No announcement yet.

Why "Clark" Luthor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why "Clark" Luthor?

When the Kents named Clark, Martha said it was her maiden name, so why is the AUClark called "Clark Luthor"? The Kents have nothing to do with the Luthors!

Just a coincidence I suppose

Comment

I haven't logged in here in 4 years. Did so because I had the same question. Would have made better sense to have him named "Julian Luthor". Giving him the name Lionel had in mind for his next son. Julian was born after the meteor shower. He never would have had another son if Kal-El was his adopted son.

Comment

Originally posted by greengoose
        I haven't logged in here in 4 years. Did so because I had the same question. Would have made better sense to have him named "Julian Luthor". Giving him the name Lionel had in mind for his next son. Julian was born after the meteor shower. He never would have had another son if Kal-El was his adopted son.
        Then how would they go the storyline if he had a completely different name?

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
          Then how would they go the storyline if he had a completely different name?
          It wouldn't change at all. Tess never used Clark's name with Alt!Clark until he knew she wasn't his Tess. And Clark would have adapted quickly just like he "accepted" to be Lionel's son.

Comment

Because they think the audience is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
              Because they think the audience is dumb.
              Not saying anyone is dumb but I've seen too many "ohmigaawd why is Clark kissing Tess?"- comments so I think the writers simplified it too much.

Comment

Liam Luthor would have been a nice name.

Comment

Because Lionel was a fan of Gone with the wind and Clark Gable.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎