No announcement yet.

"the darkness" is getting lazy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the darkness" is getting lazy

Apparently that seed of doubt wasn't enough to turn the world against Clark and the other heroes, since the VRA was repealed.

What has Darkseid been doing all this time? Some threat he turned out to be.

well, i think we're supposed to count this as a victory. By continuing to do his heroic duty even in the face of public mistrust and fear, Clark managed to inspire hope and faith. Darkseid first went after the people in authority or who had a means of reaching a wide audience but Clark was still able to counter that by being a hero and inspiring people to believe in him. I think now though Darkseid is going to have to change his game plan. I bet he'll start to become more of a physical threat than a psychological one.

Comment

That's what I'm hoping to happen too.

Comment

Like Carter said a force always rises up against the darkness, this is just the start of it.

Comment

Darkseid just couldn't compete with all those supporting fan-vids,but I'msure he will plant a viral video in u tube soon.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
            well, i think we're supposed to count this as a victory. By continuing to do his heroic duty even in the face of public mistrust and fear, Clark managed to inspire hope and faith. Darkseid first went after the people in authority or who had a means of reaching a wide audience but Clark was still able to counter that by being a hero and inspiring people to believe in him. I think now though Darkseid is going to have to change his game plan. I bet he'll start to become more of a physical threat than a psychological one.
            I agree with you, the OP made me laugh also.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
              Darkseid just couldn't compete with all those supporting fan-vids,but I'msure he will plant a viral video in u tube soon.

I just love the title of this thread - Darksied = lazy

Maybe that's why Lex comes back... to show him/it/the smoke monster how it's done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                Like Carter said a force always rises up against the darkness, this is just the start of it.
                We're not getting New Genesis it seems.

Comment

I think Darkseid was planned to be the Big Bad this year with the reasoning that Rosenbaum wouldn't be back, and Lex--who simply had to be involved with this season's endgame--would be regulated to a secondary storyline.
                  That may be changed now, with MR back for the last episode. Here's hoping, as I hated the whole VRA plot, with its hatred against anyone and everyone to the right-of-center political spectrum.
                  Also, I was seeing more and more evidence that no lessons were learned from the lame Doomsday (or as another wisely put it, "Failsday") season. As a great lawman once taught us, the Darkseid/VRA plot should be nipped in the bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                    We're not getting New Genesis it seems.
                    R U kidding?
                    With the cheapness the CW treats any SV related stuff, we will be lucky if they show Apokolips as an old factory boiler room in an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                      I think Darkseid was planned to be the Big Bad this year with the reasoning that Rosenbaum wouldn't be back, and Lex--who simply had to be involved with this season's endgame--would be regulated to a secondary storyline.
                      That may be changed now, with MR back for the last episode. Here's hoping, as I hated the whole VRA plot, with its hatred against anyone and everyone to the right-of-center political spectrum.
                      Also, I was seeing more and more evidence that no lessons were learned from the lame Doomsday (or as another wisely put it, "Failsday") season. As a great lawman once taught us, the Darkseid/VRA plot should be nipped in the bud.
                      Yeah, Lois accusing Dinah of having a "Tea Party"... Cat Grant's character... and I caught that dig at Fox News in Beacon... the scene with Lois baking, right before Martha walks into the house

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                        R U kidding?
                        With the cheapness the CW treats any SV related stuff, we will be lucky if they show Apokolips as an old factory boiler room in an episode.
                        New Genesis is the elephant in the room. I THINK when they say a good force fights back they mean themselves which makes me giggle then feel sad that they have missed the point of the New Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
                          Yeah, Lois accusing Dinah of having a "Tea Party"... Cat Grant's character... and I caught that dig at Fox News in Beacon... the scene with Lois baking, right before Martha walks into the house
                          The weirdest part of all this, for me, is that in the same episode preaching hate towards anyone with a right of center vew was a message of acceptance and tolerance of all. I'm still wondering if anyone involved ever realized they were treating people like me with the same intolerance they were preaching against. It was like listening to the Klan preach against bigotry (and no, I'm not comparing the evil Klan to Smallville talents, or myself to Klan victims by any means; just using the Klan as an example).

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                            Nicely stated and I agree. For the record, I liked the VRA plot.

Comment

i'm definitely thinking/hoping that the darkseid story will be put to rest. it would have never worked, much like doomsday. we don't need these larger-than-life villains. as beacon showed the luthors are more than enough to fill that big-baddie role.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎