No announcement yet.

Glasses and a bad haircut...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjack
    Who said it was Lois' idea? Lois said in the Future that it was his idea to wear the glasses. So it's always been his idea.
    Dude I know its been said numerous times that it ISNT Lois' idea, its Clark... yet folks were getting all up and arms about it in the spoiler thread that omgz its Lois' idea she's gonna do this and that... glad its been put to rest.

Comment

two questions How is Clark really becoming the disguise? I mean he is creating a "Clark" which is not who he is at all...It seems that unlike the comics there will be three personsas, public Clark, private Clark and Superman, However...

...how can this disguise possibly work on Smallville? I mean we can all agree that the disguise in and of itself is charmingly absurd...however at least normally everyone who knew Clark only knew him as the nerd Clark...So when he starts wearing Glasses who is he going to be fooling, because everything will still realize Clark is Superman...

Comment

The has been a long debate over the years as to who the person really is and who is the disguise. Theres a very long page about this in wikipedia which states that so many schools of thought have weighed in on the matter.. even psychologist and stuff.. same with Batman and Bruce Wayne.. so i guess at the end of the day it really depends on what the individual thinks... and its really up to you

Comment

Originally posted by Shootza
          Dude I know its been said numerous times that it ISNT Lois' idea, its Clark... yet folks were getting all up and arms about it in the spoiler thread that omgz its Lois' idea she's gonna do this and that... glad its been put to rest.
          Gotcha.. Well it should have been put to rest a while back because SHE said it in the future and that episode happened a few months ago. Maybe they missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
            two questions How is Clark really becoming the disguise? I mean he is creating a "Clark" which is not who he is at all...It seems that unlike the comics there will be three personsas, public Clark, private Clark and Superman, However...
            Actually - that idea has been done in the comics. That there are actually three sides to him: "public"-Clark Kent, "private"-Clark Kent and the public-hero Superman.

So if SV ends up (accidentally) implying there are three sides to all this going on with Clark's disguise, it won't be without precedent.

Comment

Finally we get the glasses!Better late than never.I'm so happy!

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
                Actually - that idea has been done in the comics. That there are actually three sides to him: "public"-Clark Kent, "private"-Clark Kent and the public-hero Superman.
                This concept can be said with Bruce Wanye as well

Public Bruce-aka the playboy billionaire
                Private Bruce-the detective in the batcave

Batman- The ass-kicker

Especially if you go by the nolan films
                Last edited by debeerguy(); 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

So if SV ends up (accidentally) implying there are three sides to all this going on with Clark's disguise, it won't be without precedent.
                  accidentally Implying? - well I mean how will there not be three sides on Smallville...Is Clark going to start wearing the Glasses at home or when at Watchtower out of costume...I mean every person he would hang out with privately on Smallville knows his secret (including Lois) so why would Clark wear the disguise in his private life anyway? In other words in the context of Smallville why would there be one scene not at the DP with Clark wearing the disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                    accidentally Implying? - well I mean how will there not be three sides on Smallville...Is Clark going to start wearing the Glasses at home or when at Watchtower out of costume...I mean every person he would hang out with privately on Smallville knows his secret (including Lois) so why would Clark wear the disguise in his private life anyway? In other words in the context of Smallville why would there be one scene not at the DP with Clark wearing the disguise?
                    By "accidentally implying" what I mean is, I don't think in any way that the SV PTB have set this up to be the 3-tire identity situation on purpose. I think they are totally just going for the straight-up "Clark Kent is the disguise" idea. Yeah sure, it'll end up being that 3-tire because of the nature of the show and how long it's lasted and the various relationships Clark has that have been gone in depth with. So it can't help but have that idea in there. But they didn't build that layered idea of it in there on purpose IMO.

Comment

lol that line cracked me up

Comment

By "accidentally implying" what I mean is, I don't think in any way that the SV PTB have set this up to be the 3-tire identity situation on purpose. I think they are totally just going for the straight-up "Clark Kent is the disguise" idea. Yeah sure, it'll end up being that 3-tire because of the nature of the show and how long it's lasted and the various relationships Clark has that have been gone in depth with. So it can't help but have that idea in there. But they didn't build that layered idea of it in there on purpose IMO.
                        Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
                          Why is Superman "what he can do"? Clark was protrayed as the disguise in the Superman movies. The guy IS Super AND he doesn't need glasses.

So, it only makes sense for Clark to be the disguise. And Superman to be well, the Man

Well, there are pics from Fortune and we can look and see if he is wearing them there.

Don't think they are staying... but who knows...
                          I don't agree, cause he's CLARK KENT. Clark Kent is the real person. Clark is a guy who just happens to have Super Powers. To me I always found Clark as the disguise disrespectful to the Kents given he was raised as Clark Kent. There's nothing "not real" about Clark

Comment

That when he's just walking around every day, he's Clark. He walks, talks and acts like everyone else. As Superman, he stands up a littler straighter, talks a little deeper. Everyone sees that he's a superhero who's NOT wearing a mask, they just figure he's Superman all the time. That was one of the reasons for not opting for a mask. No one's looking for who he really is.

As far as secret identities go, Clark's really got the best gig going.

Comment

Originally posted by debeerguy()
                              This concept can be said with Bruce Wanye as well

Public Bruce-aka the playboy billionaire
                              Private Bruce-the detective in the batcave

Batman- The ass-kicker

Especially if you go by the nolan films
                              agreed it's nice to see the glasses and a bad hair cut come back

he's gotta start acting more superman-ish

Comment

Clark's identity is exactly the opposite of Bruce Wayne's.

Bruce Wayne, everything he would've been, died with his parents. Batman was born that night, and he's been Batman ever since. Bruce Wayne is a means to an end; access to money and resources anyone else would never have. Wayne only goes public to further the playboy image and keep his company afloat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎