Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wearing the glasses" conclusion poorly reached

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but chuckle when someone spends a great deal of time commenting on not buying the glasses and hairstyle fooling the general public...and how its ridiculous beyond belief,

Its not just fictional suspension of disbelief....Its like the core of that...Question - Why can't even the people in the Daily Planet see beyond the poorll constructed mask...Explanation: because they just can't...it maddened me beyond belief when the Oracle from the Matrix used this circular explanation but 'Superman stuff' is just on a higher plane (sp? - plain) of fictional existence

I'm not bashing the conclusion itself....I think thats silly

I'm bashing the way he came to that conclusion

Okay a masked superhero (Batman, etc) doesn't inspire the hope of maskless Superman.....so the other half has to wear a mask...Fine...but why is he putting on the glasses...Just because his future self did...

$@&^#$%^!!

Comment

Clark wasn't even thinking about being a hero anymore before HC aired. Creating a disguise wasn't on his mind at the time. He wasn't even sure about his future. I remember Clark and Chloe joking about two identities way back in S8. Clark was telling his own future in that scene! I cannot remember what episode is was. Clark never thought the future he seen in HC was possible. In order for future Clark to have a disguise, present Clark has to give him one. PC is responsible for FC's actions. The disguise is his idea, no matter how you try to slice it.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by superfan11
      I think it will work because I don't think anyone will be looking for Superman to be dressing like a regular guy. If you live in a world with no superheroes and all of a sudden Superman comes popping in, are you going to be looking for a guy on the street?

You are probably going to assume he is Superman 24 hours a day. You would probably assume why would he want to be a regular joe like us when he has all of those powers. No one is going to be looking for a news reporter with glasses to really be Superman.
      ITA
      Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 02-18-2011, 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Why do people have such a hard time accepting the glasses as a valid disguise? In the show it comes off as stupid because it was put off for so long. But in the comics nobody at the Daily Planet (Lois included) saw him WITHOUT the glasses. With a different hairstyle and posture and the lifestyle of an average joe people wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Clark Kent and Superman are the same guy. People might notice a resemblence, but nothing more. We as humans tend to exaggerate and add romantic notions to our heroes, build them up to be bigger than they were before. People would not believe for a second that Superman would ever need glasses. As someone said before, why be an average joe when you have powers?

Plus, we are pretty dumb as a race We can be pretty gullible and easily suckered in to believing things.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎