Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joan Tyler
    They don't really care about the ratings anymore do they? This is the last season...
    Its not like there afraid they won't get another season.
    Well given the way most shows have been performing on the CW, Smallville would be a lock for renewal based on it's ratings that past couple weeks. lol

Comment

!~

Originally posted by Supsfan
      Well given the way most shows have been performing on the CW, Smallville would be a lock for renewal based on it's ratings that past couple weeks. lol

Aside from Smallville and Supernatural...

I could care less if the network shut down for good. Once Supernatural is done... not one single minute of my time will ever be given to CW again.

Worthless network!

Comment

That's not good for the network is it! No wonder they has VD take the place of Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal-Jordan
          Clois deserve's all season long since its kind of the point of the Smallville story and........well its focus is Clark after all.

Fair enough people like Chloe and i can understand that but how it can take priority of Clark is beyond me.
          Don't see why 1,2 episode with Chlollie will disturb clois and clark development.
          In masquerade I could see Clark evolution to superman.
          Many people like me really like Chlollie in SV and we really deserve some focus.
          Smallville isn't all about clois and clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
            I am guessing of the 2M+ people who watch the show, if lucky 5%(~100k) have read a spoiler, seen screencaps or watch promo clips

i dont know what 2M plus people do or dont do before smallville airs. The fact is ratings have decreased since Icarus, 300k or so people dont like whats being dished here in the start of second half. 300K is not much but its a very significant number of viewers, its just had to ignore, its not 3000.

sure they are 2M general fans who watch the show nomatter what, and then they are the 100s k who are selective of what they watch, right now chlo'e's "badass" arch is turning those people away, and that is a cause for concern in this finale season. It could see the season slumping in ratings and never recovering until the finale.
            Last edited by MarvelXY; 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Wow. 2.2 million? AND got beaten by Supernatural? Unacceptable.

I blame the CW (IMO). SV's been going downhill in the ratings since they pulled their re-schedling stunt.

Comment

That's not good for the network is it! No wonder they has VD take the place of Smallville.
                If VD went to Fridays, I'm sure their ratings would drop as well. Mark my words, there will be a new shinny show to take their spot some day. They will be moved to Fridays and face the same delimma.

Comment

They don't really care about the ratings anymore do they? This is the last season...
                  Its not like there afraid they won't get another season.

TV show owners always care, they want to go out with a bang in the finale season, it could be a pride thing, they also want the possibility of a spin off, heck they may even be thinking secretly of a s11. They always care.

SV does better than the crap that CW has, so i doubt Cw really cares.

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
                    Wow. 2.2 million? AND got beaten by Supernatural? Unacceptable.

I blame the CW (IMO). SV's been going downhill in the ratings since they pulled their re-schedling stunt.
                    Well in fairness to Chloe and the 'rescheduling stunt', the ratings had started to slide after the Luthor episode. Unless I'm mistaken that was the first episode of Season 10 to lose (nearly 200K) viewers in the second half. Before that the viewing figures increased or stayed roughly the same in the latter half. Ever since Luthor, the Smallville viewing and demo numbers have been diminishing steadily.

That being said, it didn't help that Collateral was such a lousy episode - fairly universally panned by most TV critics. I think the numbers for Beacon would have been much worse if Annette O'Toole and John Glover hadn't been in it. And then Beacon proved to be a mostly terrible episode as well, IMO. So it was pretty obvious (at least to me) that Masquerade was going to suffer as a result.

I really did not enjoy very much on Masquerade, so I predict that Fortune's ratings are not going to bring much joy to The CW either.

The Chloe Sullivan character is very likely not as popular as would be believed, and might even be a deterrent. The acid test will be next week's figures and the figures after that, when Chloe has gone. Time and ratings will tell......

Comment

looks like Craig was right on the money... 2.2 mil

Honestly, I didn't watch and don't plan on watching it because the preview I saw looked dark. All I saw was a murder/crime case, Chloe in danger, evil Desaad, and Clark putting on glasses. People are saying it wasn't as dark as they thought it would be. I love SV, but look, if you want people to watch, don't make the previews so badly misleading...

Comment

Originally posted by time bomb
                        Don't see why 1,2 episode with Chlollie will disturb clois and clark development.
                        In masquerade I could see Clark evolution to superman.
                        Many people like me really like Chlollie in SV and we really deserve some focus.
                        Smallville isn't all about clois and clark.
                        Very good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucktastic
                          I really did not enjoy very much on Masquerade, so I predict that Fortune's ratings are not going to bring much joy to The CW either.

The Chloe Sullivan character is very likely not as popular as would be believed, and might even be a deterrent. The acid test will be next week's figures and the figures after that, when Chloe has gone. Time and ratings will tell......
                          I don't think it's Chloe or Chlollie or whatever. I haven't seen any Chollie in any of the previews I've seen after the show airs and I rarely see Chloe. I didn't even see Chloe in the Beacon preview

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                            If VD went to Fridays, I'm sure their ratings would drop as well. Mark my words, there will be a new shinny show to take their spot some day. They will be moved to Fridays and face the same delimma.
                            TVD would definitely suffer. It's watched by young women mostly, who don't tend to stay in on Friday nights. The show might end up with the same viewing figures after the Live+7 (DVR) numbers are included, but advertizers are only interested in the Live+same day demo. DVR numbers are good for padding out a ratings challenged show, but advertizers are only interested in people watching their commercials. It's not about popularity.

Fortunately (or not, since The CW is only really interested in the W18-49 demo) Smallville is watched by men mostly, who have nothing better to do on a Friday? So, even though Smallville's viewing figures took a hit by moving to the Friday night 'death slot', it could have been much worse if it was a 'girlie' show. Gossip Girl's figures, for instance, would have been decimated if it had been moved to Friday nights.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Christina :)
                            I don't think it's Chloe or Chlollie or whatever. I haven't seen any Chollie in any of the previews I've seen after the show airs and I rarely see Chloe. I didn't even see Chloe in the Beacon preview
                            If you google Smallville you will see that Chloe and Oilver were front and center in online promos for Masquerade. Smallville is watched mostly by men now, and unfortunately the DC fanboys seems to really detest Chloe. But like I said, the ratings were already starting to circle the drain after Luthor.
                            Last edited by Chucktastic; 02-19-2011, 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I actually honestly think--despite the vast variety of ways people can watch shows now--that if the CW had or would promote this show with CLARK'S final steps into his iconic future self, the episodes could draw in more general of an audience. This show has fallen into it's own kind of "niche", like what Gossip Girl, 90210, etc are...that's evident in the consistent 2 million core viewers. It's not bad to be a cult hit (Buffy, X-Files, many, many others), but without something to interest people to what Smallville's core goal is (Clark Kent------>Superman), and actually ADVERTISING it, not just online interviews, etc, then these are the ratings they can expect, I feel.

I'm a huge fan of this show, and I've loved this journey, even the parts I've hated. But even I am weary and just waiting for them to get us to the damn point. IMO, Masquerade was a huge step in the right direction. And I can only hope that the episodes that follow it will build and build.

Unfortunately, from the looks of the promo for Fortune, I'm not too sure how that's going to happen. I'm sure it'll be a fun episode and I look forward to it...but at this point in the series...I'm really wanting to see more building toward that endpoint we've waited TEN years to see. Not a Chloe/Clark "Mrs. Clark/Mr. Chloe" rip off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucktastic
                                Well in fairness to Chloe and the 'rescheduling stunt', the ratings had started to slide after the Luthor episode. Unless I'm mistaken that was the first episode of Season 10 to lose (nearly 200K) viewers in the second half. Before that the viewing figures increased or stayed roughly the same in the latter half. Ever since Luthor, the Smallville viewing and demo numbers have been diminishing steadily.

That being said, it didn't help that Collateral was such a lousy episode - fairly universally panned by most TV critics. I think the numbers for Beacon would have been much worse if Annette O'Toole and John Glover hadn't been in it. And then Beacon proved to be a mostly terrible episode as well, IMO. So it was pretty obvious (at least to me) that Masquerade was going to suffer as a result.

Yeah i guess Scion will tell very well how the "chloe effect" is has been having on the ratings. This is the first time , in a row where four episode (icarus -masquerade) have gone down and down in s10, fortune is likely to be chloe's 4th episode with lower ratings.

Chloe effect on the ratings is real, she is just not as popular as was believed . This is her arch, and was greatly publicised as such, so she does hold some responsibility in how the ratings are going IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎