No announcement yet.

Glasses and a bad haircut...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denizenzero
    Clark's identity is exactly the opposite of Bruce Wayne's.

Bruce Wayne, everything he would've been, died with his parents. Batman was born that night, and he's been Batman ever since. Bruce Wayne is a means to an end; access to money and resources anyone else would never have. Wayne only goes public to further the playboy image and keep his company afloat.
    I like the theory he tries to kill Bruce to be Batman so he can be more effective but is still Bruce.

With Clark and Superman he is the same guy one man he may act differently with different people to hide who he is him acting mild mannered and throwing people off does not make the Clark Kent identity less valid than Superman.

Comment

Best Line Clark has said in a while!

Comment

Originally posted by TECHWON
        agreed it's nice to see the glasses and a bad hair cut come back

he's gotta start acting more superman-ish
        Yeah.. in the future he was very confident and strong. You can tell he was more mature in the future. I'd like to see him go that way by the end even though that was 7 yrs in the future.

Comment

I find it amusing that he's basically calling himself a dork

Comment

Isn't that the way he wears his hair as the blur? Why would he call it a bad haircut??

Comment

I'm looking forward to the glasses next week I just hope Clark doesn't go with a bad hair cut. I also hope after next week we don't end up seeing Clark not wearing glasses.Cause i'll be tick if that happens i'm tired of the glasses once every blue moon running joke.

Comment

LOL and what about all the people at the DP who have already seen him as he is? Shouldn't they recognize Clark as Superman now and be confused at the "new guy with glasses and a bad haircut" going around with Clark's ID?

Comment

Originally posted by denizenzero
                  My main concern from this is that they're going to have him portray Clark as essentially un-Clark. Clark isn't the disguise. My favorite quote on this topic is from L&C, which was basically, "Clark is who I am. Superman is what I can do."

Clark isn't the disguise.
                  I think that just depends on what show or movie you're watching or what book you're reading.

This show has always been about Clark Kent shaping up to be Superman, they never put much focus on Clark Kent the ace reporter. It seems to me that Superman is who he really is on this show and I'm fine with that. I'm fine with Clark Kent being the disguise. And on top of all that, everyone who is important to him knows who he truly is.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                    I'm looking forward to the glasses next week I just hope Clark doesn't go with a bad hair cut. I also hope after next week we don't end up seeing Clark not wearing glasses.Cause i'll be tick if that happens i'm tired of the glasses once every blue moon running joke.
                    Same here, this time is has to be full-time, I can only accept Clark not wearing them if hes at the barn etc. or sometimes at watchtower talking to Lois or something. But on the streets/planet it has to be all the time.

Comment

I don't think they had much choice in Smallville, at some point they were always going to have to disguise Clark. The bigger challenge IMO will be explaining why all the people who have seen and known him the way he is now will suddenly forget by the time he steps into the light as Superman.

In a sense I think they're both a disguise. Clark Kent will adopt a different look to throw people off the scent while Superman, though openly admitting at some point to being an alien from another planet (Kal-El) never admits he is also Clark Kent. They're two halves of the whole so I've never quite agreed with the argument that one is the disguise while the other is who he really is...

Really looking forward to how they deal with this on the run in to the finale. It's one of the things I've been looking forward to most this season.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
                        I personally don't like the "Clark-as-disguise" route (which is a very Silver Age idea)
                        "And when you show yourself to the world, it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism that will start when they look up into the sky with hope for tomorrow. Adn you will help everyone to embrace it."

Comment

Me, I'm of the opinion that no haircut can be a bad haircut for Clark. I'd probably even love him bald, although I would cry a river over the loss of those gorgeous locks.

As for the disguise, I'm with Annie.

Comment

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion about whether Clark is the disguise or Superman is the disguise.

I agree with what David Carradine's character in Kill Bill said. He said something like Batman or Spider-Man is a disguise, but for Superman he is real, and Clark Kent is the disguise as he see humans as weak and imitates them or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
                              That was hillarious. I'm glad he mentioned it and is looking toward what he will become. I hope to see a transition soon!
                              The problem remains that people like Cat Grant and Everyone have seen his face... when Superman comes out... Clark Kent has been KNOWN forever without glasses... People know his FACE

Can't wait to see the PTB's great plan for this

Comment

We get glasses, but will he keep them on? Confusing, because in the promo pictures for "Fortune" he's not wearing them....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎