Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlark almost kiss scene? Really?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good for them to bring it up. Their relationship has always been a big part of the show, so it's good that the writers haven't forgotten about it.

Comment

This only confirms that Chloe has been thinking about Clark in that way. Even though she wont give in and she has been obviously trying to move on. I think this shows that she will always have feelings for him, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by lexluthor408
        i don't get this whole chlark thing. i never once have seen clark remotely interested in chloe. in the end of season 1 it definitely felt he went to the dance with her by default. and it took pete to get him to do so. i always see chloe wanting clark but not the other way around. so why do you guys root for this?
        at this point it's more for nostalgic purposes than anything else. in my case, anyway.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
        I don't get why every episode has to have a nod to them?
        every episode? all we've had in this season was the one hug in Collateral and that was a friendship thing.
        Last edited by SVfan87; 02-18-2011, 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think it was awesome, jumped out of my chair. Even though it wasn't real they are so awesome on screen together it just made my night.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
          This only confirms that Chloe has been thinking about Clark in that way. Even though she wont give in and she has been obviously trying to move on. I think this shows that she will always have feelings for him, imo.
          I agree.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SmallsFan247
          I'm sorry but if I were an actress on smallville they would just have to let my character tap that lol(Chloe is Awesome...I love the lil Chlark shoutout sides noone would have known about the kiss, what's a lil kiss amongst best TV friends and oh say millions of fans worldwide?!
          Last edited by Athena; 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am not a Chlarker and I liked the scene. I thought it showed that Chloe would always love Clark but she was moving on...even though we saw indications of that over the years already.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena
              As a Chlarker I loved the scene even though it was all in Chloe's mind any chance to see their awesome chemistry is a plus in my book but yes a Kiss would have been even better.
              A kiss would mean Chloe can easily give into the Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                A kiss would mean Chloe can easily give into the Darkness

I know so I guess I'm glad she was strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by lsarmiento21
                  Did they really have to go there? Come on! Thank God they didn't kiss!!!
                  Once again Chloe/Chlark fans are thrown an unnecessary bone.

Originally posted by Hal-Jordan
                  i think i have to be honest and say if that did happen i would have thrown my laptop out the window in anger.......
                  Yes.

Originally posted by bennyjr123
                  I just remember watching it and thinking; "people are gonna be pissed....."
                  Yes. And I was also like Chlarkers are going to be creaming..

Comment

LOL I don't know about you guys but that reminded me of Clark Luthor, my wife and I thought for a second it was the alternate universe but it turned out to be some illusion or something.

But that entire scene with Clark, Oliver and Lois explained so much about Chloe and it definitely did confirm things about Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by smallville fan
                      I wanted to hurl when I thought for a minute that "pretend Clark" and Chloe were going to make out in tonight's episode (did NOT want that picture in my head). Although I was still annoyed to see confirmation of Chloe's lust for Clark and jealousy of Clois.

I really thought Chloe had moved beyond that.

If anything I think this was confirmation that she is not lusting or jealous of Clark and Lois.

Comment

The scene was only put in there to make Chloe realize she was seeing an illusion perpetrated by Desaad, nothing more.

Comment

It was like when Tess had a vision last season, but when Oliver said he loved her, then SHE KNEW IT WASN'T REAL.

Chloe knows Clark wouldn't want to kiss her, so it was easy for her not to give into the illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by WildGoatTamer
                            It wasn't about Chlark almost kissing it was about their 'missed chance'. Everyone knows that Chlark should have had their 'chance' in season 6 after their kiss in season 5. It was just TPTB paying homage to that, to acknowledging that which Millar & Gough refused to even though they started it.

I liked it, as a Chlark fan TPTB have been great to Chloe and Chlark, I think it's really great that they show such respect.
                            Well...I think the problem with this interpretation is that Clark doesn't view Chloe as a missed chance. I can understand why Chloe might view Clark that way. But I don't think it's a two way street and I don't think it ever has been for CLARK. Clark was very much in love with Lana (and always had been) and then after Lana left....he didn't look at Chloe. He fell in love with Lois. He never really saw Chloe as a legitimate choice. Sadly, Chloe always seemed to be his back-up plan or the person he would turn to when he couldn't be with his #1 so that he wouldn't have to be alone. And sadly, this is something that he literally confirmed out loud in "Crimson" when he admitted that he was keeping her in his back pocket. As crazy as that episode was, it outlined pretty clearly where Clark's head and heart were with the women in his life at that point in time. He was in love with Lana, he was physically attracted to Lois and he was keeping Chloe in his backpocket.

And you know...as someone who used to really like Chloe....I wanted better for her. I wanted her to find a man who would put her first and truly look at her like she was the most beautiful creature on the planet and consider her his #1. Clark was never going to be that man for Chloe. He proved that over and over again. For 10 years, Clark looked for his soulmate. He never felt complete. He looked for her in Lana and eventually found her in Lois. But in all that time....no matter how close he was with Chloe....he was never complete in that way with her.

Now, let me be clear on something: I have never once believed that Clark did ANYTHING wrong in not returning Chloe's feelings the way she wanted him to. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in wanting to be with Lana all those years. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in falling in love with Lois as opposed to Chloe once Lana left. I don't think Clark EVER did anything wrong. You love who you love. And as much as I felt for Chloe....Clark was not to blame for his feelings.

That being said, as much as I have struggled with Chloe's character in the past few years, I could legitimately understand if Chloe felt a sense of hurt or resentment when Clark fell in love with Lois. Why? Because for several years, Chloe had been Clark's friend. And she had waited for years for Clark to look at her that way. And then Lois and Clark wind up the Daily Planet together and sparks start flying between them. Now, again, I don't think Clark or Lois did anything wrong nor do I think they wronged Chloe in any way. But I can understand how deep down that might have felt to Chloe kind of like, "I can't freaking believe this." It's sort of like the dunk tank scene from "Facade" all over again. That scene, in it's simplicity, said a lot about how shocking it was for Chloe to realize that Lois was a threat when it came to Clark. And Chloe recognized it right away in that scene.

My point with this is....I was not offended as a Cloiser by the hallucination scenes.

Is it pandering? Maybe. But I also think it's a way of acknowledging that Chloe harbored very deep feelings for Clark for a long time and there is a part of her that perhaps still harbors some feelings of lust. In that moment, Clark was essentially offering her what he NEVER offered her in real life. In 10 years, Clark literally never uttered those kinds of words to Chloe. He said those kinds of things to Lana and to Lois but never to Chloe. And yeah....in the hallucination she was tempted. I think it would have been more out of character if she was NOT tempted. Of course she was tempted by Clark.

And Lois showing up was acknowledging that Lois did wind up getting one of the things that Chloe wanted: Clark. Let's be blunt here. Lois shares a bed with Clark. She's marrying him. So yes...even if Chloe is over Clark....I can understand why a hallucination like that might shake her up. And I don't think acknowledging that there might some lingering envy over what Lois and Clark share together means that Chloe is a bad person or that she isn't happy for Lois and Clark or that she doesn't love Oliver. Envy is a very real human emotion. To me, it makes Chloe way more real to acknowledge these emotions rather than to pretend they don't exist.

I appreciated a lot of the introspection with Chloe tonight. It felt real to me for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                              Well...I think the problem with this interpretation is that Clark doesn't view Chloe as a missed chance. I can understand why Chloe might view Clark that way. But I don't think it's a two way street and I don't think it ever has been for CLARK. Clark was very much in love with Lana (and always had been) and then after Lana left....he didn't look at Chloe. He fell in love with Lois. He never really saw Chloe as a legitimate choice. Sadly, Chloe always seemed to be his back-up plan or the person he would turn to when he couldn't be with his #1 so that he wouldn't have to be alone. And sadly, this is something that he literally confirmed out loud in "Crimson" when he admitted that he was keeping her in his back pocket. As crazy as that episode was, it outlined pretty clearly where Clark's head and heart were with the women in his life at that point in time. He was in love with Lana, he was physically attracted to Lois and he was keeping Chloe in his backpocket.

And you know...as someone who used to really like Chloe....I wanted better for her. I wanted her to find a man who would put her first and truly look at her like she was the most beautiful creature on the planet and consider her his #1. Clark was never going to be that man for Chloe. He proved that over and over again. For 10 years, Clark looked for his soulmate. He never felt complete. He looked for her in Lana and eventually found her in Lois. But in all that time....no matter how close he was with Chloe....he was never complete in that way with her.

Now, let me be clear on something: I have never once believed that Clark did ANYTHING wrong in not returning Chloe's feelings the way she wanted him to. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in wanting to be with Lana all those years. Nor do I think he did anything wrong in falling in love with Lois as opposed to Chloe once Lana left. I don't think Clark EVER did anything wrong. You love who you love. And as much as I felt for Chloe....Clark was not to blame for his feelings.

That being said, as much as I have struggled with Chloe's character in the past few years, I could legitimately understand if Chloe felt a sense of hurt or resentment when Clark fell in love with Lois. Why? Because for several years, Chloe had been Clark's friend. And she had waited for years for Clark to look at her that way. And then Lois and Clark wind up the Daily Planet together and sparks start flying between them. Now, again, I don't think Clark or Lois did anything wrong nor do I think they wronged Chloe in any way. But I can understand how deep down that might have felt to Chloe kind of like, "I can't freaking believe this." It's sort of like the dunk tank scene from "Facade" all over again. That scene, in it's simplicity, said a lot about how shocking it was for Chloe to realize that Lois was a threat when it came to Clark. And Chloe recognized it right away in that scene.

My point with this is....I was not offended as a Cloiser by the hallucination scenes.

Is it pandering? Maybe. But I also think it's a way of acknowledging that Chloe harbored very deep feelings for Clark for a long time and there is a part of her that perhaps still harbors some feelings of lust. In that moment, Clark was essentially offering her what he NEVER offered her in real life. In 10 years, Clark literally never uttered those kinds of words to Chloe. He said those kinds of things to Lana and to Lois but never to Chloe. And yeah....in the hallucination she was tempted. I think it would have been more out of character if she was NOT tempted. Of course she was tempted by Clark.

And Lois showing up was acknowledging that Lois did wind up getting one of the things that Chloe wanted: Clark. Let's be blunt here. Lois shares a bed with Clark. She's marrying him. So yes...even if Chloe is over Clark....I can understand why a hallucination like that might shake her up. And I don't think acknowledging that there might some lingering envy over what Lois and Clark share together means that Chloe is a bad person or that she isn't happy for Lois and Clark or that she doesn't love Oliver. Envy is a very real human emotion. To me, it makes Chloe way more real to acknowledge these emotions rather than to pretend they don't exist.

I appreciated a lot of the introspection with Chloe tonight. It felt real to me for the first time in a long time.

Wow, this is probably the most rational thing I have read from a Cloiser concerning the Chlark relationship. I think it's awesome that you aren't dogging Chloe for her past feelings for Clark. And I can definitely agree that those feelings are hard if not impossible to fully put away.

It does kind of make me roll me eyes when the writers are still bringing up Chloe's unrequited love/lust for Clark. But in this episode it was kind of interesting.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with the almost kiss. I found the whole scene to be awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎