No announcement yet.

Clark Saving Lionel Luthor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Saving Lionel Luthor

So Lionel was in the burning house with no way to escape. This Lionel is not the Lionel of our earth and is much more evil. What sucks is that Clark saved him knowing all the bad stuff he is going to do. He knows Clarks secret. Alexander is still alive and it's just going to get worse.
    I saw the look on his face when he looked at Martha like, "Damn, I guess i'll go get him too."
    I know he can't kill BUT wasn't there an episode were he says he doesn't kill but he doesn't have to save him either? This Lionel is going to be trouble.

Originally posted by pjack
    BUT wasn't there an episode were he says he doesn't kill but he doesn't have to save him either?
    that was Batman Begins where Batman let's Ra's Al Ghul ride the train to his "Apparent" death.

also i was worried at first that Martha would have to beg Clark to rescue him for a second but his Superman instinct finally kicked in eventually i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal-Jordan
      that was Batman Begins where Batman let's Ra's Al Ghul ride the train to his "Apparent" death.

also i was worried at first that Martha would have to beg Clark to rescue him for a second but his Superman instinct finally kicked in eventually i guess.
      LOL... that's right. Well it's still in DC U. Yeah, I guess it did. At first I didn't think he was going to save him.

Comment

Superman saves everyone, from innocent little kids to convicted serial killers. That's just who he is. But I loved the way he tossed Lionel to the ground after rescuing him. Sort of like "I may have to rescue you, but I don't have to like it".

Comment

At least he didn't let him down gently.

Comment

This reminded me of Clark saving Lex in a prior episode. I'm blanking out on the title, but he let the bullet graze him.

I'm still giggling over how Clark may have saved Lionel, but he did it like he was chucking out the trash, considering how Lionel rolled.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
              So Lionel was in the burning house with no way to escape. This Lionel is not the Lionel of our earth and is much more evil. What sucks is that Clark saved him knowing all the bad stuff he is going to do. He knows Clarks secret. Alexander is still alive and it's just going to get worse.
              I saw the look on his face when he looked at Martha like, "Damn, I guess i'll go get him too."
              I know he can't kill BUT wasn't there an episode were he says he doesn't kill but he doesn't have to save him either? This Lionel is going to be trouble.
              I knew Clark was going to save Lionel not because he has like two more episodes left to do. But because letting Lionel die would make him no different than the evil doers of the world.Look at how Clark was faced with Alexander earlier,a kryptonite gun was in his face. Yet Clark still tried to inspire him to not do evil that's what I love about him. That's how Clark's character is it doesn't matter how many crimes a person does.He'll still holds out hope that there's a chance they can change.We know Lex will go evil and with Clark there's a chance based on the past. That he thinks Lex might go evil,yet still holds out on hoping that he won't become evil.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                At least he didn't let him down gently.
                It's sort of funny if Clark did that to a female villian people would complain, but he does it to an elderly person it AOK. lol

Comment

I remember him choking Tess. It was one of his better moments, but people did complain.

I didn't like his hesitation with Lionel though. Supes would never hesitate. Looking at his mom? In the 10th season? Seriously? Just because he's evil and from another universe, doesn't mean he's not real and deserves to die. Clark knows that. He should have saved Lionel when he saved Martha.

Comment

I have to admit, if Clark could superspeed all those hostages out of the warehouse in Echo then what stopped him from saving both Martha and Lionel at the same time?

Comment

SO much drama in that scene, he looked at martha, waited, and then went in an tossed him. Its not over! GREAT EP!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroesAllDay
                        I remember him choking Tess. It was one of his better moments, but people did complain.

I didn't like his hesitation with Lionel though. Supes would never hesitate. Looking at his mom? In the 10th season? Seriously? Just because he's evil and from another universe, doesn't mean he's not real and deserves to die. Clark knows that. He should have saved Lionel when he saved Martha.
                        I didn't mind it. Because Clark has hesitated before, with Lex. And he let Lex get grazed by the bullet.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                        I have to admit, if Clark could superspeed all those hostages out of the warehouse in Echo then what stopped him from saving both Martha and Lionel at the same time?
                        Good taste. If I were Clark I wouldn't want AU Lionel in the same zip code as Martha, let alone sharing breathing space in a rescue. Clark was obviously able to rescue both of them separately in time and unlike when she got shot, this time he wasn't going to let anything get in his way of rescuing her, especially a no good manipulating MB from another universe.

And he got to show his disdain for the evil power hungry father of Ultraman while saving his sorry hide.
                        Last edited by geminis; 02-12-2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                          And he let Lex get grazed by the bullet.
                          When was that? I can only remember Siren when he had to choose between Canary and Lex and he choose Canary.

Comment

I really could have done without the hesitation and the look to Martha before saving Lionel. A little resignated sigh before speeding off to get Lionel would have been enough.

Comment

Indeed i do worry sometimes whether the show forget's this guy's going to be Superman soon, Superman would'nt hesitate he wouldn't like it but he would always take the moral highground over his own opinion's because at the end of the day its the right thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎