Crimson" when he admitted that he was keeping her in his back pocket. As crazy as that episode was, it outlined pretty clearly where Clark's head and heart were with the women in his life at that point in time. He was in love with Lana, he was physically attracted to Lois and he was keeping Chloe in his backpocket.
                          And this right here? Pretty much has always summed up Chlark for me - as far as Clark's POV on it goes.

Chloe really is like Comic Book Lana Lang in this regard, poor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                            Don't forget that Chloe was the first person to be a champion for L&C. Remember the scene in Hydro after Clark dressed up as the Green Arrow and kissed Lois? If she truly wasn't happy for either of them, she wouldn't have tried to suggest that they might be perfect for each other in earlier seasons.
                            No, that was JIMMY

In Crimson, Chloe kept insisting that Clark and Lois were a terrible idea when Jimmy tried to set them up on V-day... then Jimmy tried to set them up AGAIN at his wedding, when he talked to Lois... awww, Jimmy was the hugest Cloiser

Even last season, in Idol and Charade, Chloe encouraged Clark to NOT be honest with Lois... that wasn't very supportive in my opinion!!

Comment

Clark is a good looking dude and he was saying all the right things. He even said that he just wanted a kiss to see if they really did miss their chance. No one would know because they wouldn't spill the beans.

We all have physical urges and she almost gave in to hers.

Comment

What can I say? Best chemistry ever!! IMO
                                Ever!!

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Kevin24
                                Clark is a good looking dude and he was saying all the right things. He even said that he just wanted a kiss to see if they really did miss their chance. No one would know because they wouldn't spill the beans.

We all have physical urges and she almost gave in to hers.

I would have been a goner, he had me at " I though I had lost you".
                                Last edited by Athena; 02-18-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎