Special Effects in "Masquerade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's good too, but I wish he'd use more heat vision. God, the most we've had of that was in season 9, and for the last season, I think this should be a special effects big season. We had some of the best action yet in season 9.

Did Clark save Chloe in that red jacket, possibly some super speeding effect? Sorry I'm obsessed with FX on Smallville.

Comment

well i am sure they will showcase more of his powers in the remaining episodes.

Comment

Microvision...I so "squeed" when I saw Clark use it.

Comment

It's been 14 episodes already. This should be a Superman season already. It should have began that way in the tenth season premiere, being about how Clark would try stepping into the light, but he was still wearing black by the time he saved Lois and the Metropolis traffic from the DP globe crashing on the street.

I count the red jacket as a special effect, only if Clark travels with it, in action...bullets bouncing off his chest would be nice too. Slow motion...or Clark-time in it would be good. But in so many episodes now, where he could have worn the red jacket in a crisis, last week, he didn't, when he saved Martha and Lionel...but we did see him in pose at the Watchtower...meh. But that's basically all we've seen.

There was a two minute scene with Slade in "Patriot." When AC and Clark swam to the headquarters, Clark could have worn his red jacket, even though it would have gotten weat.

And...what was with "Supergirl"? Facing Godfrey would have been a very good opportunity for Clark to switch gears. But that episode should have been about the citizen's response to the Blur back in red and blue. It's all told off screen, and somehow everyone knows, because the S is painted red on brick walls. How is that so?

As action packed "Icarus" seemed to be, why didn't they have Clark put the jacket on, even while confronting Slade? He wears it at the funeral. Only special occasions.

And..."Abandoned" with a Superman episode, Darkseid's minions, Granny, and kryptonite...I think it would have beena good idea if Clark had considered wearing the blue t-shirt and red jacket under his ace reporter clothes. Come on.

"Isis" may not have been that bad if Clark...you know...but he didn't.

Comment

I'm just wondering.....is heat vision expensive? Because we haven't seen that one in awhile, and last year it seemed like we saw it almost every episode.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
              I'm just wondering.....is heat vision expensive? Because we haven't seen that one in awhile, and last year it seemed like we saw it almost every episode.
              I noticed that heat vision has been very rare this season. My guess is that it was used very often last season to be symbolic of what Clark was going through within himself after what went down in Doomsday and the events leading up to it.

Comment

my guess with heat vision its just not needed for events of saves or what not in episodes.

Comment

The microscopic vision effect was epic, I was like, "damn yeah! thats how Superman's eyes are supposed to look like!". They never used this effect before, they also used some aerial shots and different camera angles! The episode felt really fresh and the effects looked perfectly clean.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎