Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Clark angry a lot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is Clark angry a lot?

He isn't the same friendly guy that he was back in the earlier seasons. I believe that is what I don't like about Clark lately. I don't see him as this great guy that everyone on the show keeps saying he is. He just seems like an angry guy that is doing good things but he makes it seem like a burden.

It is kinda like me giving someone a ride but complaining how I'm wasting my time giving so and so a ride when I could be doing something else. Sure, I am doing a good thing but my complaining kinda cancels it out. This is the way I have seen Clark lately.

He is a good guy but please can they make him friendlier?? He is way too uptight and angry.

For example, when he saved Lionel....did he really have to toss him like that? Or when he knew it was Alexander that shot Martha he kinda had a tone towards Tess saying yes this is all your fault.

Am I just jaded or does anyone else feel the same way?

He's just a one-dimensional character at times. It pisses me off how rigid they portray him to be. Maybe its TW's acting but the guy just can't display a whole range of emotions when he is portraying Clark.

Comment

I feel the same way. He was more humble back then plus tom wellings voice has really changed over the years. he actually did sound like a kid in the earlier seasons.

Comment

TW's acting is fine IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
          TW's acting is fine IMO.
          It's very mediocre IMO when it comes to portraying Clark.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong...TW's doing a great job this season in spite of some of the lousy writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
              It's very mediocre IMO when it comes to portraying Clark.
              Sorry you feel that way. I completely disagree.

Comment

All right, I am not talking about Tom Welling's acting lol. I am talking about Clark being angry a lot.

I like Clark when he is actually friendly like he was during the fan videos and with Martha at the end of the epsiode. The other times he always seems like he has a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

He has definitely been a debbie downer lately.

Comment

I really hope he gets his act together soon because next epsiode he will start wearing his glasses.

As of right now he seems too ordinary as a person to be this great hero that they all make him out to be. His emotions get the better of him often and cloud his judgment.

For example, when he kinda hesitated before saving Lionel.

Comment

not angry just more stern and serious, like superman actually is
                      he's not a kid anymore but a grown man wit literally the world on his shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by thereason
                        not angry just more stern and serious, like superman actually is
                        he's not a kid anymore but a grown man wit literally the world on his shoulders
                        I don't mind if he is stern and serious. However, from what I have seen of him lately he comes off as angry and very defensive towards people. I can understand him being stern and serious with the enemies but he is also that way with his allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                          I really hope he gets his act together soon because next epsiode he will start wearing his glasses.

As of right now he seems too ordinary as a person to be this great hero that they all make him out to be. His emotions get the better of him often and cloud his judgment.

For example, when he kinda hesitated before saving Lionel.
                          Isnt this the reason Jorrel took the suit to the fortress. And isnt that his final trial to deal with the anger and darkness inside him so he can be that beacon of light Martha said tonight he can be.

Comment

I think he's definitely written as, at the very least, a very stern person (I'm sure the scripts are full of "and Clark looks at Tess sternly").

TW does a decent job with what he's given, but my own observation is he either doesn't really relate to Clark, or that his idea of Clark is exactly as he portrays him -- sort of conflicting, gloomy, happy at times but it's fleeting.

I say that because he's like a completely different person when he's "Clark Luthor!" or Kal (or h*ll, just when he's TW at Comic-Con -- look at this goofy fun-lovin' guy smile!). So, I agree Clark does come across as a tight a**, but we'll have to see if this is a conscious thing that the TPTB start to peel away at towards the final episodes to really show a contrast to Superman.

Comment

I've seen Clark smile a lot this season and he is happier in his personal life. He is serious when he deals with the baddies and I sure don't blame him when he gets upset with his mom getting shot. This is a hard time for Clark when he is trying to be a hero and getting blocked by so many. He is also facing an enemy that could take over the world. There is a lot on his plate and he isn't this young boy just saving his friends like in the earlier seasons. Just like most people that grow up and get out into the world and face trials, Clark won't always have a smile on his face. In my opinion, TW is doing a great job playing Clark.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎