Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glasses and a bad haircut...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget that he said in Idol, "I'm a bit nearsighted," even though he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
      The problem remains that people like Cat Grant and Everyone have seen his face... when Superman comes out... Clark Kent has been KNOWN forever without glasses... People know his FACE

Can't wait to see the PTB's great plan for this
      If there is going to be some kind of mind wipe. Please spare Lois!

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
        The problem remains that people like Cat Grant and Everyone have seen his face... when Superman comes out... Clark Kent has been KNOWN forever without glasses... People know his FACE

Can't wait to see the PTB's great plan for this
        This has always been the problem, but they thought the show would be over before this would ever need to be addressed. No one knew it would be on for 10yrs.
        It will be interesting.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Steve-El
        Don't forget that he said in Idol, "I'm a bit nearsighted," even though he isn't.
        Which I don't understanding. Because why did he even say that? It's obvious the writers just did that for the fans without thinking about it because at that point he wasnt thinking it was for a dual identity really. Now he is so I don't see what the point was for that remark and the glasses early myself.
        Last edited by pjack; 02-12-2011, 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

From a "LONG" time fan.

Having been a long time fan, since the 1950's, I really enjoyed Clark's comment. I think someone needs to take a vote as to who is real and who is the S-I. I believe in the 3 persons in one ( a trinity if you will ) Clark the person, Superman the hero, and Clark the nerd. As was in the movie, "Superman 2" Lois asks " It must be tough being Clark Kent?" Superman, " No, not at all. I enjoy it, even though I make a fool of myself"
          As, in the comic books, this is the true Clarks comic relief. As the preview says; " I'll be hidding in plain sight." As the comic books have shown, Clark needs his Superman and CK/nerd identitys.
          I think the writers and producers have done a great job in putting together a believable character. Can't wait for the remainder of the season.

Comment

I really hope they don't make Clark bumbling. I really dislike that portrayal of Clark in the movies.

Comment

Regardless of the whole Clark vs. Kalel thing....I just think the reasoning behind the conclusion has been/is very poorly reached....

He saw it in the future (hey I loved the 200th but still) and now he is going to do it too.....

I'm not just talking about the silliness of the circular time-travel logic...I'm mad because Clark didn't come to putting on the "Clark mask" as an adult/strategic decision...Instead he's just copying his future self...That's as adult as being little, and dressing up like mommy or daddy like they do when they go to work......weak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                I really hope they don't make Clark bumbling. I really dislike that portrayal of Clark in the movies.
                well he has acted bunbling from time to time(Rabid being recent memory dropping his phone when Lois came) and people has viewed him as mild mannered or or a bumbling nerd as he was called Lois Lane many times, Lex called him a mild mannered farm boy, the woman from homecoming called him a bumbling nerd,Clark would forget his head if it wasn't attached with a necktie, and other times so people view him as a nerd and he doesn't have to be as bumbling as he was in the movies

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
                  well he has acted bunbling from time to time(Rabid being recent memory dropping his phone when Lois came) and people has viewed him as mild mannered or or a bumbling nerd as he was called Lois Lane many times, Lex called him a mild mannered farm boy, the woman from homecoming called him a bumbling nerd,Clark would forget his head if it wasn't attached with a necktie, and other times so people view him as a nerd and he doesn't have to be as bumbling as he was in the movies
                  Dropping his phone wasn't that bad and mild mannered isn't bumbling to me. I don't consider a nerd or someone wearing glasses as bumbling. The girl that called Clark bumbling in high school needs her head examined because he was never bumbling...Acting ignorant, hunched over, rumbled clothes like in the Superman movie isn't appealing and I hope SV Clark doesn't lower himself to act like that.

Comment

LOL he said "and a bad haircut" which is exactly the same haircut he uses when he's The Blur

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                      give me a nerd with glasses any day of the week!
                      A nerd with glasses who can FLY!

(Hilariousness):
                      (Lois) "Here you go, Clark.
                      (Clark) "No, I like those glasses better."
                      (Lois) "They DO look good on you!"
                      (Clark) "NOW I am ready!" (he steps out of the optics shop, and FLIES!!

(Lois is screaming from below "THE GLASSES! Get the glasses off!!!")

(Clark REMOVES the glasses...and he FALLS like a potatoe, as in Supergirl-fashion!)

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                        Dropping his phone wasn't that bad and mild mannered isn't bumbling to me. I don't consider a nerd or someone wearing glasses as bumbling. The girl that called Clark bumbling in high school needs her head examined because he was never bumbling...Acting ignorant, hunched over, rumbled clothes like in the Superman movie isn't appealing and I hope SV Clark doesn't lower himself to act like that.
                        Yes he was bumbling. The whole first season he couldn't get close to Lana and always tripped because of her Green k necklace. So that's how everyone saw him. Pete and Chloe would make bets on when he would trip. No one knew it was because of Kryptonite so yes he was considered bumbling and nerdy in high school.
                        Last edited by pjack; 02-15-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I didn't think future Clark's haircut was bad i actually liked it

Comment

I loved that line, but I am worried Clark will become the disguise. Its not like Batman when Bruce Wayne is the disguise and Batman is the real person. Clark Kent is the real person and Superman is the disguise. At least that is how I have always seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
                              I loved that line, but I am worried Clark will become the disguise. Its not like Batman when Bruce Wayne is the disguise and Batman is the real person. Clark Kent is the real person and Superman is the disguise. At least that is how I have always seen it.
                              Well at first I was a fan of Clark Kent being the disguise but I realize Clark Kent and Superman are both real and both disguises in different ways(change in height, voice, hairstyle, etc) so it's disrepectful in different way to call in a way to call either a disguise or true self, unlike Batman or Spider-man, etc which it's a clear who is the disguise and who is the real face. In short, I believe in the Clark Kent around people who know he is Superman, Daily Planet Clark Kent and Superman/Kal-el.

Comment

I want to see Clark struggling to become the uptight and nerdy version of himself he seems so traumatized by. I think it would be hysterical if he said something corny and then winced after everyone left.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎