Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Clark angry a lot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark has been angry for quite some time. It all started with Chloe leaving with Davis, which led to Doomsday. When you watch S9 you see him more hardened. Like when he threatened Zod to "destroy them all" in Disciple or when he lifted up Tess in Kandor or when he threatened her on the roof in Checkmate.

So this darkness plot in Lazaraus wasn't entirely unfounded but - IMHO - still out of the blue because in the end Clark always does the right thing and he forgives basically everyone for everything.

Comment

I agree, at least for the last 2 episodes. Clark's behavior doesn't fit his persona for what he stands for. This Clark is needy & dependent of others for reassurance & affirmation on qualities he should already have within him.

Then again, if I was being forced by the writers to kiss Chloe's ass so much and withhold myself from telling her off like she deserved years ago while being made to look like I would never become Superman without Lois' handholding & constant back-patting while my comics counterpart became Superman solely with what he learned from his parents, I would also be angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
        I don't mind if he is stern and serious. However, from what I have seen of him lately he comes off as angry and very defensive towards people. I can understand him being stern and serious with the enemies but he is also that way with his allies.

If I had allies like Chloe and Oliver, I'd be angry too, I'm surprised he smiles as much as he does with those two weighing him down. Anyways, I haven't seen Clark this lighthearted and happy since s4, but I do wish the writers would tone down the rough treatment of villians.

As for acting, IMO TW is an amazing actor who manages to portray Clark's emotions perfectly, he doesn't need to moan and groan and cry in anguish and chew up the scenery like other actors. If I need any proof of how good he is, I only need to see how he rises above the crappy writing and aces roles like Clark Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          I agree, at least for the last 2 episodes. Clark's behavior doesn't fit his persona for what he stands for. This Clark is needy & dependent of others for reassurance & affirmation on qualities he should already have within him.
          if i see clark needing inspiration one more time.......

Comment

He isn't the same friendly guy that he was back in the earlier seasons. I believe that is what I don't like about Clark lately. I don't see him as this great guy that everyone on the show keeps saying he is. He just seems like an angry guy that is doing good things but he makes it seem like a burden.

It is kinda like me giving someone a ride but complaining how I'm wasting my time giving so and so a ride when I could be doing something else. Sure, I am doing a good thing but my complaining kinda cancels it out. This is the way I have seen Clark lately.

He is a good guy but please can they make him friendlier?? He is way too uptight and angry.

For example, when he saved Lionel....did he really have to toss him like that? Or when he knew it was Alexander that shot Martha he kinda had a tone towards Tess saying yes this is all your fault.

Am I just jaded or does anyone else feel the same way?
            I thought so too... throwing Lionel was VERY uncalled for... and before that...

He was a bit pissy when he came home in the very first scene with Lois. And she even smiled at him, "do you have time for your mom?"

I guess he just has a lot on his mind

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan

He was a bit pissy when he came home in the very first scene with Lois. And she even smiled at him, "do you have time for your mom?"

I don't and thought it was kind of funny. Did you all forget how evil Lionel is and especially this Lionel? I wouldn't have saved him myself. He hasn't really liked Lionel for a while but tolerated him. This is not the real Lionel too. Just because he doesn't kiill that doesn't mean he has to be nice to his enemies. You think he should have coffee with Lionel too. C'mon get real.

I do agree though he seems more angry than his crying days with Lana. But I'll take angry or wimp anyday.

Comment

hello of course he's pissed. bad guys all over the place. people doubting him. his mum gets shot. he has a righht to be peeved

Comment

He isn't the same friendly guy that he was back in the earlier seasons. I believe that is what I don't like about Clark lately. I don't see him as this great guy that everyone on the show keeps saying he is. He just seems like an angry guy that is doing good things but he makes it seem like a burden.

It is kinda like me giving someone a ride but complaining how I'm wasting my time giving so and so a ride when I could be doing something else. Sure, I am doing a good thing but my complaining kinda cancels it out. This is the way I have seen Clark lately.

He is a good guy but please can they make him friendlier?? He is way too uptight and angry.

For example, when he saved Lionel....did he really have to toss him like that? Or when he knew it was Alexander that shot Martha he kinda had a tone towards Tess saying yes this is all your fault.

Am I just jaded or does anyone else feel the same way?
                  You didn't think the darkness in him was completely taken care of after #200, did you?

Anyway, his anger has bothered me pretty much since season 5, but I have hopes they will use it as a point of growth in the remainder of this season.

There has always been a strong righteousnous to Clark and there always will be, but this anger doesn't suit him. Let's hope he learns to balance his righteousness with some friendly grace.
                  Last edited by Pantalaimon; 02-12-2011, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny j
                    hello of course he's pissed. bad guys all over the place. people doubting him. his mum gets shot. he has a righht to be peeved
                    I agree. It's definitely not welling's fault either. He's shown in the earlier season's that he can play a friendly clark.

Comment

Tom Welling's acting is exceptional. It's just that the writers fail to get him in the spotlight sometimes.

Comment

....Then again, if I was being forced by the writers to kiss Chloe's ass so much and withhold myself from telling her off like she deserved years ago while being made to look like I would never become Superman without Lois' handholding & constant back-patting while my comics counterpart became Superman solely with what he learned from his parents, I would also be angry.
                        You had to go and blame the women in his life! Wouldn't be better to say, it's the poor writing!

Comment

I can understand his anger. I mean, he isn't battling FOTW anymore. Back in the early years when he was just a wide eyed kid. He only had to worry about pleasing his parents, getting good grades, trying to talk to Lana, and battling krypto freaks. Of course I want Clark to be happy again, but I can understand why he's angry. As the Season progresses, Clark is going to lighted back up. In this episode he even made a joke about his future self. The throwing of Lionel was funny
                          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 02-12-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't you be angry too if the people you thought supported you(the nation) turned on you and started calling you a viglliante and want to lock you up for helping them?

Comment

And wouldn't you be angry if every other character in the show developed, progressed, sainted, hero worshipped, while emotionally they are still keeping you as the immature little boy bouncing a ball at the farm?

CLARK, DON'T GET MAD, GET EVEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan

Throwing Lionel wasn't uncalled for...he saved the life of someone who tried to kill him and would spare no expense to destroy him or the people he loved. Its consistent with the same Clark that in "Progeny" (season 6) hesitated to stop Lex from getting shot in the Level 33.1 compound -- he eventually did save him, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎