No announcement yet.

Erica Hitting Tyler

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erica Hitting Tyler

It was sorta Anna-esque, but Tyler had it coming.

I know he was upset and everything, but there are other ways to handle your grief, son.

Tyler chose Anna over his mother and left her after all that mess went down. Dude is askin' for it.

Erica was grief stricken. She needed her son and he was leaving her. It seemed to me that Erica was wanting to tell him the truth about the V's but he wouldn't listen. He just wanted to blame her for his father's death. That was too much for her to bear so she hit him. To get him to stop saying so many hurtful things.

I hope he learns the truth sooner than later and apologizes to his mom. She is trying to protect her family and now the world from the V's.

Comment

Tyler's idiocy and anger was the last straw. She told him Anna was responsible for everything and he didn't give it a moment's thought. He's a lowly traitor and got slapped like one.

The scene was necessary though as it sealed the deal in Erika going rogue.

Comment

Giant spaceships came to earth filled with beautiful people offering their gifts to humanity. Tyler, like most teenagers, was alreay having problems with his parents. Then, Tyler fell in love with Lisa - a V. The beautiful leader of all the V's everywhere, is kind to him and treats him like her own son. She shows him advanced technology, she offers him the chance to travel through space, and to be the very first human to do so.
        Every day, after school, Tyler gets to go on a SPACESHIP and have an enviroment of harmony away from his troubles. He thinks they are of peace and incapable of wickedness.
        Now he hears about the fifth collumn all over TV. They murdered three of his FRIENDS by slitting their throats and hanging them upside down. They were PEACE ambassadors, just like him. His overbearing mother, who's assigned to protect Anna (who's kind to him) talks bad about the V's and hangs out with a priest to says the beautiful, helpful Visitors are evil. She also never told him that maybe the man who raised him might not be his father.
        Now, despite ALL of that, Tyler decided NOT to proceed with the opportunity of the century (being the first human in history to fly an alien spaceship) just to protect his mother from the radical fifth collumn.
        But now, the day after his father returns and right after they start to bond, his father is killed. And guess who did it? The fifth collumn.
        Of COURSE he's upset. Of course he's going to loose his temper when he hears his mom talking bad about the vistiors AGAIN, just hours after his father died. Of course he's going to be pissed when he just decided to turn down the V's for his family and then his father dies, AND of all the days in the world, his mom decides to start talking bad about them. Of COURSE he's going to say things that he'll later regret.
        This is why Erica immediately apologized for hitting him.
        Now, is it really so hard to undertans why Tyler yelled at his mom? Come on now, people.
        Last edited by Meteror Freak; 02-15-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
          Giant spaceships came to earth filled with beautiful people offering their gifts to humanity. Tyler, like most teenagers, was alreay having problems with his parents. Then, Tyler fell in love with Lisa - a V. The beautiful leader of all the V's everywhere, is kind to him and treats him like her own son. She shows him advanced technology, she offers him the chance to travel through space, and to be the very first human to do so.
          Every day, after school, Tyler gets to go on a SPACESHIP and have an enviroment of harmony away from his troubles. He thinks they are of peace and incapable of wickedness.
          Now he hears about the fifth collumn all over TV. They murdered three of his FRIENDS by slitting their throats and hanging them upside down. They were PEACE ambassadors, just like him. His overbearing mother, who's assigned to protect Anna (who's kind to him) talks bad about the V's and hangs out with a priest to says the beautiful, helpful Visitors are evil. She also never told him that maybe the man who raised him might not be his father.
          Now, despite ALL of that, Tyler decided NOT to proceed with the opportunity of the century (being the first human in history to fly an alien spaceship) just to protect his mother from the radical fifth collumn.
          But now, the day after his father returns and right after they start to bond, his father is killed. And guess who did it? The fifth collumn.
          Of COURSE he's upset. Of course he's going to loose his temper when he hears his mom talking bad about the vistiors AGAIN, just hours after his father died. Of course he's going to be pissed when he just decided to turn down the V's for his family and then his father dies, AND of all the days in the world, his mom decides to start talking bad about them. Of COURSE he's going to say things that he'll later regret.
          This is why Erica immediately apologized for hitting him.
          Now, is it really so hard to undertans why Tyler yelled at his mom? Come on now, people.
          I completely agree!

Glad I'm not the only who gets that.

Comment

Where Tyler went too far was making his mother responsible for his fathers death. The idea that she wasnt doing enough to protect the visitors and catch the fifth column was incredibly childish. She was just in a hostage situation and watched her ex husband die in her arms. She was obviously in an emotional state over the whole thing and Tyler takes the most selfish tack humanly possible. She should keep hitting him straight into next season.

Comment

This is the first episode where Tyler's actions make complete sense. I am glad he has gone from V sympathizer to full V ally/neighbor. It gives his character an actual arc and it lets Erika move on from Mommy to full-time 5th column leader.

I am sure they will face off again. And this time, Erika will have more than just a slap for him.

Comment

It was my favorite moment of the entire series. Although, I think the slap was rather weak and lacked the impact that would have really taught Tyler a lesson.

Tyler is the most spoiled and annoying person I have seen on television. I truly dislike him and he is completely irrational. His father just died and he is going to leave his mother to be on the V ship??? He deserves a beating.

Comment

Tyler's attidue was somewhat understandable as someone already pointed out though the last thing he should've done was up and leave his mother. He just better hope he doesn't wind up like that other peace ambassador from V the Final Battle.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                    Tyler's attidue was somewhat understandable as someone already pointed out though the last thing he should've done was up and leave his mother. He just better hope he doesn't wind up like that other peace ambassador from V the Final Battle.
                    He has had a poor attitude the entire series. He is one of the most spoiled children I have ever seen in my entire life. I just grew up in a different environment and if I acted the way he did I would be put in my place really quick.

I don't think his behavior was excusable at all. He blamed his mother for his father's day....wow......

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                      It was my favorite moment of the entire series. Although, I think the slap was rather weak and lacked the impact that would have really taught Tyler a lesson.

Tyler is the most spoiled and annoying person I have seen on television. I truly dislike him and he is completely irrational. His father just died and he is going to leave his mother to be on the V ship??? He deserves a beating.
                      The slap only pushed Tyler even further from his mother. What lacked the 'impact' were Erica's sad choice of words. "It's all Anna's fault! She did it!" Wow Erica, that sounds really mature. I'm sure Tyler is going to believe you now, especially after his father was just shot by fifth collumn in the middle of the street while Anna was up in her mother ship.
                      Erica's biggest mistake was not telling Tyler ANYTHING she knows about the V's throughout the entire course of the series. Four simple words could have stopped him from walking out the front door. 'The V's are lizards!' That would have made him pause. Or she could have said, 'The visitors sent your father into the building!' Or she could have said, 'My last partner was a V and tried to kill me!'
                      Erica is one of the few people on Earth who knows the truth about the V's and that they tampered with her own son's DNA. She's one of the few people who knows that Anna has special plans for him. Does she warn Tyler at all? No. But she bakes him a cake for his birthday. How Sweet.
                      Don't get me wrong, Erica is my favorite character on the show. But maybe if she had spent less time baking his birthday cake and more time showing him Malik's dead body, he would still be safe on the ground and not about to be doetroyed on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
                        The slap only pushed Tyler even further from his mother. What lacked the 'impact' were Erica's sad choice of words. "It's all Anna's fault! She did it!" Wow Erica, that sounds really mature. I'm sure Tyler is going to believe you now, especially after his father was just shot by fifth collumn in the middle of the street while Anna was up in her mother ship.
                        Erica's biggest mistake was not telling Tyler ANYTHING she knows about the V's throughout the entire course of the series. Four simple words could have stopped him from walking out the front door. 'The V's are lizards!' That would have made him pause. Or she could have said, 'The visitors sent your father into the building!' Or she could have said, 'My last partner was a V and tried to kill me!'
                        Erica is one of the few people on Earth who knows the truth about the V's and that they tampered with her own son's DNA. She's one of the few people who knows that Anna has special plans for him. Does she warn Tyler at all? No. But she bakes him a cake for his birthday. How Sweet.
                        Don't get me wrong, Erica is my favorite character on the show. But maybe if she had spent less time baking his birthday cake and more time showing him Malik's dead body, he would still be safe on the ground and not about to be doetroyed on the ship.
                        I feel the same way about it all.

Erica's one my favorite character's too. But she's had many opportunities to tell Ty the truth. The perfect time would have been her and Joe sitting down with him and showing him and explaining it all to him like she did with his dad. It would have been well received if it had came from both his parents. I also think she also should have told Joe that she wasn't really a hostage because he wouldn't have came running if he had known.

And I know others say Ty should have more respect for Erica, but he's been through a lot and he doesn't even know the truth about anything so he can't be grateful for something he doesn't even know about yet. He's constantly being manipulated by Anna. If Erica had told him already then he would be. But right now he's angry with grief and blame his mom for his dad's death. And technically as it was said a 5th column member was responsible for Joe's death. So he's not way off base this time.
                        Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Wow I just don't want to believe that TYLER BLAMED ERICA for Joe's death.He deserved that slap.I think Anna's going to do something bad to Tyler and Tyler's somehow going to find out and live with Erica or maybe Lisa moves in with Erica and Tyler follows her back to home. However it happens, Tyler's coming back to Erica.

Comment

Okay maybe because my mother had to raise us by herself when I was little I feel a little more understanding of Erica's slap. When you are a child being raised by a single parent, especially a mom you grow up faster and try to protect them as well. My sister and I helped my mom at her second job, and I made my sister her snacks when we got home from elementary school and helped with her homework. Tyler is such a loser. I have trouble buying the character because Erica is such a good mom. Sure she screws up but she loves him and does everything she can for him. If anything he should be trying to protect his mom, and be the man of the house. Instead he acts like a glorified 12 year old and just really annoys the crap out of me. lol I could understand if his mom treated him like crap or something, but she doesn't. I just don't find his character very realistic at all considering he's supposed to be a decent human being.

maybe we'll find out that Anna's given tyler some sort of drug at birth to dumb him down lol and draw him to her. Perhaps Lisa could have been somehow given some of Erica's DNA so she can have a child that will treat her like she's worth something.
                            Last edited by EMLostfan; 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎