No announcement yet.

What about all that green...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about all that green...

Here is a nagging problem with the show starting last season and into this season that I HOPE they clear up by the end of the show. What are they going to do with all the Kryptonite laying around and the people who know about it?? Hear me out.

He isn't so super if any Tom, Dick, and Harry with a piece of Kryptonite (That can be found anywhere if you look hard enough), can kick his ass with it. Even a little piece in the hands of a child could take him out.

The government and god knows who else knows his weakness and can exploit it to control him when ever they feel like it; oh and since they also know his secret identity wont have any trouble finding him or the people he cares about.

Even the Suicide Squad which will become a future evil organization knows that the green meteor rock can take him out.

When and how can this stuff be cleaned up, will Queen industries pay billions to go around and collect every crumb of meteor rock around the world? Will the fortress somehow beam all existence of Kryptonite from the Earth? If this still exists at the end of the show or they just ignore the fact that way too many people know about his weakness... Superman just wont seem as as Super... Any thoughts?

P.S. You would think by now the sheer amount of Kryptonite exposure he has gotten would allow him to be more immune to its affects.
    Last edited by Scotchman; 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM.

Originally posted by Scotchman
    Here is a nagging problem with the show starting last season and into this season that I HOPE they clear up by the end of the show. What are they going to do with all the Kryptonite laying around and the people who know about it?? Hear me out.

He isn't so super if any Tom, Dick, and Harry with a piece of Kryptonite (That can be found anywhere if you look hard enough), can kick his ass with it. Even a little piece in the hands of a child could take him out.

The government and god knows who else knows his weakness and can exploit it to control him when ever they feel like it; oh and since they also know his secret identity wont have any trouble finding him or the people he cares about.

Even the Suicide Squad which will become a future evil organization knows that the green meteor rock can take him out.

When and how can this stuff be cleaned up, will Queen industries pay billions to go around and collect every crumb of meteor rock around the world? Will the fortress somehow beam all existence of Kryptonite from the Earth? If this still exists at the end of the show or they just ignore the fact that way too many people know about his weakness... Superman just wont seem as as Super... Any thoughts?

P.S. You would think by now the sheer amount of Kryptonite exposure he has gotten would allow him to be more immune to its affects.
    He does seem slightly less weakened...sometimes. He can use his heat and x-ray vision under its influence. But yes, they need to address this at least once. It's already been overused...everytime he blurs in to save the day I cringe, knowing he's about to flop to the ground.

Comment

In the early 70's, the comics had all Kryptonite on Earth transmuted into "K-iron", in an attempt to reduce it's presence in the Superman books (though kryptonite could still be synthetically manufactured by a variety of known and unknown means, and additional material left over from the destruction of Krypton would continue to fall from space).

In season 2, we did see Lana's Kryptonite necklace neutralized, by Clark's spaceship. Clark could get his hands on a device (which burns itself out afterwards), that neutralizes all Kryptonite, in Smallville (where the vast majority of Earth's Kryptonite is).
      Leaving only a minimal amount of Kryptonite left in existence (pieces tourists have taken with them, after visits to Smallville. And pieces belonging to former Smallville residents, who decided to bring something with them, when they left town).

Comment

I can see a teamup action similar to Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          In the early 70's, the comics had all Kryptonite on Earth transmuted into "K-iron", in an attempt to reduce it's presence in the Superman books (though kryptonite could still be synthetically manufactured by a variety of known and unknown means, and additional material left over from the destruction of Krypton would continue to fall from space).

In season 2, we did see Lana's Kryptonite necklace neutralized, by Clark's spaceship. Clark could get his hands on a device (which burns itself out afterwards), that neutralizes all Kryptonite, in Smallville (where the vast majority of Earth's Kryptonite is).
          Leaving only a minimal amount of Kryptonite left in existence (pieces tourists have taken with them, after visits to Smallville. And pieces belonging to former Smallville residents, who decided to bring something with them, when they left town).
          Yup I suggested a while ago that they should have Clark figure out a way to neutralize most of the Green K. I was thinking of that Sand Superman story too. Your idea is pretty good. I'm sure he can use FOS tech to do this. I mean seriously, this has to happen otherwise Clark would be pretty much useless as Superman in this universe. Unfortunately this would require TPTB to actually give this issue some thought and be interested in showing that Clark actually has brains too, which means this probably won't happen. :/
          Last edited by Exedore; 02-17-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Conner will be there to pick up as the protector of Smallville after Clark goes off to protect the world as Superman.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎