No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Clark angry a lot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^

Consistent from 4 years ago. Okay. I thought Clark was growing and Maturing all this time.

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
    He's just a one-dimensional character at times. It pisses me off how rigid they portray him to be. Maybe its TW's acting but the guy just can't display a whole range of emotions when he is portraying Clark.
    I agree. And it's not the actor, because when he played Clark on red K, "Lionel", Clark Luthor, etc... we could see nuance. I guess this is just WHO the PTB think Clark is

Originally posted by SpitCurl
    I think he's definitely written as, at the very least, a very stern person (I'm sure the scripts are full of "and Clark looks at Tess sternly").

TW does a decent job with what he's given, but my own observation is he either doesn't really relate to Clark, or that his idea of Clark is exactly as he portrays him -- sort of conflicting, gloomy, happy at times but it's fleeting.

I say that because he's like a completely different person when he's "Clark Luthor!" or Kal (or h*ll, just when he's TW at Comic-Con -- look at this goofy fun-lovin' guy smile!). So, I agree Clark does come across as a tight a**, but we'll have to see if this is a conscious thing that the TPTB start to peel away at towards the final episodes
    to really show a contrast to Superman.
    Yeah, I don't know Clark seems VERY stilted to me. And I know some people say, "that's just how Superman is." Which is fine for the Cartoon.

I'm not interested in seeing a live Action Comic Book. If Clark/Superman is being portrayed by a human actor, then I want and expect to see human attributes. I would like Clark to have a range of emotions and to be able to see them OR to have him hiding them. And see that fight to cover. It's like Spock in the Star Trek 2009. Vulcan's are supposed to be logical and unemotional. However, having great emotions and COVERING them is an interesting thing to act. Spock had great nuance.

Playing a guy with No emotions, is just boring. It seems that Clark is Directed/portrayed this way the vast majority of the time. Except when the occasional real person breaks through.

Not very relatable or interesting to watch, imho.
    Last edited by luckycloisfan; 02-12-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

let's not forget, this Lionel did beat Clark with a belt the last time they met. Plus, Clark knows that this Lionel isn't going to turn over a new leaf. This Lionel probably views Clark's save as a sign of weakness. The fact that Clark threw him was probably to send the message home to Lionel that he's not dealing with a pushover. It put Lionel in his place because he owes his life to Clark, but it robbed him of his dignity. I think it would have been weird if Clark didn't dump him on the ground. Sure he might have tossed him a little hard, but Lionel's resilent. I don't even think he noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
        Wouldn't you be angry too if the people you thought supported you(the nation) turned on you and started calling you a viglliante and want to lock you up for helping them?
        Well, yes I would be angry but I expect more from someone that will be an inspiration to the world. I don't have much influence on the world the way Clark does and so for me to get angry wouldn't really matter all that much.

However, if I was in Clark shoes I would hold myself to a higher standard and try my best to make the best decisions possible with the best judgment I can muster. Hopefully this happens when he finally seperates Clark Kent from his superhero persona.

I don't mind if he gets angry when it is justified but he seems to get angry/annoyed at almost everything. I bet he is stressed but Jonathan is the one who told him he can't afford to get angry.

I hope this is all just part of the darkness plot but we have to wait and see.

Comment

I'm not a comic book reader or anything, but does Clark hold himself to a standard as Superman or does the world set a standard they expect Superman to adhere to? Clark is a good guy, better than most. But I felt that both he and Martha in that scene seemed to hesitate over whether Lionel needed to be saved and Martha is the one who helped instill his values in him.

I personally think it would be pretty pretentious of Clark to say, well I'm Superman so I can't do things like that. In general I think people would look at him and say, you saved him so you're a better man than me. It's not like he broke Lionel's arm when he thrwe him or anything. Just gave him a rough landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
            He isn't the same friendly guy that he was back in the earlier seasons. I believe that is what I don't like about Clark lately. I don't see him as this great guy that everyone on the show keeps saying he is. He just seems like an angry guy that is doing good things but he makes it seem like a burden.
            He's not in high school anymore.

For example, when he saved Lionel....did he really have to toss him like that?
            Yes. Lionel should be grateful Clark has enough good in his heart that he even saved his ass, he doesn't have to lay him down gently.

Originally posted by pjack
            I don't and thought it was kind of funny. Did you all forget how evil Lionel is and especially this Lionel? I wouldn't have saved him myself. He hasn't really liked Lionel for a while but tolerated him. This is not the real Lionel too. Just because he doesn't kiill that doesn't mean he has to be nice to his enemies. You think he should have coffee with Lionel too. C'mon get real.

I do agree though he seems more angry than his crying days with Lana. But I'll take angry or wimp anyday.
            Me too

Comment

I personally think it would be pretty pretentious of Clark to say, well I'm Superman so I can't do things like that. In general I think people would look at him and say, you saved him so you're a better man than me. It's not like he broke Lionel's arm when he thrwe him or anything. Just gave him a rough landing
              QFT

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                let's not forget, this Lionel did beat Clark with a belt the last time they met. Plus, Clark knows that this Lionel isn't going to turn over a new leaf. This Lionel probably views Clark's save as a sign of weakness. The fact that Clark threw him was probably to send the message home to Lionel that he's not dealing with a pushover. It put Lionel in his place because he owes his life to Clark, but it robbed him of his dignity. I think it would have been weird if Clark didn't dump him on the ground. Sure he might have tossed him a little hard, but Lionel's resilent. I don't even think he noticed.
                Well said...ITA

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  I agree, at least for the last 2 episodes. Clark's behavior doesn't fit his persona for what he stands for. This Clark is needy & dependent of others for reassurance & affirmation on qualities he should already have within him.

Then again, if I was being forced by the writers to kiss Chloe's ass so much and withhold myself from telling her off like she deserved years ago while being made to look like I would never become Superman without Lois' handholding & constant back-patting while my comics counterpart became Superman solely with what he learned from his parents, I would also be angry.
                  I know, Chloe went behind his back and made kryptonite weapons, and does nothing. And in season 7, after the Lana-Bizzaro fiasco, he finally tells Lana off, only to apologize to her at he end of the episode.

Comment

Alot people are nicer as a kid then when they become an adult they are AW. If he met Tess anytime before season 5 i'm sure he would have been much nicer. Season 2 Clark may have tried to hook up with her in red. Imagine Martha face if Clark bought Tess home as a teenager. She would have probably gotten the same treatment her brother got from Johnathan. Clark been stress out alot. Alot of his friends turned his back on him. Pete just ditch him then his friendship with Lex went downhill. Chole was like the only friend who really stuck around then she left. Guess Clark could be mad at alot of things.

Comment

is clark angry a lot? no. in fact i think that he has smiled more this season than almost any other. and why is anyone mad that clark threw lionel down? he's lionel luthor!!!!!! a villain. heroes don't play nice with villains, not even superman. lionel should be grateful clark even saved him.

now does clark have any reason to be angry? yes. the man selflessly saves people on a daily basis and the same people he saves want to call him a terrorist. also, look at the last ten years of clark's life. truthfully, aside from a few moments, they've been pretty depressing. so i can see clark needing some inspiration in his life because for the past ten years he's felt like "every time he tries to do something right he does something wrong". its really sad when you think about it.

i just wish that everyone could see clark the way that i do.

Comment

Originally posted by skye4376
                        is clark angry a lot? no. in fact i think that he has smiled more this season than almost any other. and why is anyone mad that clark threw lionel down? he's lionel luthor!!!!!! a villain. heroes don't play nice with villains, not even superman. lionel should be grateful clark even saved him.

now does clark have any reason to be angry? yes. the man selflessly saves people on a daily basis and the same people he saves want to call him a terrorist. also, look at the last ten years of clark's life. truthfully, aside from a few moments, they've been pretty depressing. so i can see clark needing some inspiration in his life because for the past ten years he's felt like "every time he tries to do something right he does something wrong". its really sad when you think about it.

i just wish that everyone could see clark the way that i do.
                        I don't blame him for throwing Lionel. He had it coming. He beat Clark with a blet last time they met. At least his daughter never beat Clark down like he did and she still got thrown by him.

Comment

Clark hasn't seemed angry to me. Stern, yes. Focussed, yes, But angry, no, which is quite awesome given the crap he's had to deal with.

And what's with all the complaints about the Lionel throw? This is Earth-2 Lionel. He's a monster in the same vein as Lex and Major Zod, and one step below Brainiac on the evil-o-meter. No one complains about Clark beating up muggers, or knife-fighting Zod, but god forbid he give a psychotic pseudo-dictator a light toss.

Clark's been great this season. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually enjoying his scenes as much as those of the villains.

Comment

Is Clark angry a lot. No. However, has a reason to be especially looking at the last two or three years of his life. What with Oliver stabbing him in the back (literally) which resulted in Jimmy's death. Then Oliver and Chloe, blaming him for Jimmy's death (I will not get into it here. But if you like to hear. My take on it. I would be happy to explain it to you), and then in season nine when Chloe. Literally made kryptonite weapons without telling him, the kidnapping of his father (clone) Chloe spying on his house and thinking she is better than everyone. I do not know about you but last year's upgrade when Clark had red kryptonite in his system and he pushed Chloe and burned the Shield into watchtower. I was thinking. Finally Clark showing backbone. And now in the most recent episode Oliver disobeying Clark's orders (though I understand why) but still. And now Oliver as the Omega symbol, and I saw that part of me felt so sorry for Oliver but the other part of me said. That is what you deserve because Clark warned you. I have always gotten the feeling from Oliver and Chloe (especially in season eight and nine) that they think they are better than everybody else and they do not trust anybody else to come through. They operate, I think I am the idea of you want something done right. You have to do it yourself mentality.. They think they can do whatever they want without any consequences whatsoever. Chloe paid the price for in season eight and nine and now Oliver has paid the price with the Omega symbol.
                            So to get back is Clark more angry than usual no he is not. Hack with everything I have listed above Clark looks and acts like a happy ray of sunshine. I know that, if that stuff happened to me (or something similar. I would be wanting to throw people around the room and strangle them have to. Just my opinions
                            Last edited by mrw66855; 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎